Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 11:43   #2326
Senior - BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Drove from Bangalore to Trivandrum on April 22nd. Details in the below mentioned post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2340586

Drove from Vaikom to Bangalore on May 1st. Details in the below mentioned post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/newrep...treply&t=17333

Drove from Trivandrum to Vaikom Via MC road on April 23rd.
Road conditions

Trivandrum - Chengannur - Excellent
Chengannur- Ettumanoor - OK. Slow moving traffic.
Etummanoor -Vaikom - Excellent
Old 6th May 2011, 14:52   #2327
BHPian

Guess the second link is broken
cooljai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 15:45   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Guess the second link is broken
Thanks for pointing out. Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-route-11.html
Old 11th May 2011, 22:41   #2329
BHPian

Hi guys, I am presently in Kovalam (drove from Mumbai) and have to drive down to Kumarakom tomorrow morning. Any ideas / suggestions on what is the best route to take?? Cheers.
Old 11th May 2011, 23:54   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Take the NH47 via Kollam-Alleppey.Its the easiest
Old 12th May 2011, 08:49   #2331
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit.
Is it ok to go via the MC road as i read somewhere. I have a GPS with me so guess finding the way shouldnt be a problem.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:19   #2332
Senior - BHPian

MC Road is good as well,not sure of latest conditions though,but MC Road is very congested with dense traffic and the terrain is a bit undulating with ups and downs
Old 12th May 2011, 10:19   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Did a drive to Kottayam and back this week. Went through Dindigul > Theni > Kumili route and it is almost completely smooth now. Excellent surface from Dindigul till about Kerala border. A bit of rough road around Kumili but they are being repaired now. The whole ride should be smooth pretty soon. KK road from Pambanar onwards is in excellent condition, even though with high traffic density. Came back through NH47 NH 7 route. Pretty decent shape with some diversions between L&T bye-pass and start of toll road. NH 47 between Ernakulam and Mannuthy is in pretty decent shape now except for a couple of unfinished over bridges/fly overs.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 10:23   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Did a drive to Kottayam and back this week. Went through Dindigul > Theni > Kumili route and it is almost completely smooth now. Excellent surface from Dindigul till about Kerala border. A bit of rough road around Kumili but they are being repaired now. The whole ride should be smooth pretty soon. KK road from Pambanar onwards is in excellent condition, even though with high traffic density. Came back through NH47 NH 7 route. Pretty decent shape with some diversions between L&T bye-pass and start of toll road. NH 47 between Ernakulam and Mannuthy is in pretty decent shape now except for a couple of unfinished over bridges/fly overs.
Vasoo,
Can you please give the time taken as well?
Old 12th May 2011, 10:36   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Vasoo,
Can you please give the time taken as well?
Took 11 hrs including about 90 mins of breaks during the onward journey. Total distance was 602 kms till Kottayam with no deviations. Started from Ernakulam on the way back and took about 8 hrs including a 30 min break. Distance was about 510 kms. Start time was 5AM in both case.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 16:10   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyb View Post
Thanks Ranjit.
Is it ok to go via the MC road as i read somewhere. I have a GPS with me so guess finding the way shouldnt be a problem.
MC road would be shorter and faster. Route.

Trivandrum
Kottarakkara
Adoor (Take new Bypass)
chengannoor
Tiruvalla
Changanassery (You can take the bypass to avoid Changanassery)
Kottayam
Kumarakom

Route is pretty straigtforward and more scenic than NH47 which is congested all the way.

Trivandrum to Chengannur is a breeze. After that you will encounter slow moving traffic.
Old 12th May 2011, 19:25   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
MC road would be shorter and faster. Route.

Trivandrum
Kottarakkara
Adoor (Take new Bypass)
chengannoor
Tiruvalla
Changanassery (You can take the bypass to avoid Changanassery)
Kottayam
Kumarakom

Route is pretty straigtforward and more scenic than NH47 which is congested all the way.

Trivandrum to Chengannur is a breeze. After that you will encounter slow moving traffic.
@pramodpk.
Thanks a lot.
Took NH47 as Ranjit suggested and wasnt too bad. Not much traffic today.Seemed to be a good day for driving.
At The Zuri for 3 days and then off to Munnar.
Thanks again guys.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:29   #2338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyb View Post
@pramodpk.
Thanks a lot.
Took NH47 as Ranjit suggested and wasnt too bad. Not much traffic today.Seemed to be a good day for driving.
At The Zuri for 3 days and then off to Munnar.
Thanks again guys.
Enjoy your stay,are you coming back via NH17?Do post your reviews of the Zuri and pictures of the place as well.
Old 14th May 2011, 06:18   #2339
BHPian

Just came back from Thrissur and Guruvayoor. Took two different routes for upward and downward journey

Upward:
Thanks to RajeshK for suggesting and giving confidence. I took NH 209, Kanakapura road to Coimbatore. The route is Bangalore (Gottigere) -- NICE Road -- Kanakapura --Kollegal -- Chamarajnagar--Sathyamangalam--Coimbatore -- Palghat -- Thrissur. This route is an excellent single lane road with very good surface. Not much traffic and no traffic at all at many places. Good scenery and I really enjoyed driving on this road. The other main attraction is its completely TOLL FREE. Total distance to Thrissur is around 410KM

I had gone mainly for few temple visits and after completing few temples in Thrissur, we went to Guruvayoor. From Guruvayoor to Bangalore I took the following route

Downward:
Guruvayoor -- Kuttipuram -- Kadambuzha (we had a plan to visit famous Kadambuzha temple) -- Malappuram -- Manjeri -- Nilambur -- Gudallur -- Gundalpet -- Chamarajnagar -- Kollegal -- Kanakapura -- Bangalore.

This is again toll free road and by taking a deviation from Gundalpet, I could avoid Mysore road.

Regards,
Sarin
Old 14th May 2011, 11:12   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Just came back from Thrissur and Guruvayoor. Took two different routes for upward and downward journey

Upward:
Thanks to RajeshK for suggesting and giving confidence. I took NH 209, Kanakapura road to Coimbatore. The route is Bangalore (Gottigere) -- NICE Road -- Kanakapura --Kollegal -- Chamarajnagar--Sathyamangalam--Coimbatore -- Palghat -- Thrissur. This route is an excellent single lane road with very good surface. Not much traffic and no traffic at all at many places. Good scenery and I really enjoyed driving on this road. The other main attraction is its completely TOLL FREE. Total distance to Thrissur is around 410KM
Regards,
Sarin
Drove down from kochi yesterday. Took the thrissur->vadakkanchery->polachi->palladam->kangayam->perundurai->salem route
Road is excellent from vadakkanchery to polachi now. newly laid surface.
Pollachi to perundurai is also in good condition except 1-2 kms where some work is going on. Started from Vytilla at 4.15PM and reached ITPL by 2AM.Distance is around 560Kms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks