Team-BHP - Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/31303-bangalore-dandeli-route-queries-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversun100 (Post 3013231)
Thanks Ampere. Back from Dandeli.

You are right; there is a mud road across with an iron cast, used as an impediment to not allow heavy vehicles to cross on there.

Even I went past that section last week. No improvements. It's the same. If you see the Alnavar SH has an exit from the bypass but not the Dandeli SH. Don't know why?

Maybe the authorities did not associate that much of importance to this SH and did not decide to make an exit. They must have thought many won't take this exit at all.

Hi Folks,

I'm planning a short trip to Ganeshgudi in February, and was wondering which of these 2 routes would be faster?

1. Pune-Belgaum-Khanapur-Ramnagar-Ganeshgudi?
OR
2. Pune-Dharwad-Haliyal-Ganeshgudi?

If it's #2, then how do I join the Dharwad-Haliyal road while coming from Pune?

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 3029302)
Hi Folks,

I'm planning a short trip to Ganeshgudi in February, and was wondering which of these 2 routes would be faster?

1. Pune-Belgaum-Khanapur-Ramnagar-Ganeshgudi?
OR
2. Pune-Dharwad-Haliyal-Ganeshgudi?

If it's #2, then how do I join the Dharwad-Haliyal road while coming from Pune?

Cheers,
Vikram

Ideal option would be Belgaum Khanapur-Ramnagar. road. But I dont know the current status.The other option is Dharwad-Alnavar-Ramnagar. You can spot this exit as Goa exit on the Dharwad-Hubli bypass. No need to take the road via Haliyal/Dandeli. The Alnavar road is in a very good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3029342)
The other option is Dharwad-Alnavar-Ramnagar. You can spot this exit as Goa exit on the Dharwad-Hubli bypass. No need to take the road via Haliyal/Dandeli. The Alnavar road is in a very good condition.

Thanks ampere. While coming from Pune, I'm assuming this exit is the one that comes before the exit for NH63?

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 3029402)
Thanks ampere. While coming from Pune, I'm assuming this exit is the one that comes before the exit for NH63?

Cheers,
Vikram

That is true. In fact this exit and the NH63 are the only one you have on this bypass. Strangely the authorities have made no exit for the Haliyal/Dandeli road.

Dear friends,

I have 8 free days in March, and am planning to go to Dandeli, starting from Shivamogga. I will be travelling alone, by my 2007 Bajaj Avenger 180cc.

I plan to take the scenic route of course, and will be happy to circumvent all temples and such places of interest. For meals and night halts of course, I will have to get back to civilization.

Would you please share some information about:
i) places to see - natural beauty... flora, fauna, waterfalls, mountains
ii) things to beware about
iii) places to stay along the way

I know, at this stage, there is no definite plan in my head, and it seems foolhardy even to me. I look to you all to help me with planning a nice successful trip.

I promise a nice batch of photographs (and perhaps even videos) when I come back! :)

Thanks!
Rohan

Hi Rohan,
I just returned from Dandeli yesterday. Am not very sure of the routes from Shivmogga to Dandeli, but few POIs can be noted down.
  1. Anshi National Park: if lucky you can see black panthers, leopards
  2. Kali River Rafting: Class 3 rapids
  3. Sintheri Rock
  4. Kavala Caves
  5. Coracle ride in Kali: Crocodile sighting
  6. Ganeshgudi:Bird watching
For stay, Jungle resort at Dandeli (Kali Widerness Camp) or Old Magazine House at Ganeshgudi are good options, There is also a Bison River Resort in Ganeshgudi.

Since you are riding alone, I would advise against riding through the jungle after evenings. Ensure you have a good beam and you do carry torch with you. Your Avenger being in pristine condition for the trip is a default pre-condition.

Happy riding :)

Hi Guys,
Planning to travel to Dandeli on 11th April and stay there till the 13th morning. Will be leaving Blr around 6 AM(Malleswaram). Hoping to reach the resort by lunch time. Will be 5 of us driving down in a Qualis.

Have made a booking in Jungle Camp & Resorts. The main idea is rafting. Have checked with couple of locals and they say that rafting is on during this period in the Kali river. Hope this is true. If anyone has some info, pls let us know.

The next stop will be to drive through the Anshi forest and head towards Karwar. Planning to stay at the Sterling resort for a day and then head back to Blr on 14th (Sunday). Will prefer to get back early to Blr as all of us need to head to office the next day.

Need advice from the members on the route. i.e. where to get off the NH4 towards Haliyal and also the approx time required from Dharwad bypass to Dandeli.

Similar advice required on the route from Jungle camp and resorts to Karwar. Have read on the forum that the road travels through the Anshi forest. Any idea of the recent road condition and any place to stop and see apart from the wild animals.

Also, any place worth watching on the way back to Blr from Karwar considering we do not have much time on the last day. will it be possible to take a diversion to Yana on the way back.

Cheers

I'll be driving to Dandeli on 9th, just wanted to check if the path shown by Google Maps for coming off NH4 at Dharwad for the road to Haliyal is the same as what is being discussed here:

Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries-nh4.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 3202781)
I'll be driving to Dandeli on 9th, just wanted to check if the path shown by Google Maps for coming off NH4 at Dharwad for the road to Haliyal is the same as what is being discussed here:

Its the Haliyal road all right. But that I think not right exit. That real SH road goes below the 4-lane and there is no exit for that road.
If you need a clean route you will need to get into Dharwad town and then ask for the Dandeli road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 3202781)

You come straight on the Hubli-Dharwar bypass, continue and cross over the Dandeli road going underneath the highway and then you find this on your right

Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries-image018.jpg

This will lead you straight to Dandeli road, where you have to turn right towards Dandeli. It is a mud path, but I've seen vehicles like swift taking this stretch without any problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3202799)
Its the Haliyal road all right. But that I think not right exit. That real SH road goes below the 4-lane and there is no exit for that road.
If you need a clean route you will need to get into Dharwad town and then ask for the Dandeli road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 3203024)
You come straight on the Hubli-Dharwar bypass, continue and cross over the Dandeli road going underneath the highway and then you find this on your right

This will lead you straight to Dandeli road, where you have to turn right towards Dandeli. It is a mud path, but I've seen vehicles like swift taking this stretch without any problem.

Thank you both very much! I guess this is it; red to get off and blue to get into NH4:

Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries-nh42.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 3203828)
Thank you both very much! I guess this is it; red to get off and blue to get into NH4:

- No I think the blue is to be used for both. (Getting in and getting out)
- The bypass is not a 4-lane. Its a normal road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3203902)

- No I think the blue is to be used for both. (Getting in and getting out)
- The bypass is not a 4-lane. Its a normal road.

Got it! Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 3203911)
Got it! Thanks again!

That road as @mallumowgli said, may be a bit tricky to spot.
As a reference:

- Set your km trip meter right when you cross the Ankola road (NH63)
- As per google its approximately 21km when you go past Dandeli road.
- Its about half a km over and above the Dandeli road.

Route Link

Check this satellite view.