Team-BHP - Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/26059-trivandrum-bangalore-route-queries-44.html)

Hi all,

I'm planning to drive back to Bangalore from Trivandrum. On my way to Trivandrum 2 weeks ago, the roads were blocked in Nagercoil due to the heavy rains. Heard that portions of the road had also collapsed.

What's the condition now? Is it driveable? Has anyone travelled recently from Tvm to Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnakumar (Post 5201663)
Hi all,

I'm planning to drive back to Bangalore from Trivandrum. On my way to Trivandrum 2 weeks ago, the roads were blocked in Nagercoil due to the heavy rains. Heard that portions of the road had also collapsed.

What's the condition now? Is it driveable? Has anyone travelled recently from Tvm to Bangalore?

No flooding for now, however more rain is predicted during the next 2-3 days.

In case of any issues you can take Nagercoil - Anjugramam route or even Nagercoil - Kanyakumari and then take the 4L highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 5202191)
No flooding for now, however more rain is predicted during the next 2-3 days.

In case of any issues you can take Nagercoil - Anjugramam route or even Nagercoil - Kanyakumari and then take the 4L highway.

Thanks arun_josie! Did you happen to cross this route recently? Can you please tell me how's the road condition from Marthandam to Nagercoil now?

On our way to Trivandrum, we were forced to take some village routes from Kanyakumari via Colachel and cut directly into Marthandam. And the road condition from Marthandam to Balaramapuram was pathetic, full of crater-like potholes. So not sure how things are like now in the Marthandam-Nagercoil stretch.

On a side note, are you from Trivandrum as well? I love Scarlett's stories! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnakumar (Post 5201663)
Hi all,

I had driven in the opposite direction using the Madurai - Rajapalyam - Aryankavu - Trivandrum route in the first week of November. This route was much better (in terms of traffic, road conditions and driving pleasure) than the Nagercoil route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiel (Post 5202268)
I had driven in the opposite direction using the Madurai - Rajapalyam - Aryankavu - Trivandrum route in the first week of November. This route was much better (in terms of traffic, road conditions and driving pleasure) than the Nagercoil route.

Fantastic!! Thanks for the info.

I had taken this route on my KTM last year while coming to Trivandrum and absolutely loved it. Picturesque all along! Good to hear that it's still in good condition - we might then take that route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnakumar (Post 5202201)
Thanks arun_josie! Did you happen to cross this route recently? Can you please tell me how's the road condition from Marthandam to Nagercoil now?

On our way to Trivandrum, we were forced to take some village routes from Kanyakumari via Colachel and cut directly into Marthandam. And the road condition from Marthandam to Balaramapuram was pathetic, full of crater-like potholes. So not sure how things are like now in the Marthandam-Nagercoil stretch.

One of my friend took this route 2 days back. Roads are not great but all routes are open. Since they are expecting more rains, you can opt for Thenmala/Tenkasi route.

Quote:

On a side note, are you from Trivandrum as well? I love Scarlett's stories! :)
Thank you.:)

I am from Nagercoil.

Hello All,

I’m planning to drive from Bangalore to TVM next week. Wanted to check how the road is ?

One of my friends who travelled to Madhurai in end of Nov mentioned Nagercoil - Tvm is really pathetic. Is it still the same ?

Any other alternative routes? Should I choose Palakkad , Thrissur , Ernakulam route to tvm ?

Please let me know ..

I just travelled from kanyakumari to trivandrum via Marta dam. It took more than 3 hours (without break) for a distance of 87kms. Very bad road with full of potholes, it's nightmare for hatchback and sedan vehicles. Better to avoid this stretch.

Alternate route between Nagercoil - Trivandrum:

I took the Nagercoil - Asaripallam - Thingal Nagar - Karungal - Poovar route today and it is good except for random minor potholes. Since the regular route is in a bad shape, people can try this route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amar.madhavan (Post 5221547)

One of my friends who travelled to Madhurai in end of Nov mentioned Nagercoil - Tvm is really pathetic. Is it still the same ?

I took this route(via Poovar, Kaliyakkavilai, Marthandam, Thuckalay) yesterday, it's really In a very bad shape. The bad stretch starts from Kaliyakkavilai, intermittently its good but overall it's in a bad shape, you can experience all kind of potholes. Thankfully the traffic was less and hence we were able to cover this distance in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Thanks Buddy. I had to go to Calicut from Trivandrum to pick up my parents. So i went to Bangalore from Calicut via Wayanad (Muthanga). On my return journey, i came via Kochi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 5223560)
Alternate route between Nagercoil - Trivandrum:

I took the Nagercoil - Asaripallam - Thingal Nagar - Karungal - Poovar route today and it is good except for random minor potholes. Since the regular route is in a bad shape, people can try this route.

Took this route again from Trivandrum to Nagercoil, this time google took me via this yet to be opened 4L stretch. This is a continuation from the Chackai road (TVM airport road), this is still unfinished but you get a chance to drive around 4-5Kms on this. Once you take this road(while coming from TVM), go till the end and then take a U turn in to the service road. This service road will help you to connect the Poovar - Vizhinjam route.

Almost nil traffic.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20220109-19.16.16.jpeg

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who will be travelling with his family this Monday 21st Feb 2022. He is confused between the below two routes:

1. Bangalore - Madurai - Rajapalyam - Aryankavu - Trivandrum
2. Bangalore - Madurai - Nagercoil - Trivandrum.

He want to know which one is better considering he will be starting early at 5AM from Seegehalli. He also want to know which route to follow between Nagercoil & Trivandrum if that is a preferred route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M6 (Post 5260308)
I am posting this on behalf of a friend who will be travelling with his family this Monday 21st Feb 2022. He is confused between the below two routes:

He want to know which one is better considering he will be starting early at 5AM from Seegehalli. He also want to know which route to follow between Nagercoil & Trivandrum if that is a preferred route.

If he decides to take Nagercoil route, then better to take Nagercoil - Asaripallam - Thingal Nagar - Karungal - Poovar route. Not sure if any patch work was done on the Marthandam route recently(during the last one month).

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M6 (Post 5260308)

1) Rajapalyam - Aryankavu - Trivandrum: Scenic route and will cover winding hilly roads.

2) Madurai - Nagercoil - Trivandrum: Straight highways till Kavalkinaru and from there to Trivandrum it's a maddening stretch of 2 lane highways. If you can cross that area after 8PM, traffic would have dwindled and you could reach Trivandrum bit more comfortably. But anytime between 7AM and 8PM it would just be like driving in a city just a diddling along...

Roads are patched up.