Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2015, 10:08   #76
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If not 4, start by at least 5. Thats because you are easily staring at an about 8 hours of drive. The earlier you start the better.

Both the roads are good. Since you are in Koramangala, I would still suggest Mysore road and an early start. 10:30 would be difficult because past Madikeri, you are looking at twisty roads.

Kalyani is a fantastic up-market place. Much much better than others on the Mysore road. They open by 7. So a 4:30/5AM should take you there right on time. So that way you have beaten the Mysore road rush too. Also for this long journey it forms a nice logical break-point, instead of breaking right after 60-80 km.
Thanks Ampere, we are looking at leaving 5:00 AM sharp, we may take NICE road out to Mysore road just for the convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Both these routes are same from Madikeri (Channarayapatna-Somwarpet-Madikeri and other one Mysore-Hunsur-Madikeri), as @ampere has suggested decide based on which one is closer, Mysore Road or Tumkur Road.
If starting early, Mysore Road is fine, else if you're delayed, take the Nelamangala-Channrayapatna NH 48 route (Hassan/Mangalore route).
Thank you NPV, we will leave 5:00 am and take Mysore road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Started today at 2.0x pm from Kasargod (Bekal is another 16kms) and was at HSR at 10 pm with 2 breaks. Took Sullia > Madikeri > Kushal Nagar > Mysore > Nice Road > Hosur Road > HSR and it was monday so Mysore road was pretty easy peasy. Sullia to Madikeri has 3 stretches where road is getting made, but very very short stretch which the fully loaded Ritz did without a fuss.

Onwards on saturday i left at 523 am from Indira Nagar, took the city roads and had reached Kannur town by 1245 with break fast and few other short stops.

Nowhere in teither trips i would have breached 100 kmph anywhere.
Jaggu, it appears you made good time all things considered. what would you say your rest time was? are there adequate facilities along the way?

Thanks

imp
Old 10th February 2015, 10:18   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Thanks Ampere, we are looking at leaving 5:00 AM sharp, we may take NICE road out to Mysore road just for the convenience.
Here is the location of the hotel for your reference: Hotel Kalyani

Last edited by ampere : 10th February 2015 at 10:36.
Old 14th April 2015, 08:30   #78
Senior - BHPian

Gents, what would be the best route to reach Bekal from Bangalore ? I will be spending a few days in Bekal in the coming week and will need to touch Mysore on both my onward and the return journey.

So ideally I would require information on the best route from Mysore to Bekal.
Old 14th April 2015, 08:55   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Gents, what would be the best route to reach Bekal from Bangalore ? I will be spending a few days in Bekal in the coming week and will need to touch Mysore on both my onward and the return journey.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-info-13.html

Mysore-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sulia-Jalsoor-Cherkala-Bekal

Brilliant roads all the way
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 20:11   #80
BHPian

Quote:

Recently did Mysore-Hunsur-Madikeri-Bhagamandala-Panathur-Bekal.
Consider this if you have time and enjoy driving in secluded Ghat roads.

Mysore to Madikeri is in good condition.
Bhagamandala-Panathur is a very scenic route, narrow road, bad in short patches, overall OKis condition. Saw only a few vehicles on this stretch during my journey.
Avoid evening/night travel, but morning travel may be rewarded with sighting of snakes and some bird life.
From Panathur to Bekal is a winding stretch but in good condition.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 10:30   #81
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Amp has mentioned the perfect route via Mysore.
Just in case you need it - the other route is via Channarayapatna-Somwarpet-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia-Kasargod.
Details of the route from my trip last year are here

I'd taken Hassan-Shiradi-Kukke for onward journey which is not an option now due to Shiradi ghat closure.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:13   #82
BHPian

hi folks, I read the last few pages of this thread with interest.

I am heading for Bekal from Bangalore this weekend.

An acquaintance suggested a route which he normally takes to Bekal (takes about 8 hours according to him)

Mysore - Periyapatna - Virajpet -Irrity - Kanhangad - Bekal.

wondering if anyone here has gone via this route and would you recommend it.

comments/suggestions welcome. Waiting to hear from you all.

thanks in advance.
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:53   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagoner View Post
Mysore - Periyapatna - Virajpet -Irrity - Kanhangad - Bekal.
If its Kanhagad, I would suggest the same. But if its one of those resorts in Bekal, I would suggest the Sampaja/Sullia/Jalsoor/Cherkala option.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 21:40   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagoner View Post
I am heading for Bekal from Bangalore this weekend.
I just visited Bekal last weekend, please see my post about the route and road conditions at this link.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 21:42   #85
BHPian

Thanks Ampere and Voyager-1 for your inputs. Voyager, I am going through your report now.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:21   #86
BHPian

Have anyone traveled between Bangalore and Kasargod recently? Let me know the best route to take given the current rains.
Old 24th November 2015, 15:48   #87
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijayks View Post
Have anyone traveled between Bangalore and Kasargod recently? Let me know the best route to take given the current rains.
I'm not sure about the effect of rain but one option would be Bangalore-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi-Gundya-Kukke-Jalsoor-Cherkala-Kasargod. We took this route when going to Bekal.
Old 24th November 2015, 16:02   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm not sure about the effect of rain but one option would be Bangalore-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi-Gundya-Kukke-Jalsoor-Cherkala-Kasargod. We took this route when going to Bekal.
Google Map too showed the same route, but I wanted to check if there is a different one. Thanks NPV
Old 24th November 2015, 16:22   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijayks View Post
Google Map too showed the same route, but I wanted to check if there is a different one. Thanks NPV
If you stay close to Mysore road, you can take the Mysore/Madikeri option because then you dont have to go all the way up to Nelamangala.

Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Madilkere-Sampaje-Sullia-Jalsoor-Cherkala-Bekal

But yes, start very early to beat the traffic on Mysore road.
Old 7th December 2015, 15:59   #90

Re: Bangalore to Kasaragod : Route Queries

Hi, planning to go to Kanhangad from Bangalore at 3rd week of December. My starting point would be Ecity.

Couples of routes in my mind currently are

1) Bangalore -> Mysore -> Hunsur -> Gonikoppa -> Iritti -> Kanhangad
2) Bangalore -> Mysore -> Hunsir -> Madikeri -> Bhagamandala -> Panathur -> Kanhangad
3) Bangalore -> Sakleshpur -> Sulia -> Panathur -> Kanhangad

I will be leaving from Bangalore around at 2 PM, so not sure whether I can take the 1st route, as I believe there is night travel restriction. If so does it start at 6PM or 9 PM? Is the roads good throughout, I will be travelling with my wife and a 4 year kid, so prefer good roads.

About second road which I would prefer, is it recommended to do a night drive in Bhagamandala Pannathur stretch? Also, how is the road conditions after the recent downpour.

3rd route, which is 30 km's more where I believe the roads are good till Sullia, I need to know the strech between Sullia and Pannathur. I remember long time back taking that route and google map routed me to some unknown roads where my SUV was brushing the bushes and finally had to take a U turn and come back. Not quite sure where I got lost and it was 1 AM and later came to know that it is an elephant infected area. So this route is of my least preference provided the road between Sullia and Pannathur is negotiable in night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks