Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 13:14   #9871
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Good news: Vehicular movement along TN-Karnataka resumes

Vehicular movement along the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border at Jujuvadi in Hosur, which was stopped due to violence in Karnataka over the Cauvery water issue, resumed after 29 days on Wednesday.

Lorries, cars and other vehicles bearing Karnataka registration numbers entered Jujuvadi on the Tamil Nadu side, while vehicles with Tamil Nadu registration numbers entered Attibele on the Karnataka side from Wednesday morning.

LINK

iVento is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 13:22   #9872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Thank you for that information brother.
Is there any timing from which the usual Adivaram -Kozhikode bypass- ramanatukara road gets crowded? Is there any benefit in passing Kunnamangalam before 8.30 in the morning while coming from Bangalore/Mysore?? Will I get minimal traffic at that time??
As Sandsun said, before 8am traffic will be ok. But assuming you are starting from Bangalore, it will not be possible to hit Kunnamangalam before 8 as the forest checkpost opens only at 6. (Unless you are stopping the previous day in Wayanad and then resuming int he morning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Hi guys
I am planning to go to Munnar tomorrow from Bangalore and considering 3 routes to Angamaly as follows
1. Blr->Mysore->Nanjangudu->Thamarassery->Manjeri->Perinthalmanna-> Trichur-Angamaly-> (517 kms)

2. Blr->Mysore->Nanjangudu->Thamarassery->Valanchery->Kuttipuram-> Trichur-Angamaly (524 kms) OR

3. Blr->Mysore->Nanjangudu->Bandipur->Gudalur->Nadugani-> Nilambur->Trichur-Angamaly (464 kms)
Would recommend option 2 from the above. Road conditions are good throughout but expect heavy traffic from Kalpetta onwards.

With the border now open and things being normal, may make sense to take the regular Salem-Coimbatore route itself.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:25   #9873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Good news: Vehicular movement along TN-Karnataka resumes.....
I really hope and pray the situation will be peaceful as my visit to the aged family members around Cochin during school holidays is still hung in the air (7th to 11th) !!
Old 5th October 2016, 14:34   #9874
BHPian

Quote:
Good news: Vehicular movement along TN-Karnataka resumes

Vehicular movement along the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border at Jujuvadi in Hosur, which was stopped due to violence in Karnataka over the Cauvery water issue, resumed after 29 days on Wednesday.

Lorries, cars and other vehicles bearing Karnataka registration numbers entered Jujuvadi on the Tamil Nadu side, while vehicles with Tamil Nadu registration numbers entered Attibele on the Karnataka side from Wednesday morning.

LINK

Thats great.The well awaited news!!!
Old 6th October 2016, 07:27   #9875
BHPian

After 23 days, vehicles cross Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border

Vehicular movement between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, which was halted for the past 23 days was restored on Wednesday. The TN registered vehicles, including trucks, cars and vans, entered Karnataka via Hosur in Krishnagiri district.

"The situation has returned to normal in Karnataka. Hence the decision to resume Vehicular movement between the two states," said Salem range DIG Nagarajan.

LINK
iVento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 12:21   #9876
Senior - BHPian

Looks and sounds good, anyone starting from Bangalore around 6am this Saturday ? As of now, I am planning to take Bangalore-Salem-Coimbatore-Palaghat route ! It would have been really helpful if someone travelled this stretch in the last 48 hours reported back here .
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 19:59   #9877
BHPian

Quote:

Vehicular movement between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, which was halted for the past 23 days was restored on Wednesday. The TN registered vehicles, including trucks, cars and vans, entered Karnataka via Hosur in Krishnagiri district.

"The situation has returned to normal in Karnataka. Hence the decision to resume Vehicular movement between the two states," said Salem range DIG Nagarajan.

LINK
iVento, Times of India report today states the movement is still restricted (link below). So still there is some confusion on the actual condition at the border. With the release of water things should have settled down and mostly should be ok to cross border during early morning, but need to be cautious considering other developments as well. Anyway I am yet to decide what route to take for my upcoming BLR-TVM trip planned for October 8th.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/54710669.cms
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 20:28   #9878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

LINK
Folks, Noticed TNSTC and SETC buses plying between Bangalore and their respective destinations in TN this afternoon and evening as well. May be the frequency of the buses was a shade less compared to the normal situation. In the days to come bus frequency should come back to normalcy
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 20:53   #9879
Senior - BHPian

I never checked this thread so much ever in my life

Feeling sad about where our country is heading ! Forget the random holiday travellers, they have atleast the option of flights or route via Mysore-Bathery. Emergency travellers are the ones who get hit badly for no fault of theirs where the only route is Hosur-Salem-Coimbatore !

Do we have any report on private vehicles with KA plate plying through TN highways ? Most of the news or clippings are on trucks and such commercial vehicles getting stopped or diverted at the border.
Old 6th October 2016, 21:39   #9880
BHPian

Today morning a family friend travelled from Bangalore to Kerala through Salem. No issues on route.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 00:17   #9881
NAK

Folks. I need some help. I am planning to visit Ooty on 13th Oct from Bangalore. Any advice on whether I can take my KA registered vehicle without getting stuck at the TN border?
Old 7th October 2016, 07:12   #9882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAK View Post
Folks. I need some help. I am planning to visit Ooty on 13th Oct from Bangalore. Any advice on whether I can take my KA registered vehicle without getting stuck at the TN border?
With the border opened for all kind of vehicles, there shouldn't be anymore issues unless there is a new development on the cauvery issue front.
Old 7th October 2016, 07:24   #9883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Looks and sounds good, anyone starting from Bangalore around 6am this Saturday ? As of now, I am planning to take Bangalore-Salem-Coimbatore-Palaghat route ! It would have been really helpful if someone travelled this stretch in the last 48 hours reported back here .
I am also driving down to Palakkad on Saturday early morning. Not yet decided if I have to take the Salem route or via Nilambur.
Old 7th October 2016, 07:31   #9884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
I am also driving down to Palakkad on Saturday early morning. Not yet decided if I have to take the Salem route or via Nilambur.
As of now, I am OK with the Salem route with all the reports coming in. We plan to start at 6am tomorrow from Hebbal. Let's watch for any developments today as well.
Old 7th October 2016, 07:37   #9885
BHPian

Absolutely no issues. I traveled from Bangalore to Karur yesterday afternoon. Lot of KA cars on road in TN now..
sbala is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks