Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 22:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprasant View Post
Hi,

I am planning to travel to Srisailam the next weekend. Please let me know if anybody has travelled this route lately and what is the current road condition.

I have done this route a couple of times in the past. Except the road in the last phase, the jungle, the rest of the road is good.

So, if anybody has done this in the recent past, please let me know.

Thanks,
Prasant
No change in any condition,the last phase alongside the dam still remains the same
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:34   #32
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Srisailam : Route Queries

Any updates on road condition Hyd-Srisailam? Also if good fuel pumps available enroute?
Old 5th June 2011, 22:39   #33
BHPian

Wanted to know the exact directions to the APTDC Hotel at Srisailam.Coordinates for GPS would be ideal. Google throws up 16.073389N,78.868644E, somewhere near the Heliport. Is this correct? Guidance from the regulars expected.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
Wanted to know the exact directions to the APTDC Hotel at Srisailam.Coordinates for GPS would be ideal. Google throws up 16.073389N,78.868644E, somewhere near the Heliport. Is this correct? Guidance from the regulars expected.
Quote:
Any updates on road condition Hyd-Srisailam? Also if good fuel pumps available enroute?
Dreadnought, roads are just fine. No need to worry about the road conditions.
Just fill your tank before you start. To and fro would be around 450kms.
I don't think you would need to refuel, but., if at all needed, you would find enough pumps enroute.
The APTDC resort is very closeby to the temple,infact just as you take right after paying the toll to enter Srisailam, take first left and then right, you would find the APTDC resort.

You can refer my thread here. Visited just last month.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...srisailam.html

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 5th June 2011 at 23:24.
Fordmanchau is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 00:24   #35
BHPian

Srisailam is just around the neighbourhood . The road is good, there is hardly any traffic but watch out for morons who stop their cars in the middle of the highway attending calls on their cell phone. Do an FE drive on this road and you can still reach Srisailam in less than 5 hours. A tankful of fuel before you leave Hyderabad will be enough to get you there and back.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 19:28   #36
BHPian

Thanks Fordmanchau,Lucifer
Maintaining a fuel log since first fill up,so the FE drive would be great.
Starting tomorrow morning,ie early morning hopefully.
Any suggestions for Srisailam to Nagarjun Sagar?
..Saw two options at T-BHP, one south via Dornala-Tokapale-Macherla, the other involves backtracking till Kalwakurti and then via Deverkonda. Anybody been on these roads recently?
Old 11th June 2011, 21:07   #37
BHPian

Thanks all for the suggestions and guidance. Had a good trip despite some tyre punctures.Unmarked speed breakers before Dindi are hazards,apart from that excellent roads.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for Srisailam to Nagarjun Sagar?
..Saw two options at T-BHP, one south via Dornala-Tokapale-Macherla, the other involves backtracking till Kalwakurti and then via Deverkonda. Anybody been on these roads recently?
Hi Dreadnought,

So which route did you take from Srisailam to Nagarjuna Sagar?

What was the condition of the roads on that route?
Old 25th June 2011, 12:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hi Dreadnought,

So which route did you take from Srisailam to Nagarjuna Sagar?

What was the condition of the roads on that route?

Trip was reduced to Srisailam and back only (from Hyd)
Srisailam roads are good minus some kill-joy speed breakers after Dindi
Old 25th June 2011, 16:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Trip was reduced to Srisailam and back only (from Hyd)
Srisailam roads are good minus some kill-joy speed breakers after Dindi
Thanks a lot. Looks like my trip is also getting reduced to only Srisailam.

I am planning to start ex Shamshabad @ 7:30am.

Which place would make a good breakfast halt? What time will I reach that place?

With one breakfast halt and a couple of photo-op breaks, will I make it to Srisailam by 12:00pm?
Old 25th June 2011, 17:42   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
With one breakfast halt and a couple of photo-op breaks, will I make it to Srisailam by 12:00pm?
Srisailam door to door from my home is 225kms and is easily doable in 3.5 hours. So yes, you can reach by noon with those halts.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Thanks a lot. Looks like my trip is also getting reduced to only Srisailam.

I am planning to start ex Shamshabad @ 7:30am.
Bajaj saheb,ill be waiting for you
My suggestion will be to start a little early by 6 a.m if you are planning to return the same day.
There are no good places for photo ops and breakfast unless and until you are willing to settle for a road side stall.
It will take around 4-4:30 hrs with all the breaks.
Old 26th June 2011, 06:30   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Bajaj saheb,ill be waiting for you
My suggestion will be to start a little early by 6 a.m if you are planning to return the same day.
There are no good places for photo ops and breakfast unless and until you are willing to settle for a road side stall.
It will take around 4-4:30 hrs with all the breaks.
Aah, Fordmanchau. Hope you are not waiting at Shamshabad today? I am not starting today but after a couple of days, most probably, Wednesday.

Thanks for the suggestion but since I am returning only the next day, I will try to wake up like any normal day at 6:00 and leave without any hurry.

So, it is decided. I will carry my breakfast from home.

I have a choice for stay : (1) Forest Guest House ; (2) Haritha (APTDC) Hotel ; Any guidance on which is better?
Old 26th June 2011, 07:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hyd Traveller and all,

The best place to eat between HYD-SRISAILAM is at Kalwakurty, be it break fast, lunch or dinner. He is better at non-veg dishes.

The name is, ROYAL FAMILY DHABA, owned by ASIF.

It is nearly halfway to Srisailam, after you take the left before Kalwakurty town..the newly built, huge Hanuman statue, this place is known as VELA DANDA, Just as you cross the statue keep you eye on the left to see a blue board with the name ROYAL FAMILY DHABA.

Asif's family cooks there, you are in great luck if his mother is there on the day of your passing.

Misplaced his phone number. My usual practice...when starting from Hyd, give him an advance notice of 2+ hrs. to make what I want, mostly chicken curries, wet or dry. Sometimes mutton (as it needs more advanced notice).

On the way back from Srisailam too call him and let him know what time you will be there and you have fresh food waiting for you. WOW!

If you want to try, give him my reference (Fazal) and take his number and post it here for all foodies, especially Avinash (mobike008) and the rest of Hyd BHP'ians.

What a day today to head to Srisailam!

Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 10:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Hyd Traveller and all,

The best place to eat between HYD-SRISAILAM is at Kalwakurty, be it break fast, lunch or dinner. He is better at non-veg dishes.

The name is, ROYAL FAMILY DHABA, owned by ASIF.

It is nearly halfway to Srisailam, after you take the left before Kalwakurty town..the newly built, huge Hanuman statue, this place is known as VELA DANDA, Just as you cross the statue keep you eye on the left to see a blue board with the name ROYAL FAMILY DHABA.

Asif's family cooks there, you are in great luck if his mother is there on the day of your passing.

Misplaced his phone number. My usual practice...when starting from Hyd, give him an advance notice of 2+ hrs. to make what I want, mostly chicken curries, wet or dry. Sometimes mutton (as it needs more advanced notice).

On the way back from Srisailam too call him and let him know what time you will be there and you have fresh food waiting for you. WOW!

If you want to try, give him my reference (Fazal) and take his number and post it here for all foodies, especially Avinash (mobike008) and the rest of Hyd BHP'ians.

What a day today to head to Srisailam!

Regards,
Now this is some real meaty solid information for all future travellers to Srisailam.

Since I plan to start at 7:30am from Shamshabad, I will carry my B'F from home unless I get a lead on some Idli-Vada outlet.

If I start back from Srisailam around 12:00 noon, Royal Family Dhaba make solid sense for a food break.

Will certainly make it a point to post the phone numbers of Asif anyway.

Yes, what a day today weather-wise but I can only start on Wednesday.

On behalf of all Team-BHPians, a big round of applause and a huge thanks for your superb update and guidance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks