Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th March 2021, 10:00   #301
BANNED

Default Re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I used to take this road all those years but the villagers at Gorantla release the sewage water on the road making the whole area messy. I stopped using this road due to that. The depth of sewage water ponds on road becomes unpredictable and could be disastrous for low GC sedans.
Agreed with your concerns here.
When we went about 15 days back, even the sewage had dried up, probably considering the blistering A.P heat.

It is quite disturbing to see that the roads to such a massive pilgrimage place have tarmac this bad. Also, it is painful to see the villagers living here amidst this din and not really caring two hoots about this.
Old 25th March 2021, 10:40   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I agree partially here. I took the road Gooty, Aspari, Adoni on 6-7th of March and found to be OK. I agree there are some bad patches post Pattikonda bypass until Adoni Bypass but quite manageable.
I completely agree with you. Even I took this route in Jan and found to be driveable. There are few bad patches, but definitely manageable.
Old 12th April 2021, 19:36   #303

Completed a day trip to Mantralaya during the Good Friday weekend

Started at 05:30 from Southwest Bangalore (near Mysore road). Took the following route:
Bangalore - Ananthapur - Gooty - Pattikonda - Aspari - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam
As roads were relatively empty, could reach in 6 hrs with a 20 min home packed breakfast break.

Returned using the same route and this time it took 7.5 hrs to reach home with a 30 min restaurant packed lunch break; mainly due to Bangalore city traffic.

Road conditions
1. Bangalore to Gooty: Excellent 4 lane NH
2. Gooty to Pattikonda: Avg road with lot of potholes in the Gooty town. Once you cross Gooty town, the road is manageable 2 lane road.
3. Pattikonda to Aspari: Avg road with recently covered potholes. However, as you near Aspari, the roads are bad with potholes. Good news is, they are repairing this road along with strengthening the shoulders.
4. Aspari to Adoni bypass: Again, Avg road with occasional potholes. Road gets better as you move away from Aspari.
5. Adoni to Mantralaya: Excellent and wide 2 lane roads.

Though a lot of interstate trucks use the Gooty - Adoni stretch, surprised that the road conditions is not good.

Most Viewed