Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 20:28   #301
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
We're planning to go to Sringeri next Monday for my daughter's and nephew's Aksharabhyasa. Please provide your inputs on route, road conditions and stay:

Bangalore e-city - Hassan - Belur - Chikkamagaluru - Aldur - Balehonnur - Jayapura - Sringeri.
Hope this helps:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4596284 (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 12:43   #302
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

For an upcoming Bangalore-Kollur-Sringeri-Bangalore trip, I'm looking for recommended/trusted petrol bunks near Shimoga (during onward journey) & Sringeri (during return journey and Hassan will probably be too far). Appreciate any help/pointers.
Old 17th October 2019, 14:30   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm looking for recommended/trusted petrol bunks near Shimoga (during onward journey) & Sringeri .
Tarikere - https://goo.gl/maps/yh7tDjBfRYaKaJqJ6
Sringeri - https://goo.gl/maps/RRzCkkBoRgPxvEvf7
Chikmagaluru - https://goo.gl/maps/hkfeyDyQcsCvtPoH6
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 15:02   #304
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Thanks @procrj
Most likely I will bypass Chikmagaluru and take the route via Gendehalli for Aldur-Belur, so any good bunks inside Hassan ?

Something near Hotel Raama would be good in case we stop there for lunch (this is just an additional fuel stop in case required).

Last edited by NPV : 17th October 2019 at 15:04.
Old 17th October 2019, 17:15   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Something near Hotel Raama would be good in case we stop there for lunch (this is just an additional fuel stop in case required).
There is a Reliance on the bypass. You can refill here. This way you need not enter into Hassan and Raama would still be accessible for lunch as I had PM'd.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 17:29   #306
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There is a Reliance on the bypass.
This way you need not enter into Hassan and Raama would still be accessible for lunch as I had PM'd.
Super, thanks for this one too @parag

I can now stop at Raama for lunch, head back on Bangalore-Mangalore road via Thanniruhalla, join the NH 75 and turn left onto the bypass for Bangalore. En route I can stop at Reliance if needed
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 17:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks @procrj
The bunk indicated in the above link is best avoided. There have been a couple of cases of under filling and cheating reported by locals.

PS: I know this from word of mouth messages as well as through the experience of a friend. Hence, no source quoted.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 18:31   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The bunk indicated in the above link is best avoided.
Incidentally I always fill here. Both cars of my uncle also gets refilled here (Petrols). Earlier based on my needs I used to refill at the BPCL, Hanumanthappa Circle.

The last time I refilled diesel from here was during the August 15th week while returning to Bangalore after a brief stay. I tanked up fully and by the time I was in Nelamangala, the needle was just around the Quarter tank mark (~ 220 Kms) and the drive experience itself was wonderful.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 09:27   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore-Mangalore road via Thanniruhalla
Thannirhalla road was in a very bad shape early Sep when I took it and was actually closed for road works. I had to do quiet a bit of circus to get onto Belur road. Would suggest you check with locals before taking the road. Alternative is this using which you can bypass the circle and associated traffic.

Quote:
There is a Reliance on the bypass.
This has been my standard refill point for all my CKM runs and would highly recommend this as my F.E is invariably higher when I fill from here.

Quote:
Incidentally I always fill here.
I have filled here a few times in the past and have never had any issues with fuel quality or service.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 09:50   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thannirhalla road was in a very bad shape early Sep when I took it and was actually closed for road works. I had to do quiet a bit of circus to get onto Belur road. Would suggest you check with locals before taking the road. Alternative is this using which you can bypass the circle and associated traffic.
True. I have hence asked NPV to instead drive till Thaneeruhalla and then drive till the end of the bypass towards Sakleshpur and then join the Hassan bypass. The road from Thanneruhalla till bypass is anyway in a driveable shape. It is the connecting road between here and the bypass that is closed for repairs.

Quote:
I have filled here a few times in the past and have never had any issues with fuel quality or service.
I have filled couple of times only but never had issues. It is rare that I need a refill for the range that I get but at times if I wander elsewhere, I for sure refill here. The last time I filled, their card POS couldn't reach the network but thankfully UPI was available and that was quick.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 13:32   #311
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thannirhalla road was in a very bad shape early Sep when I took it and was actually closed for road works. I had to do quiet a bit of circus to get onto Belur road.
Maybe I wasn't clear in explaining what I was planning.
I will not be entering Belur road in onward route
I will be returning from Sringeri via Aldur-Gendehalli-Belur-Hassan so will drive upto Thanniruhalla junction for lunch at Raama and then head back towards the bypass end and then make a left turn to return to Bangalore.
(This is exactly what Parag had recommended).

Quote:
True. I have hence asked NPV to instead drive till Thaneeruhalla and then drive till the end of the bypass towards Sakleshpur and then join the Hassan bypass. The road from Thanneruhalla till bypass is anyway in a driveable shape. It is the connecting road between here and the bypass that is closed for repairs.

Last edited by NPV : 18th October 2019 at 13:34.
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:47   #312
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove from Sringeri to Bangalore (onward was Bangalore-Kollur-Sringeri) recently.
Took Sringeri-Balehonnur-Aldur-Belur-Mudigere-Hassan-Bangalore.

With an 8:45 am start, reached Hassan at 1 pm and with a 2 pm start after lunch, reached Bangalore at 5 pm, definitely lesser traffic as the long weekend was still in progress

Overall, the road conditions were fine, only some minor road work in the forest/hilly areas between Sringeri & Balehonnur, definitely manageable if you keep to slower speeds (and enjoy the twisty, scenic drive).

From Aldur, I took the Yelagudige route to reach near HanDi, but missed the Gendehalli road and ended up going via Mudigere.

Nearing and in Mudigere, roads are quite bad, minor traffic jams and slow moving traffic there for about 5-6 Km.

Near Mudigere town, I was told by a cop that the Makonahalli-Kannapura road to Belur is bad (I think this joins the Gendehalli route, but approach from here is bad), so I was advised to go straight towards "Handpost" and then turn left towards Belur.
Old 4th November 2019, 12:17   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Near Mudigere town, I was told by a cop that the Makonahalli-Kannapura road to Belur is bad (I think this joins the Gendehalli route, but approach from here is bad), so I was advised to go straight towards "Handpost" and then turn left towards Belur.
If you are driving to Mudigere from Belur, you take the usual one via Cheeknahalli - Jannapura - Handpost. If you are driving towards Aldur, you take the Gendehalli route.

The cop suggested your right because you were already in Mudigere town and the best one to reach Belur from here was via the regular road and not Gendehalli road.

That said, you should missed a crucial turn around Handi so that you would have continued driving towards Chikkamagaluru instead of Mudigere. That one was a long detour.
Old 4th November 2019, 12:44   #314
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That said, you should missed a crucial turn around Handi so that you would have continued driving towards Chikkamagaluru instead of Mudigere. That one was a long detour.
Actually, I took the Aldur-Yelagudige route correctly (did not go towards Vastare/Chikmagalur) and when I reached Handi where it merges with NH 173, I did not go left towards Chikmagalur again and instead turned right towards Mudigere, so I missed the Gendehalli turn off which is accessed after (probably ?) turning left at Handi onto NH 173 towards the Chikmaglur direction and then immediately turning right ?
So, by going towards Mudigere, I lost some time definitely but I don't think it was too long a detour, or was it ?

*Edit:About 20Km more I guess!

Last edited by NPV : 4th November 2019 at 12:51.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:11   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I took the Aldur-Yelagudige route correctly (did not go towards Vastare/Chikmagalur)
I meant I wished you could have ended up taking a wrong turn that was leading you towards Vastare (at Handi) and not towards Mudigere. Handi is a major junction that connects all of these - Mudigere to Chikmagalur and Aldur to Belur. So even if you had taken a wrong left at Handi, you would have reached Chikmagalur instead of Mudigere and continued towards Belur.

This also would have added 20 Km extra.

Quote:
*Edit:About 20Km more I guess!
Indeed. Hence I referred to this as a long detour for a 35Km distance that became 55Km. But roads around this area are like this. Not many milestones and too many small junctions confuse you. For a non-regular, via Chikmagalur always works best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks