Team-BHP - Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/31303-bangalore-dandeli-route-queries-13.html)

Quick update on the Dandeli - Tadas stretch, as I took this on my way back from South Goa:

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 4979923)
[*]Kalghatgi-Haliyal stretch has quite a few bad patches with about 8-9 km of dug-up roads. Hopefully should be re-laid soon.

Is this bumpy mud roads OR just the top layer taken off for laying new tarmac?
Quote:

[*]Do NOT take the Haliyal "bypass" route as suggested by Google Maps via Gundolli village. I took this and had to turn back due to very narrow village roads and an under-construction bridge. Go via Haliyal town only.
Thanks for this, was wondering why GMaps was suggesting a deviation.

Any suggestions for a pit-stop before the turnoff to Tadas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 5005815)
Is this bumpy mud roads OR just the top layer taken off for laying new tarmac?

When I traversed the stretch, about a month back, it was the latter but with quite a few loose stones as well. Nothing to worry as long as it is taken slow.

Quote:

This is where we took a break, although it is about a couple of hours before Tadas. Did not notice anything else worthwhile post that, as far as I can recall.

Quote:

I think either Apoorva or Ganesh Hotel makes sense for you RJ. Apoorva may come at ~3 hours after your start but then the breakfast is nothing great to write about.

There is this one attached to HPCL. Been there since more than a decade now and continues to attract some crowd, mainly for lunch and dinner. I have stopped here only once for some good tea and daal and rice. Breakfast may be a gamble here.

Little before this and after Bankapura there is Panchavati, not so old but not too new either. This is around 2-3 years old establishment. You can consider this.

Lastly, since I personally tried Ganesh Hotel, which is 20 minutes before Hubli Circle, you can give it a shot. Their south Indian breakfast is the usual stuff that you shouldn't complain except may be the way Chutney and Sambhar will taste different which is not unusual this side.

Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries-77d80dc040334d8581b3bd28cef7ba95.jpg

Along with this, there are quite a few new places that have recently come up on Davanagere bypass. You can drive slow and simply barge into one of them if you are super hungry :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5007381)
quite a few new places that have recently come up on Davanagere bypass.

Thanks Parag. Will decide based on where I am at around 7 am and take a call. Might end up delaying start by 30 min due to work commitments, which means Mysore cafe is also an option.

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Dandeli. I would like to take a few breaks since I don't prefer driving non-stop. Can someone suggest a route (suitable for hatchbacks) and some places to stop on the way.

Also, suggestions for a stay in Dandeli with fast and reliable WiFi would also be appreciated.

I am planning a trip to Dandeli in the first week of October. I wanted to understand the best route option considering I have to travel an additional 35 odd kms to reach the home stay after Dandeli.
Is it better to exit near Dharwad and take the Dandeli road or would it be better to take the Tadas Road?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 5154165)
I am planning a trip to Dandeli ...

When I visited Dandeli (A home stay near Dandeli, I don't remember the name) a few years back, some of the roads were closed after 6 pm. So, check with your home stay if this is the case. If so, plan to reach before that time.

Road update from Dharwad to Dandeli, did a trip from Hubli to Dharwad. From -Dharwad to Dandeli - Road is pretty decent, few patches of bad road here and there, very very few big potholes. Took me a little less than an hour to cover the 75 Kms.

Traffic was heavy at a few spots owing to the Saturday Holiday, there were hundreds of people lining up for the rafting, it was jam packed, so was the road in front of Bison resort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_joker (Post 5161581)
When I visited Dandeli (A home stay near Dandeli, I don't remember the name) a few years back, some of the roads were closed after 6 pm.

Thanks for the info. Yes we have been told the same by our Homestay host. We are planning to start early from Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 5165281)
Dharwad to Dandeli - Road is pretty decent, few patches of bad road here and there, very very few big potholes. Took me a little less than an hour to cover the 75 Kms.

Thanks for the update. We plan to stop for Lunch @ Dharwad. Knowing that the roads are generally good afterwards helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_joker (Post 5161581)
When I visited Dandeli (A home stay near Dandeli, I don't remember the name) a few years back, some of the roads were closed after 6 pm. So, check with your home stay if this is the case. If so, plan to reach before that time.

The roads which pass through the Kali Tiger reserve are closed by 6PM. There are alternate roads that take a bit longer, but are also safer.

Route Update Bangalore - Dandeli :

1. Bangalore - Dharwad :

Hopeless and Patchy Nice Road beyond Mysore Road to NH4 Nice road toll plaza.

Two Lanes up to Tumkur, but the road is good. Beyond Tumkur upto Dharwad, road is super good with proper lane marking and at most places the legally allowed speed is 100Kmph.
Chitradurga bypass is excellent and saves time.

2. Dharwad - Dandeli :

Below average to average roads. Bone jarring at times.

3. Dandeli - Kalhatagi :
Below Average roads. Watch out for Tractor Road trains who drive as if the road belongs to them. Cattle and Sheep on the road as you approach Kalhatagi.

4. Kalhatagi - Tadas :
Above average road with light traffic.

Route I would suggest based on my experience :
Bangalore - Chitradurga - Dharwad - Haliyal - Dandeli.

The same stretch can be used while return as well.

Hi

I am planning for a Ganeshgudi / Dandeli trip in the second half of December. would be grateful for advice on the following :

Best route - primary consideration being Good road condition. distance and time will not be an impediment.

Suggestions for any food stops on the way

Any other advice / hints / tips is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 5181658)
Route Update Bangalore - Dandeli :

1. Bangalore - Dharwad :

Hopeless and Patchy Nice Road beyond Mysore Road to NH4 Nice road toll plaza.

Two Lanes up to Tumkur, but the road is good. Beyond Tumkur upto Dharwad, road is super good with proper lane marking and at most places the legally allowed speed is 100Kmph.
Chitradurga bypass is excellent and saves time.

2. Dharwad - Dandeli :

Below average to average roads. Bone jarring at times.

3. Dandeli - Kalhatagi :
Below Average roads. Watch out for Tractor Road trains who drive as if the road belongs to them. Cattle and Sheep on the road as you approach Kalhatagi.

4. Kalhatagi - Tadas :
Above average road with light traffic.

Route I would suggest based on my experience :
Bangalore - Chitradurga - Dharwad - Haliyal - Dandeli.

The same stretch can be used while return as well.

I plan to drive to Dandeli in a couple of weeks. Google shows below route
Bangalore - Tadas - Kalaghatgi - Dandeli.

After Tadas, I think it is not NH. How is the road quality after Tadas

Can you please advise which is the best route. Is the one Google suggests the best route