Team-BHP - Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/31303-bangalore-dandeli-route-queries.html)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the road to Dandeli via Hubli is now?? I have a friend's marriage at Dharwad and looking forward to make it to Dandeli after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorsaLove (Post 625451)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the road to Dandeli via Hubli is now?? I have a friend's marriage at Dharwad and looking forward to make it to Dandeli after that.

Thanks

Last week I drove upto Haveri and then onto Sirsi. Road upto Davanagere is good, but road between Davangere and Haveri is not good. Road from Haveri to Sirsi is OK. I was told road from Hubli to Sirsi also is fine. I have no information about roads from Sirsi to Dandeli

Any updates on this route now ? Has the GQ work completed ?

Road conditions : dont expect major changes from last year w.r.t the by-passes. The Haveri-Hubli section should have improvement now.

Dharwad - Dandeli - the usual interior roads. 1.5 lane width of surfacing, so enough space for 2 vehicles to pass. Road surface is not great - usual patchy stuff. Driveable.

Hi. I had been to Dandeli in April 2008. I had followed Belgaum - Khanapur - Londa-Ganeshgudi-Dandeli route. which was two lane road till Khanapur and after that 1.5 lane. If a vehicle comes from opposite side, both vehicles need to share the road. From Belgaum to Dandeli/Ganeshgudi you can reach in approx 1.5 hours. Road is a bit crowded till Khanapur. Second option is to go from Hubli to Yellapur-Haliyal-Dandeli.
Road from Dandeli to Haliyal was very bad in April (as told by localites in Dandeli)
we enjoyed two day stay in Ganeshgudi. wish you nice trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorsaLove (Post 625451)
Hi,

Thanks

Dude,

What a coincidence. Even i'am planning Dandeli.clap:

Anyone to help on this with accomodation details.

It'll be 5 families , approx 20 members travelling.

Hmmm I lived around dandeli for 6 years. too bad I have forgotten the route :(

IIRC, tehre are two routes to go to dandeli. one is a interior road, which takes you to a checkpost with name starting from "B". Then take a left and proceed towards dandeli. other route takes you direct to the city which is kinda bad but short while the better road is long. last time i was in dandeli, it was 10 years ago, so things might have changed now...

We did a trip in Dec last year to Dandeli from Bangalore. We stayed in Belgaum for a night and then moved to Dandeli. There is a very bad stretch between Chitradurga and Haveri, where you need to be careful. I had a bad jump on a small bridge, which looked like a patched road. Also, had a puncture close to Haveri. I had 4 punctures in that trip :)

The journey from Dharwad to Belgaum was the best with almost no traffic on excellent roads. The roads are winding and is scenic in its own way.

The road from Dharwad to GaneshGudi is quite good. Ganesh Gudi to Dandeli is rough and there are shortcuts which are even worse. Where do you intend to stay in Dandeli? I can suggest HornBill Resort in Ganesh Gudi which is run by Mr. Umesh and is on the banks of kali river. The rates are about 1500 per person including food.

Ravi

Hi People,

We are planning a weekend drive to Dandeli from Bangalore over the next weekend (24th - 26th July). What is the best route and how are the road conditions? Also please suggest a good place to stay there. I have heard about Jungle Resorts, would we be able to get a booking (for around 10 people) a week in advance?

Thanks,
NMA

For Dandeli best time is after rains untill end of winter. But it would be real fun in rains too. But water rafting is not possible in rainy season. Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays here you can get more info about it.

About route: My pick is Bangalore - hubli - 5km before Yellapura turn right towards Dandeli. Good road all the way. You may spot elphants If lucky. Just careful.

Take cue from map.

Per person I feel it would cost 2000/- per day including food If resort is open in rainy season too. Call them and also check online reservations in jungle lodges website. I found they have Dormitory Bed too. so that should work out better for group of 10.

Please note that there are 2 properties around: Kali Adventure Camp and Old Magazine house or similar name.

Heavy rain is expected next 5 days so I feel by July 24th it will settle down with less rain as new hindu month would start by then. So less rain expected I think from July 24th onwards. Pray for less rains when you visit there otherwise you cant travel anywhere there.

This winter I am visiting there so please post detailed report :)

Regards,

Ravi.

I went to the bison resort in Dandeli couple of yrs back around this time. It rained and rained and rained!! We were just not able to step out of the cottage!
If at all u plan to go anway, please follow the road from Belgaum - Khanapur - Ganeshgudi - dandeli even though it might be a slightly longer route. The road from Dharwad to dandeli was terrible - awful road and it goes thru a dense forest with hardly any signs of civilization for kms together.
The resort itself was nice but as ravibhat mentioned, after the rains it should be even better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 1385396)
For Dandeli best time is after rains untill end of winter. But it would be real fun in rains too. But water rafting is not possible in rainy season. Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays here you can get more info about it.

About route: My pick is Bangalore - hubli - 5km before Yellapura turn right towards Dandeli. Good road all the way. You may spot elphants If lucky. Just careful.

This winter I am visiting there so please post detailed report :)

@Ravi: Thanks for the information, will surely update on the trip. I could understand this much from the other threads that the road upto Yellapur is fine. How much time would I take after the deviation towards Dandeli?
It is disappointing that rafting will not be allowed in this season, but we are hoping to catch the waterfalls in full flow.
I am planning to cover Magod and Dudhsagar falls (over 2 days). How are the road conditions to both these places?

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcruiser (Post 1385828)
If at all u plan to go anway, please follow the road from Belgaum - Khanapur - Ganeshgudi - dandeli even though it might be a slightly longer route. The road from Dharwad to dandeli was terrible - awful road and it goes thru a dense forest with hardly any signs of civilization for kms together.

@royalcruiser: I am hoping that the road from Hubli to Dandeli will be OK now.

Thanks,
NMA

Road which deviates to dandeli before yellapura while coming from Hubli is fine. I feel in 2 hrs max. you can cover it. Remember there are 2 routes: hubli - dharwad - (has bad roads) hiliyal - dandeli and hubli - yellapura - dandeli (has better roads).

If some Jeep can take you to Saatodi falls (40km from yellapura) you would love it more than magod falls (25km , has decent road). but in rainy season magod is better than saatodi since in saatodi you have to travel 7km in real bad roads. even jeep can find it difficult to reach sometimes although I took guts to take tempo travellor there in heavy rainy season.

I suggest try both the routes to dandeli since via yellapura it would be 30km extra.

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 1386421)
Road which deviates to dandeli before yellapura while coming from Hubli is fine. I feel in 2 hrs max. you can cover it. Remember there are 2 routes: hubli - dharwad - (has bad roads) hiliyal - dandeli and hubli - yellapura - dandeli (has better roads).

If some Jeep can take you to Saatodi falls (40km from yellapura) you would love it more than magod falls (25km , has decent road). but in rainy season magod is better than saatodi since in saatodi you have to travel 7km in real bad roads. even jeep can find it difficult to reach sometimes although I took guts to take tempo travellor there in heavy rainy season.

I suggest try both the routes to dandeli since via yellapura it would be 30km extra.

Ravi: Will try both routes on either way as you have suggested. How is the route to Dudhsagar falls from Dandeli? Is there a proper road upto the falls?

Thanks,
NMA

Quote:

Originally Posted by nma83 (Post 1387140)
Ravi: Will try both routes on either way as you have suggested. How is the route to Dudhsagar falls from Dandeli? Is there a proper road upto the falls?

Thanks,
NMA

I just did this route last weekend (although it was the other way round). Dandeli to Dudh Sagar road is good. There are a few bad stretches though. Especially near the junction where the road to Londa joins. The road has broken down for about 10-15 kms near Anmod because of the mine trucks. After you enter the Goa border, the roads are good.

Regarding Dudh Sagar, there is no proper road to the falls. You can go there only in 4X4 vehicles. even we tried to go there, but could not find any jeep to take us there. Somebody told they will take us in bikes, but we did not go. Your vehicle can go upto Collem and from there you have to hire a jeep to go to the falls.