Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 11:43   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to vizag,

Update on my drive times:

Onward:
Started from Gopanapalli (near Aparna Sarovar) at 12:45pm on Fri. Narsingi Jn at 1:05pm, Vij KFC on MG Road at 5:30pm with a 20 min break at Dhaba7. Restarted from KFC at 6:10pm and parked at Sagar Nagar, Vizag at 12:50pm.

Passing Vij was not a problem surprisingly on Fri evening. Hence could maintain good driving averages.

Return:
Started yesteday(Mon) at Sagar Nagar at 7:15am and reached back Gopanapalli at 10:30pm. Took multiple breaks for Bfast at NAD Junction Vijag, Hotel Illapuram, VJA, Dhaba 7 etc. Also stopped for 1 hr to get the balancing and alignment checked at Rajamundry as the Scorpio started wobbling at 100 speed. So lost driving speed between Vizag and Rajamundry and then took some 10 breaks including coconut water breaks, restroom breaks etc.

The road surface is excellent. It was a pleasure to drive all the way. The opposite traffic and buffaloes are scary and cuts the driving speeds.

I found the opposite traffic a lot more in VJA-Hyd route than from Hyd to VJA.

I found Hotel Prabha at NAD Jn Vizag very useful for bfast if you want to start from Vizag in the morning. It is right on the junction to your right, you can park the car on left and cross the signal to save the U turn times.

Also, there is a Indian Oil Petrol bunk exactly at 12 kms after the NAD Junction. (Google Search is: Ravi Rays Indian Oil). They accept all cards and also clean the Wind Screen which I find a big advantage in highways. BTW, is there a thread on Petrol/Diesel stations which offer free Wind Screen cleaning? This is such a great advantage in Highways....
Old 24th September 2012, 14:41   #92
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking to drive down to Vizag this weekend. What kind of travel times I should be looking at. I'm an average driver and don't drive over 100 kmph may be 120 on very good roads.
Old 24th September 2012, 15:00   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm looking to drive down to Vizag this weekend. What kind of travel times I should be looking at. I'm an average driver and don't drive over 100 kmph may be 120 on very good roads.
Ani Bhai,

Provide for about 11 to 12 hrs of travel time from Hyderabad to Vizag.

Hyderabad- Vijayawada should be done in about 5 hrs with a 30 mins break in between. Road is very good however some diversions would be there due road/bridge construction activity. Time taken to cross Vijayawada would depend on traffic congestion near Durga temple. Keep another 30 to 45 mins to cross Vijayawada.

Vijayawada to Vizag Airport is another 400 Kms. Should take another 6 hrs with a couple of breaks. Roads are good throughout. Did this sector in July'12.

I had stayed at Fortune Srikanya.

Last edited by zen91 : 24th September 2012 at 15:09.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 15:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Ani Bhai,

Provide for about 11 to 12 hrs of travel time from Hyderabad to Vizag.
Thanks Brajesh Bhai for the info.

Looking to start at 4AM and want to roll in before sun down.

BTW where did you stay in Vizag?
Old 24th September 2012, 17:17   #95
BHPian

Check out this for your stay at Vizag (never been there so no idea) : http://www.crazeal.com/deals/hyderab...-Resort/145095

TripAdvisor rates it as 15th best out of 45.

Edit : Brajesh Bhai, long time no see, no meet?

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 24th September 2012 at 17:19.
Old 24th September 2012, 17:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
HYD-VJA 4 laning is now complete except for some work on a bridge at Suryapet.Toll collection is slated to begin from next month.This can easily be done in 4-5 hours now.From there another 7hrs.

If you are ok,with staying in the Old Gajuwaka area,then this is a very good option in the range of 2500-3k for doubles http://bwramachandra.co.in/

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=bes...adesh&t=m&z=14
Old 24th September 2012, 18:09   #97
BHPian

Edit : Brajesh Bhai, long time no see, no meet?[/quote]

Bajaj Saab,

Looking forward to meet up with the team in the up coming meets.
Old 29th November 2012, 18:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Vizag : Route Queries

Guys
I am planning to drive down to Vizag on Dec 21st and return after a couple of days. We need to attend a wedding there on 21st night.

Has anyone travelled of late? And is it better to do this bit at night, as we have 2 drivers and 2 backup drivers travelling?
Old 29th November 2012, 18:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys
I am planning to drive down to Vizag on Dec 21st and return after a couple of days. We need to attend a wedding there on 21st night.

Has anyone travelled of late? And is it better to do this bit at night, as we have 2 drivers and 2 backup drivers travelling?
Take the NH9-NH5 combo.HYD-VJA is fully 4 laned now except for a flyover enroute,other than that its a beauty.You should be able to do the distance in 3.5-4 hrs.From there on another 6-7hrs.No problems with night drives as long as you are comfortable with it-eyes adjusting to glare,driving after a full day's work or staying awake etc are some of the factors that come into play in a night drive.I am total sucker for day drives so I am not a fan of night drives-just a personal preference nothing more.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 19:19   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
is it better to do this bit at night, as we have 2 drivers and 2 backup drivers travelling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Take the NH9-NH5 combo.

No problems with night drives as long as you are comfortable with it-eyes adjusting to glare,driving after a full day's work or staying awake etc are some of the factors that come into play in a night drive.
If all you four are OK with night driving and travelling and with conditions specified by RanjitP1, it makes sense for you to start around 9pm on 20th after dinner from home as then you will be able to cross Vijayawada around 1am/2am and be in Vizag before 8am next morning thus escaping traffic everywhere and get enough rest to attend the festivities on 21st night.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 16:56   #101
BHPian

Recently did Hyderabad- Vijayawada on 13/14th Dec. The Jaggaiahpet flyover is still incomplete. The drive on this section is pure bliss now. Street lights have been installed and are working on all flyovers and towns through which this road passes.

Toll gates are in their trial run phase and toll collection would start shortly. Toll charges would be in the range of 55/60/- per toll gate.
Old 27th July 2013, 14:16   #102
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to do Hyd-Kolkata within the next 2 weeks. Planning to take the Hyd - Vij - Viz - BBSR - Kol route with a stopover of one full day at Vizag.

We want to maximize the time spent at Vizag, hence am planning to start from Hyd during the night (around 9 pm) and reach Vizag around 9 - 10 AM? Is that a fair estimate? Also any update on the road conditions?

If that estimate is correct, then I plan to restart from Vizag the next day by 12 pm and reach Kolkata that night around midnight. Sounds reasonable? Am going to drive a Chevy Spark and have fair amount of long distance driving experience.

Cheers!
Old 27th July 2013, 14:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

My colleague drove to Vizag from Hyd last month via Vijayawada in his Cruze. He took the ORR from Gachibowli because he lives at Kondapur.

The total journey time was 9.5 hours for 702 kms, including 45 minutes to cross Vijaywada and 45 minutes for lunch at Ravulapalem. It was a 9 am to 630 pm journey.

Last edited by vnabhi : 27th July 2013 at 14:48.
Old 27th July 2013, 22:35   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Hi,

I am planning to do Hyd-Kolkata within the next 2 weeks. Planning to take the Hyd - Vij - Viz - BBSR - Kol route with a stopover of one full day at Vizag.

We want to maximize the time spent at Vizag, hence am planning to start from Hyd during the night (around 9 pm) and reach Vizag around 9 - 10 AM? Is that a fair estimate? Also any update on the road conditions?

If that estimate is correct, then I plan to restart from Vizag the next day by 12 pm and reach Kolkata that night around midnight. Sounds reasonable? Am going to drive a Chevy Spark and have fair amount of long distance driving experience.

Cheers!

Hyderabad-Vizag is fine, roads are fantastic throughout, and being night, you should also pass through Vijaywada without any hold-ups.

Vizag-Calcutta should be a tougher drive but reaching in <15 hours is not difficult even with a few breaks.
Old 28th July 2013, 02:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post

Did the same last month. Started from here at 20:00, had an hour long dinner break @ 7 Refresh and then after a very comfortable and sedate overnight drive, we were there near the Vizag airport by 8:30 or so. But then crossing the city and reaching the Haritha Rishikonda took us more than an hour.
Road condition is fantastic all through out and night drive was really comfortable.
Keep in mind that 7 Refresh is closing down totally at 23:30 these days, though earlier they used to run a overnight counter with limited option.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks