Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2024, 22:00   #346

Re: Bangalore to Velankanni : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Mumbai-Salem is all time and tested. Beyond Salem: Please lots of construction around Chidambaram/Sirkazhi area. I would suggest a slight detour.

Salem-Karur-Trichy-Tanjore-Mannargudi-Thiruthuraipoondi-Velankanni.

What I can suggest is plan your break in such a way that you take a break in Salem. And start the next day.

Maybe Mumbai to Davanagere. And Davanagere to Salem.
Thank You Ampere. I will definitely check this route out as well. If possible, could you please share a Google Map link to the route you've suggested?

I would totally want to avoid any confusing diversions at unknown places due to constructions. I remember last time, when I crossed Salem and got off the highway to join the Mettupalayam - Cuddalore Road I think, there was a left diversion and a speed breaker right after that, where I jumped my car over it and woke my family from their sleep. That was terrible indeed, a biker who crossed me before was found in a bad state as he too jumped the speed breaker and fell of his bike. This was at around 11.45 pm at night. Also, after reaching Chidambaram, driving was really a pain with the amount of diversions and a road full of dust and gravel that came my way till I joined the highway that takes you to Nagapattinam (it's called the ECR if I'm not wrong). Hence, safety is the utmost priority at all times.

Mumbai - Devnagari and Devnagari - Velankanni sounds nice, I will check that out as well.
Old 9th May 2024, 22:33   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus12 View Post
Thank You Ampere. I will definitely check this route out as well. If possible, could you please share a Google Map link to the route you've suggested?
Route link

Quote:
I would totally want to avoid any confusing diversions at unknown places due to constructions. I remember last time, when I crossed Salem and got off the highway to join the Mettupalayam - Cuddalore Road I think, there was a left diversion and a speed breaker right after that, where I jumped my car over it and woke my family from their sleep.
From Salem, drive on the 4-lane towards Madurai via Namakkal and Karur. Once you cross Cauvery and the go past Karur, you will see exit to Trichy.

Take that highway and look for exit to Tanjore. Take the Tanjore bypass and exit for Mannargudi. Rest is straight forward. Roads are all good.

Once lets check status of Karur-Trichy section on the Bangalore-Trichy thread. If you start early from Salem you can easily make to Velnakanni by 1200/1300.

Last edited by ampere : 10th May 2024 at 06:08.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 23:11   #348

Quote:
Route Link

From Salem, drive on the 4-lane towards Madurai via Namakkal and Karur. Once you cross Cauvery and the go just past Karur, you will see exit to Trichy.

Take that highway and look for exit to Tanjore. Take the Tanjore bypass and exit for Mannargudi. Rest is straight forward. Roads are all good.

Once lets check status of Karur-Trichy section on the Bangalore-Trichy stretch. If you start early from Salem you can easily make to Velnakanni by 1200/1300.
Thanks A Ton!! This is really helpful. Will definitely drop an update once I'm back from Velankanni.

I checked the route link you shared but it shows an outlet named "BLR Brewing Co" for some reason. I hope I have not being opening it the wrong way

Last edited by ampere : 10th May 2024 at 06:09. Reason: Fixed link in quoted post
Justus12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 06:05   #349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus12 View Post
Thanks A Ton!! This is really helpful. Will definitely drop an update once I'm back from Velankanni.

I checked the route link you shared but it shows an outlet named "BLR Brewing Co" for some reason. I hope I have not being opening it the wrong way
Sorry I have no idea what happened . I tried 3 times, I got 3 different links! Finally I fixed! Can you check again?

PS: And of all the links we get to see the very link to a place/entity which the forum stands against while driving!

Last edited by ampere : 10th May 2024 at 06:07.
Old 10th May 2024, 09:14   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Route link

From Salem, drive on the 4-lane towards Madurai via Namakkal and Karur. Once you cross Cauvery and the go past Karur, you will see exit to Trichy.

Once lets check status of Karur-Trichy section on the Bangalore-Trichy thread. If you start early from Salem you can easily make to Velnakanni by 1200/1300.
Does the other route via Musiri have road works? There is an alternate route as well via Kannanur which I took last year to avoid the Musiri road due to roadworks. The Karur route is longer from what I know and ends up going through a part of Trichy.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 09:48   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Does the other route via Musiri have road works? There is an alternate route as well via Kannanur which I took last year to avoid the Musiri road due to roadworks. The Karur route is longer from what I know and ends up going through a part of Trichy.
In the Bangalore-Trichy thread I saw the update that Namakkal - Thotiyam is a 4-lane. Also the Thuraiyur route awesome as well. But for some one driving from Mumbai, I was thinking it wont be apt to suggest him to go into Namakkal town and find these roads. Its much better to stick to the main highways.

See this post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5766585 (Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks