Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mantralayam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
There is a map from Kurnool to Mantralaya as per google map. Did anyone try it? In that case the entire inside routes from Gooty to Mantralaya could be avoided and one can take NH-7 all the way till Kurnool. Any information on this route would be very helpful.
Thanks for this route. Regulars on this route, any idea about the road conditions from Kurnool to Mantralayam please? From the feedback here as latest as Oct end, the Gooty route is not so good. So thinking of taking the Bangalore-Kurnool-Mantralayam route option if the road conditions are good.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:41   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks for this route. Regulars on this route, any idea about the road conditions from Kurnool to Mantralayam please? From the feedback here as latest as Oct end, the Gooty route is not so good. So thinking of taking the Bangalore-Kurnool-Mantralayam route option if the road conditions are good.
The road from Kurnool to Mantralayam is a double road and is decent in terms of tarmac quality. However, it will add 50 km and a couple of tolls in comparison with the Gutty - Adoni route. Also, there might be moderate to heavy traffic as quite a few buses ply between Kurnool - Yemmiganur and Mantralayam.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:54   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
The road from Kurnool to Mantralayam is a double road and is decent in terms of tarmac quality. However, it will add 50 km and a couple of tolls in comparison with the Gutty - Adoni route. Also, there might be moderate to heavy traffic as quite a few buses ply between Kurnool - Yemmiganur and Mantralayam.
Thanks for the quick response Suhas. We are also thinking of doing a single day trip and not stay over there. Your tip about the Mantralayam Central Reception will certainly help us too. And since we are doing this in a day, wanted to stick to good roads as much as possible. If it adds 100kms over all to the trip but can be covered in lesser time owing to good roads, then I would rather do that than suffering bad roads.
Old 3rd November 2015, 20:04   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks for the quick response Suhas. We are also thinking of doing a single day trip and not stay over there. Your tip about the Mantralayam Central Reception will certainly help us too. And since we are doing this in a day, wanted to stick to good roads as much as possible. If it adds 100kms over all to the trip but can be covered in lesser time owing to good roads, then I would rather do that than suffering bad roads.
In all probability, you might take the same time on both the routes Abhinav. The extra distance and tolls on the Kurnool route compensates for the loss of average speeds on the bad sections of the Gutty route. But yes, you will have good roads all the way.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 09:50   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
In all probability, you might take the same time on both the routes Abhinav. The extra distance and tolls on the Kurnool route compensates for the loss of average speeds on the bad sections of the Gutty route. But yes, you will have good roads all the way.
Agree but adding 50KMs on one side will consume say 45min. The distance between Gooty to Mantralayam is somewhere 175KMs and used to take around 2.5 hours on average. Now if the route is bad it may take 3.5 hours. Instead if the route from Kurnool takes the same time I will prefer good roads with same time. Thanks for the updates. Appreciate it.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:21   #156
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Is there any change in the road conditions from Bangalore to Mantralaya due to chennai rains? I will be traveling to Mantralaya mostly over next weekend. Any update on the routes (Bangalore-Gooty-Adoni) or (Bangalore-Kurnool-Yemmiganur) will be very helpful.

Regards
Old 14th December 2015, 09:36   #157
Senior - BHPian

Hi
Visited Mantralaya over weekend from Bangalore. As usual made a stay at Anantapur over Friday night and continued the journey on Saturday morning.
Route Update:
As suggested by BHPians I avoided the Adoni-Yemmiganur road, instead took road from Adoni to Madhawaram. Except for some very slow driving in the Adoni city the road is as good as the Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya route. There are a bit more speed breakers but overall road is very good and highly recommended. Be bit careful in Adoni city since you will find many reckless autos, bikers and even bus drivers as well.
Reached Mantralaya by 12.30PM on Saturday and could get the room in temple's accomodation.
For return journey I took the same road. Started at 11.15 AM on Sunday morning and reached home at around 7.15 PM with total 1 hour of break for lunch etc.
This route adds around 5KM extra compared to the usual Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya route.

Regards
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 09:28   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Visited Mantralaya over weekend from Bangalore. As usual made a stay at Anantapur over Friday night and continued the journey on Saturday morning.
Route Update:
As suggested by BHPians I avoided the Adoni-Yemmiganur road, instead took road from Adoni to Madhawaram.
This route adds around 5KM extra compared to the usual Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya route.

Regards
Hi,

Was there any specific reason you avoided Adoni-Yemmiganur road? As far as I remember, this was a much better option compared to Adoni-Madhawaram-Mantralayam route.
Planning to visit the temple this weekend. Any suggestions, please.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:04   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Hi,

Was there any specific reason you avoided Adoni-Yemmiganur road? As far as I remember, this was a much better option compared to Adoni-Madhawaram-Mantralayam route.
Planning to visit the temple this weekend. Any suggestions, please.
There was road widening work ongoing between Adoni-Yemmiganur road. This may lead you to spend almost 30min-1hour for 8km. Not aware of the latest status but when I visited that was the case. Also the route Adoni-Madhawaram adds hardly any extra time/distance (~5km extra) but you need to go through Adoni town for 2-3 KM. This route is also equally good as far as road condition is concerned.

But if everything is fine then Adoni-Yemmiganur road is the best option.
Old 25th February 2016, 12:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
There was road widening work ongoing between Adoni-Yemmiganur road. This may lead you to spend almost 30min-1hour for 8km. Not aware of the latest status but when I visited that was the case. Also the route Adoni-Madhawaram adds hardly any extra time/distance (~5km extra) but you need to go through Adoni town for 2-3 KM. This route is also equally good as far as road condition is concerned.

But if everything is fine then Adoni-Yemmiganur road is the best option.
Returned y'day from Mantralaya. I was in an Airawata and it wobbled quite a bit till Yemmiganuru. Construction work is still going on and a lot of bridges are not completely done and he was taking detours at every bridge and the journey was painfully slow. Perhaps its good to take Madhawaram route for the next few months.

Two kind of related items:

1. Renovation activity has been taken up inside the sanctum sanctorum. Except for the roof on top of the three main brindavanas, the walls etc., are all removed. Construction workers, equipment (including a tractor and a crane), debris, stone-cutting etc., are all going on. It'd get tricky on a busy day (Thu) or weekends.

2. Some truck was stuck under the railway bridge before Gooty (when coming from Mantralaya), so the Volvo took Mantralaya-Adoni-Alur-Guntakal-Anantapura. The road appeared OK (I was in the first row), except for speed breakers at both ends of every village. Any BHPian tried this route (shorter by a 10-12kms per Google maps)? Would there be a reason to take this instead of going via Gooty?

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 15:34   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Some truck was stuck under the railway bridge before Gooty (when coming from Mantralaya), so the Volvo took Mantralaya-Adoni-Alur-Guntakal-Anantapura. The road appeared OK (I was in the first row), except for speed breakers at both ends of every village. Any BHPian tried this route (shorter by a 10-12kms per Google maps)? Would there be a reason to take this instead of going via Gooty?

Prasad
This road is also good. From Mantralayam-Adoni and continue on the same road for 1 km and take a left to Alur >Chippagiri> Guntakal. The road is newly laid and is good for most part. However, as you mentioned, the one railway underbridge is still a concern and when you enter Guntakal, you will pass through some narrow lanes before you hit the wide roads again. Lots of Speedbreakers on the stretch inside Guntakal. Once you cross the town, the roads is a two lane without dividers (good tarmac) till Gooty, when you reach the Hyd-Blr Highway.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th February 2016 at 16:35. Reason: Fixing quotes.
MSMILES is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 19:29   #162
BHPian

Just to update the other route to Mantralayam, I followed the route suggested by Google Maps
Bangalore - Gooty - Dhone - Veldurthi - Laddagiri - Kodumur - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam
The road is very good till Yemmiganur. As the road construction is being carried out between Yemmiganur to Mantralayam, the road from Yemmiganur to Mantralayam is bit bumpy. Road condition is very good and can be completed in about 6 Hrs from Bangalore to Mantralayam either direction. Expect speed breaker before villages in between Veludurthi to Mantralayam.

Food Options: Limited but some fuel stations along with restaurants were seen near Gooty like Ghar Dhaba, A1 Food Plaza and Blue Moon Highway Restaurant, I saw some cars were parked during lunch hour. Can be an option. I haven't visited them, but saw them as options.
carlosTHEjackal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 12:52   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Visiting Mantralaya over coming weekend. Any updates on the usual Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur road? Has anybody traveled recently?

If conditions are not improved will take the Veldurthi-Kodmur-Yemmiganur road as suggested by CarlosTheJackal. I will be traveling with my wife and 5 year old daughter so fastest and shortest road is preferred. Considering all possibilities more time spent on NH-7 is always better since the road is excellent.

Please provide your inputs.

Regards
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:27   #164
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Visited Mantralaya over the weekend. Took the route suggested by CarlosTheJackal i.e. Veldurthi-Kodumur-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam both ways. The road is narrow at places between Laddagiri and Kodumur. One needs to be careful while allowing the oncoming vehicle to pass. Also overtaking a bus/tractor is another complex task. But people allow you to pass by giving enough room.
Road between Yemmiganur and Mantralaya is under construction but wherever it is completed the driving is a nice experience. Still not able to get the status of road condition between Adoni and Yemmiganur.
This road took around 6 and half hours of driving time from Bangalore. It is a good and fast road though it adds around 20+ KM to usual Adoni route on either side.

Regards
Old 15th July 2016, 10:00   #165
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Any updates on the road condition between Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya?

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks