Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 15:01   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Well amigo, it doesn't matter if it's inside a suitcase or in a handbag. Everything will be Xrayed anyways. *Shrug*

You might have to pay duty if the officer deems it fit.
Old 15th September 2007, 16:55   #167
Senior - BHPian

amigo, you can safely omit the duty in case you carry all this in a handbag as they are rarely put to any scrutiny. Be sure that you dont keep anything dutiable in checked in baggage though!
Old 15th September 2007, 17:10   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
amigo, you can safely omit the duty in case you carry all this in a handbag as they are rarely put to any scrutiny. Be sure that you dont keep anything dutiable in checked in baggage though!

ALL baggage is subject to x-ray scrutiny.
Old 15th September 2007, 17:23   #169
BHPian

willa cam be allowed in the hand baggage?
mumbai duty guys bribeable? the checked in suff is scrutinized more than the hand baggage?

what basis will the duty be calculated by the oficer if there is no price tag? can it be bought in as used stuff? or custom made on my on?

Last edited by paras211 : 15th September 2007 at 17:25.
Old 15th September 2007, 17:44   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
willa cam be allowed in the hand baggage?
mumbai duty guys bribeable? the checked in suff is scrutinized more than the hand baggage?

what basis will the duty be calculated by the oficer if there is no price tag? can it be bought in as used stuff? or custom made on my on?
1: Please note we really do not encourage discussion on how to conduct illegal transactions on this forum

2: It all depends on your luck but as a rule - big looking items attract big attention.
Old 15th September 2007, 18:10   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Terminal 1B:

Go up to the first floor and turn left. You will be hugely surprised to see 2 massive 5 star "Clipper" lounges. The one straight ahead is for Jet Airways Biz Class passengers.
The one to the left of it is for any MasterCard Holder, Gold, Platinum and Titanium.
A bar overlooks the runway and you can have a few snacks and coffee while you watch the planes take off.
There is no charge for the snacks or coffee, obviously the beer you must pay for.

Old 15th September 2007, 19:45   #172
Senior - BHPian

Sam - Is this Mumbai or Delhi?
Old 15th September 2007, 19:51   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Sam - Is this Mumbai or Delhi?
oye TW - Its Mumbai mate.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:35   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

My First JetLite flight

As soon as I touched the check in counter, I was told the flight was delayed by almost an hour. Not a good sign.

I waited in the clipper lounge with my diet coke and free Airtel Wi-Fi. The flight was to take off at 7.20 - I already had my boarding pass.

At about 6.55 I'd already started to move out when someone called my mobile. Calling from the Airport Sir, your jetlite flight is boarding, where are you?
This is weird. I'm on my way miss. I step out of the lounge and there's a lady in a sari, looking angrily at about ten of us. Hurry or you won't be in the flight, she says rather rudely.

But my boarding card says 7.20! Well hurry. Why was there no announcement??
Because you are in the Jet Airways lounge. But tdoesn't Jet Lite have any connection to Jet. No.

The other passengers look at me and the crew. I rush through sec check and board the bus. The bus has JetLite colours. He drives off with about 20 people inside and (hold on to your hats, people) takes us straight to a Jet Airways flight where everyone gets off.

Upon reaching the flight, the people there hurriedly rush everyone back to the bus, yelling at the driver, JetLITE jetLITE.
This is ridiculous. He then takes us to an AIr Sahara Aircraft.

The plane is old and worn with silly blue leather seats. The head napkins are gone, but the velcro remains. My hair is getting stuck in the velcro.

It's a decent flight. A full hot meal (Chicken, dal rice etc) is served. Good VFM.

For the price, I'd say it was pretty good.
Old 19th September 2007, 12:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:

you sure i can get a metal rod(camshaft) in the plane in hand baggage?
Old 19th September 2007, 16:37   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
ALL baggage is subject to x-ray scrutiny.
Dear Sir,

This is to put forth politely that you are wrong here, particularly when it comes to customs.

While I agree that all baggage is subject to X-ray scrutiny, let me be clear that its only at the point of exit, where the items are NOT dutiable. When you land at the destination, NO baggage is put to any scrutiny.

Only if the customs guy suspects anything while passing through green channel, only then he puts it to XRay.

I request you to go through my reply again and make yourself clear on this (where I've quoted that there should be NO dutiable item inside the checked in baggage), hence nullifying the very root of Xraying.

Sir, neither I'm here to teach anything to anyone nor I'm making any kind of comments on your reaction. Please dont get offended.

Warm Regards,

Panky12345

Last edited by panky12345 : 19th September 2007 at 16:40.
Old 19th September 2007, 16:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
you sure i can get a metal rod(camshaft) in the plane in hand baggage?
nope you would not be allowed this in hand baggage, you may put it safely in the checked in baggage, no worries.
Old 19th September 2007, 22:18   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Dear Sir,

This is to put forth politely that you are wrong here, particularly when it comes to customs.

While I agree that all baggage is subject to X-ray scrutiny, let me be clear that its only at the point of exit, where the items are NOT dutiable. When you land at the destination, NO baggage is put to any scrutiny.

Only if the customs guy suspects anything while passing through green channel, only then he puts it to XRay.

I request you to go through my reply again and make yourself clear on this (where I've quoted that there should be NO dutiable item inside the checked in baggage), hence nullifying the very root of Xraying.

Sir, neither I'm here to teach anything to anyone nor I'm making any kind of comments on your reaction. Please dont get offended.

Warm Regards,

Panky12345
Dear Sir,

I was NOT referring to the 'security' x-raying but the custms x-ray at the port of entry. In Bangalore at least EVERYTHING is x-rayed including ladies hand bags.
Old 20th September 2007, 10:45   #179
BHPian

@panky12345,

I guess this if different for different cities. If you disembark at the Mumbai airport, every piece of luggage goes through the X-ray - all hand baggage and checked in baggage. This is irrespective of whether you go through the green or red channel.

The only thing they sometimes do not scan are the duty free bags.

Regards,
Cypher
Old 20th September 2007, 12:51   #180
Senior - BHPian

Oh Strange!! I've travelled more than 20 times through IGI, Delhi and never it happened with me. (passing through green channel)....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks