Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2018, 13:22   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Thanks guys for helping through my queries. I returned yesterday from Mantralaya. Drive was pleasant and took nearly 6:30hrs to reach Mantralaya from Bangalore. Had a hiccup w.r.t traffic near adoni after anantpur from where the 2 lane roads starts. 120kms was mostly on rough patches tar and got stuck for nearly 45mins in a village due to village festival being celebrated and there was mass gathering. Apart from this hiccup or delay, the entire drive was just brilliant.

I stayed in SVG and AC room was in good shape except for AC which was merely in good condition to exhale good cool air.

Just attaching a random pic captured near the windmill enroute Mantralaya somewhere near Pattikonda.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-d9054c29fa6d483c8436f9867538f59c.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 16:31   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
120kms was mostly on rough patches tar and got stuck for nearly 45mins in a village due to village festival being celebrated and there was mass gathering. Apart from this hiccup or delay, the entire drive was just brilliant.
This is another reason why I prefer Veldurthi road. The road from Yemmiganur to Mantralayam is butter smooth and wide. Slower road is only between Veldurthi and Yemmiganur which is around 65KMs. Bangalore to Veldurthi is NH-7 (4 lane). Any village roads (2 lane) are unpredictable and hence best to avoid them as much as possible
Old 13th January 2018, 13:33   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukamath View Post
Hi All,
Dear KAMATH, Did you visit Mantralayam recently ? if so would you mind sharing your travelogue ? I am planning to visit in my car.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2018 at 13:40. Reason: Broken quote fixed. Thanks.
Old 13th January 2018, 17:08   #244
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
if so would you mind sharing your travelogue ? I am planning to visit in my car.
You have quoted a post from July 2016, there are several updates after that on the routes various members have taken including many by @rajivtelang, please read last few pages for the updates.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 10:33   #245
BHPian

I am planning to visit Mantralayam shortly in my Car Any idea about the route from Kurnool to Mantralayam ? and also road conditions

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th January 2018 at 13:33. Reason: Broken quote removed
Old 14th January 2018, 11:15   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This is another reason why I prefer Veldurthi road. The road from Yemmiganur to Mantralayam is butter smooth and wide. ....
Hi /u/rajivtelang, can you please share me the route you are mentioning. I have been planning to go to Mantralaya since 2008, but for the fear of bad roads, I have not made the trip. I am ready to take the longest route if necessary. Please let me know the right route and I will plan my trip based on your inputs. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th January 2018, 13:56   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Hi /u/rajivtelang, can you please share me the route you are mentioning
I presume you are driving from Bangalore. There are two routes to reach Mantralaya via Bangalore - Hyderabad highway. One, take the deviation at Gooty and take adoni- yemmiganur route to Mantralaya. Second, trav till Veldurthi on BLR-HYD highway ( this is further ahead of Gooty) and take a deviation there and reach Mantralaya via Yemmiganur.

Needless to say that BLR-HYD road is in great shape. Roads from Gooty to Mantralaya or Veldurthi to Mantralaya are single roads and narrow. Even though they aren't in bad condition, they would eat away your travel time.
autospeaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 14:49   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Hi /u/rajivtelang, can you please share me the route you are mentioning. I have been planning to go to Mantralaya since 2008, but for the fear of bad roads, I have not made the trip. I am ready to take the longest route if necessary. Please let me know the right route and I will plan my trip based on your inputs. Thanks in advance.
Please refer to my recent previous posts where I have given route details. You can use google maps for tracking.
Veldurthi is on hyd highway. Take a route from veldurthi to laddagiri which further goes to Kodumur. Take a left at circle and continue. In some 400 odd meters you will hit another circle and rake a right here. This goes to Yemmiganur. Here you will find the route from Adoni converging. Then continue to Mantralaya. Straight smooth road.
Only road from veldurthi to kodumur have some 8km odd of narrow roads. One word of causion no matter which so ever road you take, be extra careful on village roads since there will be people around with 2 lane roads.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 14th January 2018 at 14:53.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 16:13   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Please refer to my recent previous posts
How about going via Kurnool I understand the distance is just 74 kms ?

Last edited by ampere : 15th January 2018 at 09:10. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 15th January 2018, 08:43   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
How about going via Kurnool I understand the distance is just 74 kms ?
Assuming you are going from Bangalore, surely you can go via Kurnool. After reaching Kurnool you need to take the left towards Kodumur and then follow same road as I have mentioned below. But geographically you will be traveling north and back to south to reach Kodumur.
If you are thinking about the Sunkesula road that goes to Mantralaya parallel to Tungabhadra river from Kurnool, you need to eliminate that thought, Some BHPian had tried that and mentioned the average speed was 30KMPH on that road.
Going via Veldurthi to Kodumur saves some distance than going via Kurnool. If it takes same time 6.5 to 7 hours from Bangalore via Kurnool (distance will be more compared to any other route), it will be worth trying. Distance via this route from Bangalore is ~460KMs, far more than any other route. Via Veldurthi it is ~425Kms. Adoni routes are ~400-410 KMs

Last edited by ampere : 15th January 2018 at 09:11. Reason: Quoted post fixed
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:44   #251
BHPian

Bangalore (BLR) - Mantralayam (MALM) Route Update:

Just completed this trip on 27Feb-01Mar 2018.

Onward Journey to Mantralaya:
Part 1: Left BLR at 6:45 and stopped for breakfast at Nandi Upachar. Road Conditions: Decent - Very Good.
Part 2: Continued on the BLR-HYD highway all the way till Gooty (via Ananthapur). Reached Gooty at 12:35pm including a small rest stop. Road conditions: Excellent.

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-1_gooty-level-crossing.png

Part 3: After reaching Gooty, took to deviation towards Adoni. Road conditions are average - Safe to do 40-50kmph. Lots of small potholes, uneven roads, and surface is not nice - loose gravel and sand at most places.

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-2_gootyadoni-rd.png

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-2a_gootyadonird.png

Small roads passing through lots of villages. Reached Adoni Bypass at 2pm.

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-3_adoni-bypass.png

Part 4: Adoni to Yemmiganur: Very good 2 lane highway recently made. Quick progress in this section. Reached Yemmiganur by 2:25pm.
Part 5: Yemmiganur to Mantralayam: Very good highway continues. Reached Mantralayam at 2:45pm.

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-4adoniyemmiganur-rd.png

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-4ayammiganurmantralayamrd.png

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-5_yammiganurtown.png

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-6_ymgmlm-toll-plaza.png

Total time taken onward: 8 hours, including a 35 min breakfast stop and a 25 minute rest stop.

Return Journey to BLR:
Part 1: Left Mantralayam by 9:20 am. Good roads till Yemmiganur. Reach Yemmiganur in half an hour.
Part 2: Yemmiganur to Veldurthy/Veldurti via Kodumur: Below Average surface, sparse traffic makes progress easy. Again, speeds of around 40-60kmph. Watch out for villages all over this route. Progress slowly in village limits as people simply walk on to the road without looking! Reached Veldurthy, joining the BLR-HYD Highway at 11:05am (approx 1.5 hours from MALM)

Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries-7_veldurthy.png

Part 3: Veldurthy to BLR: Excellent 4 Laned NH continues all the way till Devenahalli. Swift progress. Reached Bangalore by 5pm, but took 1.5 hours to reach home due to evening traffic.

Food stops:
  1. Breakfast (onward) and tea (return) at Nandi Upachar on the left of the highway while heading towards MALM. Excellent and clean restrooms. Expensive (but worth) food.
  2. Quick Tea/Coffee break at BlueMoon Highway Restaurant. Fast service, Clean Restrooms. Again on the left while heading to HYD. Snack options available now (earlier only meals were available).

Fuel Stops: HP Petrol Bunk at Yemmiganur on the return leg.

Total KM: 820km door-to-door.
Total Toll Fees: 800-900Rs approx. All via FASTAG

Watch out for:
  • Kids jumping on to the road without any clue in the smaller roads once you leave the main highway
  • Lots of speed traps after Anantapur. Stick to the speed limits on the highway after Ananthapur (onward)

Last edited by vsathyap : 3rd March 2018 at 11:50.
vsathyap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 20:40   #252
Senior - BHPian

Yemminganur to Kodumur was in good condition about 6months back when I traveled.
I thought from Kodumur to Veldurthy is the only bad stretch.
Old 9th March 2018, 15:54   #253
BHPian

Folks - assuming I reach mantralaya by afternoon say 1 pm on any given day, what are the things that can be done apart from the Darshana on day 1? Are there any specific time for Darshana or special seva ? Is lunch, dinner served in the temple ? What time does the Darshana start in the mornings next day ?

Sorry too many questions. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2018, 16:29   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - assuming I reach mantralaya by afternoon say 1 pm on any given day, what are the things that can be done apart from the Darshana on day 1?
Yes, Lunch is served everyday in the temple premises till 1.30-2 PM( except on 11 and 12 day of Hindu fortnight calendar). You can visit Panchamukhi and Bichchali temples right after having lunch, the same day. It would be it tiring though, considering the severe summer there.

You can have darshana from 6AM to 12.30PM, and again from 5.30PM to 8.30Pm. Few sevas are there in the morning, but the major ones are in the evening. All 4 charriot sevas start by 7.30PM.
PM me if you need more details. Happy to help.

Last edited by autospeaker : 9th March 2018 at 16:31.
Old 12th March 2018, 13:40   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Yes, Lunch is served everyday in the temple premises till 1.30-2 PM( except on 11 and 12 day of Hindu fortnight calendar). You can visit Panchamukhi and Bichchali temples right after having lunch, the same day. It would be it tiring though, considering the severe summer there.

You can have darshana from 6AM to 12.30PM, and again from 5.30PM to 8.30Pm. Few sevas are there in the morning, but the major ones are in the evening. All 4 charriot sevas start by 7.30PM.
PM me if you need more details. Happy to help.

Thanks much for the info. Will ping you if I need help.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks