Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 11:24   #721
Team-BHP Support

@Sanjaykk : When my mom was unwell, i had to drive down to Kerala on my KA registered car. Unfortunately for me, this was the time there was a TN-KA issue over Hogenakkal. A fairly large stone landed on my car's windshield somwhere around Dharmapuri and cracked it. Need i say anything more? Its better safe than sorry.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:27   #722
Senior - BHPian

You may also check rates with Mr. Sumodh or Nimisha (09895111331) for house boat/hotel rates. Some of my outstation friends took their service and gave me a very positive feedback.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:44   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Thanks buddy. I've decided to leave one day early. Hopefully they wont pre-pone their antics!!
18hrs!!! that must have been hell!
Yeah it was hell. And there was nothing anyone could do about it. I love my country
Old 6th August 2009, 11:45   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Sanjaykk : When my mom was unwell, i had to drive down to Kerala on my KA registered car. Unfortunately for me, this was the time there was a TN-KA issue over Hogenakkal. A fairly large stone landed on my car's windshield somwhere around Dharmapuri and cracked it. Need i say anything more? Its better safe than sorry.
Very True. Planning to travel one day early - 8th Aug. Is it still risky?
I'm thinking I will take a decision tomorrow. If there are no risky developments till tomorrow evening, I will take the Salem route. Otherwise it will be Mysore > Nilambur route.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:55   #725
BHPian

Watch the news in Tamil on the 7th. Look for cues from political parties. My vote goes to mysore route
Old 6th August 2009, 16:50   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking I will take a decision tomorrow. If there are no risky developments till tomorrow evening, I will take the Salem route. Otherwise it will be Mysore > Nilambur route.
Even if Nilambur rote is taken, you need to pass through Tamilnadu (muthumalai), but don't think any protesters will line up in the forests. If you don't want to touch Tamilnadu, need to take Gundelpet - Sulthanbathery route.

Last edited by gadadhar : 6th August 2009 at 16:52.
Old 6th August 2009, 21:46   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Even if Nilambur rote is taken, you need to pass through Tamilnadu (muthumalai), but don't think any protesters will line up in the forests. .
Hopefully!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
If you don't want to touch Tamilnadu, need to take Gundelpet - Sulthanbathery route
and?? what is the route after Sulthan Bathery pls?
Old 7th August 2009, 09:40   #728
Senior - BHPian

After Sulthan Bathery, Kozhikode (Calicut)-Trichur
Old 7th August 2009, 15:22   #729
Senior - BHPian

Saturday there seems to be some sort of agitation or highway blockade from the Kerala side on Saturday against the ban by the Karnataka high Court.

ref todays Deccan Herald newspaper for details

Highway blockade planned against High Court order

Its best to avoid this route on saturday.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:38   #730
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to Kochi now and would be taking Hosur-Mettur-CBE-Palakkad route as this is the fastest and safest route.
Old 9th August 2009, 21:01   #731
BHPian

Omallur toll is operational as of now. If I remember right, it is Rs48/-.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:24   #732
BHPian

Quote:
I finally did the trip on 8th Aug.

I took the Hosur > Mettur > Avinashi > CBE route. Took me 12hrs in my M800 . It maybe my driving; was driving with my 6months old son, so had to be slow with lots of breaks in between.

Roads are too good; expecially the L&T roads after Avinashi till upto Palakkad (except that the route is a bit 'dry' with nothing to see in between; only endless tarmac!!). Towards Thrissur there are huge potholes and the driving gets tiring!

Planning to take the Nilambur > Gudalur > Mysore route on return tommorrow.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:41   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Guys,

Why dont you try the following route...?

Bangalore - Mysore -Gundalpet - Bandipur- Gudallur-Nilambur-Perinthalmanna-Pattambi-Trichur -Cochin

Bangalore - Perinthalmanna is 340 Kmts add up another 150 (Max) to Cochin.

Two months back this road was really good except the Bandipur -Gudallur (<30 Kmts)
and Wandoor Perinthanlmanna (30 Kmts).

This route is also known for itz scenic beauty.

You will never forget the journey thru the bandipur forest !! you could see lot of wild animals, from gudallur there are lotz of T-estates tooo...!!!

This will be the best. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE NILAMBUR--> KAALIKAVU--> PERINTHALMANNA--> PATTAMBI--> SHORNUR--> TCR ROUTE
Old 12th August 2009, 21:29   #734
BHPian

Quote:
I finally did the trip on 8th Aug.

I took the Hosur > Mettur > Avinashi > CBE route. Took me 12hrs in my M800 . It maybe my driving; was driving with my 6months old son, so had to be slow with lots of breaks in between.

Roads are too good; expecially the L&T roads after Avinashi till upto Palakkad (except that the route is a bit 'dry' with nothing to see in between; only endless tarmac!!). Towards Thrissur there are huge potholes and the driving gets tiring!

Planning to take the Nilambur > Gudalur > Mysore route on return tommorrow.
As mentioned I came back via the Guruvayoor > Kunnankulam > Pattambi > Perinthalmanna > Gudalur > Nilambur > Gundlupet > Mysore route. I felt this is a MUCH better route, except for the stretch between Pattambi > Perinthalmanna (even this stretch is doable, albiet at lower speeds.)

The total distance clocked is 437 kms (Salem > CBE > Palakkad route was 504 kms!!!). Dont ask me about the time taken .
Distances are in brackets: Guruvayoor < 43 > Pattambi < 25 > Perinthalmanna < 43 > Nilambur < 48 > Gudalur > Gundlupet > Mysore > Bangalore.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 12th August 2009 at 21:34.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:35   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
After Sulthan Bathery, Kozhikode (Calicut)-Trichur
I have been to this route on 2nd Aug 09. Few KMs b/w S.Bathery and Thamarasheri is not good. Except that the road is in very good shape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks