Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 09:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Planning to visit Mantralaya in February. How's the situation in AP now? Can I take the usual Bangalore-Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya route? I do not wish to get trapped on roads due to Telangana related protest. Please suggest. Thanks.
There are no TG disruptions as of now, but things change any time.
Old 4th June 2014, 19:35   #122
Senior - BHPian

Did a day trip to Mantralaya from Bangalore last week. All of a sudden, road humps have spurted at every village you cross after Gooty. Thankfully all of them are signaged. Be careful of these humps, especially while driving at night. Otherwise the road is excellent except for few spots which is easily manageable.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 08:52   #123
Senior - BHPian

Did a Bangalore-Mantralaya-Bangalore trip over weekend. Started at 4PM from Bangalore and as usual stayed in a hotel at Anantapur while going there on Friday (13th June). Reached Anantapur at around 8.30PM. Saturday morning started for Gooty then the usual route Gooty-Pattikonda-Aspari-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam. Started at around 9 from Anantapur and reached Mantralayam at around 11.45AM. Please note to take all bypass roads for Pattikonda and Adoni to avoid delays due to traffic.
It was a bit time consuming to get a room there but finally got one. Had the prasada in the afternoon and then attended the rathas in the evening. Started back to Bangalore on Sunday morning at around 11AM but there was a rally on NH-7 between Gooty and Anantapur which consumed almost one hour. Finally reached home at around 8.30PM
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:21   #124
BHPian

Anybody done this route lately. I am planning to drive to Mantralayam this weekend. Plan is to take the usual Blr-Anantpur-Gooty-Adoni-Mantralayam route. Any update on the route will be great!
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:26   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Did a day trip to Mantralaya from Bangalore last week...
@Fauji, I am considering the same for a long while. Please help me with more details on how you achieved this. What routes did you take, when did you reach, when did you start back etc. "Day trip" to Mantralaya sounds a bit optimistic (by my standards)! Best Regards.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:47   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
@Fauji, I am considering the same for a long while. Please help me with more details on how you achieved this. What routes did you take, when did you reach, when did you start back etc. "Day trip" to Mantralaya sounds a bit optimistic (by my standards)! Best Regards.
Both the times we visited Mantrlayam, never spent more than 2-3 hrs from the time we reach there to time we depart which included having our lunch. Darshan maximum took about 30-45 min.

We had taken Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantrlayam and it took about 1:30-1:45 hrs. Bangalore-Gooty will take 4-5 hrs.

Given these facts, its easily possible to do it as a day trip, assuming this is the only destination you are going to visit.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 11:53   #127
BHPian

^^ Thank you narayans. On the higher side, you are talking about 7 hrs one-way. Assuming I reach Mantralaya by 10/11, and leave by 3PM, I should be back home by 10PM. This is kind of cool. I never thought this was possible. Let me plan and execute, and let you all know how it goes.
Old 9th September 2014, 10:09   #128
BHPian

Visited Mantralayam this Saturday and returned back on Sunday. Good roads all along. Bangalore - Gooty drive is super fast and should be easily doable in less than 4 hours. After Gooty, there are numerous speed breakers and will eat up heavily into drive time. Overall the Blr-mantralayam should be doable in 6-6.5 hrs.
Lightening-Fast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 15:44   #129
BHPian

Can someone please confirm the best route from Bangalore to Mantralayam?
Reason for asking is that I recently (1-Oct) did Bangalore-Gulbarga and the Gooty-Raichur stretch was bad, especially Adoni-Raichur stretch was horrible, although I don't remember if it was after or before Madhavaram. It was around 8-9pm and the road was filled with huge craters and potholes, and to add, with no other vehicle in sight for quite long distances. So, I'm little skeptical to take Gooty-Adoni again. Is there an alternate route where the road conditions are better for most part? If I continue further on NH-7, where do I turn-off for Mantralaya? How much more distance and time will this mean?

TIA!

Last edited by prashkul : 11th November 2014 at 15:49.
Old 11th November 2014, 16:19   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
If I continue further on NH-7, where do I turn-off for Mantralaya? How much more distance and time will this mean?
I am afraid there is no alternative as far as I know. Anything else through Raichur is a big roundabout. Adoni is inevitable.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 17:08   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am afraid there is no alternative as far as I know. Anything else through Raichur is a big roundabout. Adoni is inevitable.
Google Maps is showing a route from Kurnool to Mantralaya, along the Tungabhadra river - it is 75kms / 1.5 hrs. Does anyone have any idea on this road's condition?

Edit: Just found something on the Hyd-Mantralaya thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ute-query.html

Will continue to look for inputs...

Last edited by prashkul : 11th November 2014 at 17:12.
Old 12th November 2014, 00:22   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Adoni-Raichur stretch was horrible, although I don't remember if it was after or before Madhavaram. It was around 8-9pm and the road was filled with huge craters and potholes, and to add, with no other vehicle in sight for quite long distances.
Except for initial 2-3 km from Gooty and Pattikonda bypass rest were pretty good when I last did. We did Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam. Route is fairly empty in daytime, needless to say at night
Old 13th November 2014, 18:13   #133
Senior - BHPian

I will be doing Bangalore Mantralaya over this weekend. I always go via Gooty, Adoni, Yemmiganur and Mantralaya. During none of the visits I faced trouble with road condition. There are bypasses for Pattikonda and Adoni to avoid the towns completely. Google map will show you these bypasses. Only bad patch is on the Pattikonda bypass where you need to cross a bridge. Rest is OK with some bad patches here and there.
Will update with my experience in next week.
Old 17th November 2014, 14:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
go via Gooty, Adoni, Yemmiganur and Mantralaya. There are bypasses for Pattikonda and Adoni to avoid the towns completely. Google map will show you these bypasses. Only bad patch is on the Pattikonda bypass where you need to cross a bridge. Rest is OK with some bad patches here and there.
Agree completely. I did the same route last week. Gooty - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralaya is good. Last time, I took the other route from Adoni to Raichur (SH 167?, not the one via Yemmiganur & Mantralaya) that meets at Madhavaram which was bad.

Taking a rick from Mantralaya to Panchamukhi Ganadhal & back turned out to be a good call since the roads are horrible.

Last edited by prashkul : 17th November 2014 at 14:37.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:59   #135
Senior - BHPian

Visited Mantralaya over weenend. As usual started at 5PM from bangalore (Marathahalli) and made a stay at Anantapur at around 9PM. It was raining horribly all the way since entering Andhra border. Was bit worried since the visibility was too poor with all 4 lamps on on the car. But with Swamiji's grace reached to hotel Saptagiri Balla safely. Next morning started at around 8.30AM for Mantralaya and took the usual Gooty, Adoni, Yemmiganur, Mantralaya route. All the route is much better than before. Only one bad patch over the entire route. Reached Mantralaya at around 12PM and got a room.
After darshan and rathotsava stayed there for the night. Next morning at around 11AM started back for Bangalore via same route. Halted at a hotel Raviteja at gooty at around 1.30 for lunch and then reached Bangalore at around 6PM.
Overall this whole route is very good and is recommended one.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks