Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 13:36   #91

Re: Bangalore to Delhi and back

Hi,

I am planning to do Bangalore->Nagpur->Delhi in 2 days with overnight stay in Nagpur.

I will have a driver driving my Innova.

Need the following help
1) Safe Hotel options in Nagpur near the highway. do hotels provide hall or common area for driver to stay.
2) good places to eat lunch/dinner and tea, snacks with washroom along NH44
3) are there any checkposts when u cross from one state to another. This is my 1st long trip , hence my question may sound newbie.
4) From recent travellers, condition of roads from BLR-> Nagpur and Nagpur-> Delhi
5) Things to carry in car considering long drive.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and opinions.

Regards
naam1010
Old 8th November 2023, 11:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naam1010 View Post
Hi,

I am planning to do Bangalore->Nagpur->Delhi in 2 days with overnight stay in Nagpur.

I will have a driver driving my Innova.

Need the following help
1) Safe Hotel options in Nagpur near the highway. do hotels provide hall or common area for driver to stay.
2) good places to eat lunch/dinner and tea, snacks with washroom along NH44
3) are there any checkposts when u cross from one state to another. This is my 1st long trip , hence my question may sound newbie.
4) From recent travellers, condition of roads from BLR-> Nagpur and Nagpur-> Delhi
5) Things to carry in car considering long drive.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and opinions.

Regards
naam1010
Planning the same rouet in Jan 2024 in my Hexa, following this thread for Hotel updates!
May I know when is your trip
Old 4th January 2024, 14:31   #93
BHPian

Hi all, I recently drove down to Noida Sector 18 from Bangalore. I started on 24th Dec 2023 with my wife & my pet dog in my Kia Sonet HTX 7DCT. I got it serviced a day before the trip. Thanks to this team BHP forum especially Mr.Hiren Sharma`s post, i got a good amount of idea to undertake this journey.

I took the below route as recommended, had booked pet friendly hotel at Nagpur & Jhansi two weeks prior itself and both were in our budget.

Route
Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> AGRA -> Noida

This journey was done in 3 days.

Day 1 (BLR -> Nagpur, 1064 km)
We left at 3:50AM in the morning from Yelhanka, Bengaluru. Had breakfast at Mr.Idli`s near Kurnool and fed my dog too. Took couple of short tea & pee breaks (almost every 2 hours). Entered Hyderabad ORR around 12:00 PM and exited around 12:40PM. As usual, the roads were great.
Faced heavy traffic from Medchal till Tupran mostly Trucks. Had lunch in some dhaba near Nirmal and then continued.

Roads from Hyderabad to Adilabad were good however with some pockets of heavy traffic but faced bad patches the moment we crossed into MH. Could not maintain good speeds here and eventually the road became good as we were nearing Nagpur. We Reached Nagpur Hotel Silver Suites at 8:30 PM and stayed there for night. The Hotel is fairly OK and nothing much to talk about.

Day 2 (Nagpur -> Jhansi, 597 km)
Next day we started from Nagpur at 9AM after having breakfast. Roads were excellent in Pench National Park and became uneasy once we crossed Seoni. What I meant is that the patch works are done, but its not even and the car tends to unsettle a bit given that sonet has stiff suspension.
As usual, we faced traffic mostly 2 wheelers & Trucks, cattle's who kept our speed in check. Had lunch in some dhaba in Narsinghpur and reached Jhansi around 7PM and heavy fog had started to build up.

We stayed at Hotel Hari Palace, Jhansi. This is budget friendly hotel and allows pets. They have their own restaurant and served pretty good meals. Also, this hotel is right on the main road which meant that we could have a quick exit from the city.

Day 3 (Jhansi -> Delhi, 457 km)
We left Jhansi around 9AM and were in midst of heavy fog. Couldn`t get to good speeds due to this.
Faced bad traffic all the way from Gwalior. Morena, Dholpur and it was chaos all around. Lot of two wheelers, tractors and trucks, crossings, cattle's etc.

Here, we had a incident.
There was a mad traffic once we crossed into Dholpur(Rajastan) with long line of trucks. I somehow managed to dodge these trucks and overtook them and reached a traffic junction. 2 traffic cops were managing this junction manually. one of them saw my car and had a glance at registration number (KA) and after couple of seconds, asked me to pull aside. I wondered what for, yet parked my car as per his demand.
Till then, I didn't realize that my wife had removed her seatbelt and I figured out they will issue challan due to this. She had removed her seatbelt in dholpur town to spit outside (her health was not in good shape, and she had cough). As usual, the cop checked car documents and fined us for not wearing seatbelt. He said that the fine as 2K and proceeded to write issue a challan(or was he acting). I was skeptical a bit about the fine amount but paid him 2K without much arguement. Now, i expected a reciept and waited for him to provide the same. When asked, both the cops acted weirdly saying no receipts and all, if required then I need to go to Police Station. I got furious and gave them a mouthful and demanded receipt. Also, i showed them the portal wherein charges for not wearing seat belt was 1K. I took a stand that I shall not leave without getting a receipt. The Cops were asking me to take my car away from the highway road else will be towed away, I did not budge. The traffic was getting lot worse due to this coupled with few locals watching the drama unfold.
After 15-20 minutes or so, a Police vehicle came, and an officer inside asked us what the commotion is about. My wife with her teary eyes took the lead and explained and questioned these two cops' motives and said it was not right on their part to misbehave with tourists. I maintained my stand that give us the receipt for passenger side not wearing seatbelt, refund excess amount and then we will leave.
The officer apologized immediately and gave a mouthful to those 2 cops and made them to refund the whole amount and let us go with just a warning.
We left from there after thanking the Police officer.

Crossed into agra and had lunch at Jewar Toll Plaza (Yamuna Express Way) and reached Noida around 5PM.
Except for the last day stretch, the entire journey was comfortable for us and even for the dog too.
Sudhindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 19:12   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Hi all, I recently drove down to Noida Sector 18 from Bangalore. I started on 24th Dec 2023 with my wife & my pet dog in my Kia Sonet HTX 7DCT. I got it serviced a day before the trip. Thanks to this team BHP forum especially Mr.Hiren Sharma`s post, i got a good amount of idea to undertake this journey.
Thank you for this. I am about to undertake Bangalore to Gurgaon solo, with my pet, this post will really help.

I am a little unsure of the Bangalore to Nagpur run, doing 1000km in a day with a dog, but if leaving early can get me to Nagpur by 8pm-ish, that should be just fine!

I'll probably just book the exact same hotels to save me from searching for pet friendly hotels. Any other pointers that you could share? What was the total toll expense? Were you the only driver or does your wife take the wheel too?
Old 4th April 2024, 11:37   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon0508 View Post
Thank you for this. I am about to undertake Bangalore to Gurgaon solo, with my pet, this post will really help.

I am a little unsure of the Bangalore to Nagpur run, doing 1000km in a day with a dog, but if leaving early can get me to Nagpur by 8pm-ish, that should be just fine!

I'll probably just book the exact same hotels to save me from searching for pet friendly hotels. Any other pointers that you could share? What was the total toll expense? Were you the only driver or does your wife take the wheel too?
Sorry for the delayed reply.
You are welcome.
Answering to your questions, yes, you are right. Leaving early and exiting Devanahalli toll before 4:30AM will do, you can reach Nagpur around 8PM.
The hotels that I stayed were pretty ok and it doesn't require you to take a detour from the highway.
Few pointers from my side;
1) Ensure that all passengers wear their seat belts mandatorily and without it don't start the car.
2) As the elections are around the corner, be prepared for checks at regular intervals and don't carry much cash.
3) The weather will be hot, carry lots of water and halt for every 2 hours under shade.
4) Ensure your pet stays hydrated. If possible, lay a bed for the pet so that it can be comfortable. I did the same by folding the back seat completely. I also fed my pet once in the morning and then again only after reaching the destination. In between I gave her some treats. Let your pet out for few minutes and let it sniff around or have a pee. Don't leave the pet in the car for long when you go out for lunch/dinner.
5) Follow general checkup and ensure your car is fit and fine to do the journey.
6) After entering MP, drive safely as lot of stray cattle will occupy the roads, two-wheelers and tractors can irritate you and you can't sustain sufficient speeds.

Toll Charges came upto - INR 3940/-
I am the only driver.
Hope this answers your queries.
Sudhindra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks