Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 09:35   #2521
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAN_99 View Post
Since my usual policy is to avoid back-tracking as much as possible, the return route planned is via Molem - Ramnagar - Dharwad. My vehicle is a Tata Safari 2.2 VTT. Please do come in with any comments on the above, and oblige.

The NH4A is bad after Mollem esp the Anmod ghat, all the way till Ramnagar.Better to take the Chorla route imo.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 17:48   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The NH4A is bad after Mollem esp the Anmod ghat, all the way till Ramnagar.Better to take the Chorla route imo.
@Ranjitp1, thanks for your comments.
After taking the Chorla route, would it be possible to divert to Khanapur and intersect NH4 at say, MK Hubli ?
Since I an going south, I would like to avoid going further north to Belgaum.

Thanks & regards.

Mohan.
MOHAN_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 18:32   #2523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAN_99 View Post
@Ranjitp1, thanks for your comments.
After taking the Chorla route, would it be possible to divert to Khanapur and intersect NH4 at say, MK Hubli ?
Since I an going south, I would like to avoid going further north to Belgaum.

Thanks & regards.

Mohan.
This is the route you need to take

http://goo.gl/maps/nnVQT
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 18:45   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
This is the route you need to take

http://goo.gl/maps/nnVQT
Many thanks Ranjitp1, for your valuable info. as well as the map.

Best regards,

Mohan.
MOHAN_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 01:43   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Jog is 80km beyond Shimoga on the 206. So how do you plan to visit the falls first while going and then come back to Shimoga for a stay? That does not make sense to me. Unless I am missing something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
As Amp has mentioned you will be back-tracking Shimoga-Jog route with this plan since Jog is on the Shimoga-Sagar (towards Karwar) route and you will be returning back to Shimoga for your night halt. If you have children traveling with you can also include the Tyavarekoppa Lion & Tiger Safari which is on the same route about 10-12 Km from Shimoga.

@Amp / @NPV, regarding your comments, perhaps my somewhat complex sentence has been the cause of this misunderstanding.

My plan is to proceed to Goa, after the night halt at Shimoga. En-route , I propose to briefly visit Jog falls for a few photos. This would be my first visit to the falls. After this the next destination will be Madgaon.

Regards,

Mohan.
Old 13th February 2014, 17:07   #2526
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Mohan Jog will be almost dry at this time. Even during Oct end it was a tickle.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 14:16   #2527
BHPian

@mpksuhas, thanks for the info.
The Jog detour is just a recce run. I am in no particular hurry to reach Madgaon, where I have been umpteen times over the past 15 years or so, in a variety of vehicles.

regards,
Mohan.
Old 25th February 2014, 17:33   #2528
BHPian

Hi, I need suggestions for doing Bangalore-Badami (starting from BLR at 9 AM) and for Badami-Calangute (starting from Badami at 10.30 AM). I prefer good roads (and, scenic route, if possible) even if the distance is longer. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th March 2014, 22:15   #2529
BHPian

Hi All!! Planning for Blore - Gokarna - Goa. Any route suggestions? I just saw that Haveri - Sirsi stretch is bad (have infact booked a hotel in Sirsi for a night before going on to Gokarna). Is Shimoga the only other option?

Thanks.
Old 6th March 2014, 22:18   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh View Post
Hi All!! Planning for Blore - Gokarna - Goa. Any route suggestions? I just saw that Haveri - Sirsi stretch is bad (have infact booked a hotel in Sirsi for a night before going on to Gokarna). Is Shimoga the only other option?

Thanks.
Shimoga is a good option except that the road down from Jog Falls towards Honavar is narrow, 1-laned in some places and you can get pushed off the road when some bus brutishly drives onto you.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 22:32   #2531
BHPian

Thanks HVK Sir!! Looks like no other option but to start very early after stay in Shimoga.
Old 16th March 2014, 06:47   #2532
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm planning Bangalore - Goa(Calangute) - Bangalore in car, This is my first trip to Goa. I'm planning to start by 5 am. Could you please suggest good routes and stop overs for breakfast based on current condition?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 16th March 2014 at 06:56.
Old 16th March 2014, 08:08   #2533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Hi all,

I'm planning Bangalore - Goa(Calangute) - Bangalore in car, This is my first trip to Goa. I'm planning to start by 5 am. Could you please suggest good routes and stop overs for breakfast based on current condition?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, if you are starting at 5 am then going by your handle, you can easily be having breakfast at Hubli by 9 am, it's another 3.5 hrs from there to Calangute via Belgaum-Chorla-Mapusa. The road is very quick till Belgaum, good roads from Belgaum till KA border, decent but narrow roads through the ghats till Goa.
Old 16th March 2014, 09:49   #2534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hi, if you are starting at 5 am then going by your handle, you can easily be having breakfast at Hubli by 9 am, it's another 3.5 hrs from there to Calangute via Belgaum-Chorla-Mapusa. The road is very quick till Belgaum, good roads from Belgaum till KA border, decent but narrow roads through the ghats till Goa.
That's a about 400 km to Hubli ! Some on can surely do it but isn't it quite aggressive @Luke? I would put average to about 80-85 and make it to Ranebennur Kamat by nine.
Old 16th March 2014, 17:16   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That's a about 400 km to Hubli ! Some on can surely do it but isn't it quite aggressive @Luke? I would put average to about 80-85 and make it to Ranebennur Kamat by nine.
Thanks, I will go easy with break at Ranebennur Kamat by nine.

After this, When I checked google it shows different route instead of the one via Belgaum?

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goa_map.jpg

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 16th March 2014 at 17:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks