Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2024, 09:24   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Toll gate - Nochiyam - Manchanallur Bypass - Pagalvadi - Kannanur
I took this route partly visiting Thiruvellarai from Gunaseelam. From Pagalavadi went towards Thuraiyur and Perambalur.

Atleast till Thuraiyur I don't find much difference in terms of traffic. There is a fair amount of 2-wheeler and some big vehicle traffic all along, which isn't any bit different from Tollgate-Musiri stretch.

Thuraiyur-Perambalur on the other hand was minimal traffic-wide roads and a pleasure to drive.
Old 30th January 2024, 12:32   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I took this route partly visiting Thiruvellarai from Gunaseelam. From Pagalavadi went towards Thuraiyur and Perambalur.

Atleast till Thuraiyur I don't find much difference in terms of traffic. There is a fair amount of 2-wheeler and some big vehicle traffic all along, which isn't any bit different from Tollgate-Musiri stretch.
Nochiyam to Namakkal has more bus and lorry traffic and between Nochiyam to Musiri is twisty roads and have to drive with caution especially overtaking.

Nochiyam- Pagalvadi - Sendamangalam - Budan sandai The bus traffic is less and more or less straight roads but speed breakers near villages that is there even in Musiri Thottiyam route.

As a long distance drive to Hyderabad Pagalvadi route saves close to 30 to 40 mins in running time and eliminates Namakkal town traffic.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 19:26   #918

Any stay recommendations for Trichy? Planning to visit with family and kids. Mainly two places to target: Samayapuram and Srirangam.
Old 7th February 2024, 19:53   #919
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selva2306 View Post
Any stay recommendations for Trichy? Planning to visit with family and kids. Mainly two places to target: Samayapuram and Srirangam.
Try the SRM hotel. Nice place to stay and huge parking space.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 00:56   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selva2306 View Post
If you are looking for an accommodation near the Srirangam Temple then Hotel Vignesh Residency is also a good option. It is very close to the South Gopuram (the largest or tallest gopuram).

The rooms are well laid and it is well maintained.
The hotel has an attached Restaurant as well (which closes soon or atleast runs out of many options if you are late) , but the food is good and appears to be hygienic.

Thank you
BIL2_HGi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:16   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Try the SRM hotel. Nice place to stay and huge parking space.
For destinations as Srirangam and Samayapuram. Staying closer to Central Bus Stand with the present status quo of the Trichy bypass traffic situation is a terrible idea.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:32   #922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
For destinations as Srirangam and Samayapuram. Staying closer to Central Bus Stand with the present status quo of the Trichy bypass traffic situation is a terrible idea.
I find it better to hire a cab and visit these temples. Especially Srirangam. In such case the location of hotel does not matter much. (I have done it myself. It works well and gives more choice to hotel selection)

Given the pile-up because of the problem in the bridge thats a different problem.
Old 16th February 2024, 17:05   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Given the pile-up because of the problem in the bridge thats a different problem.
Two weeks back I got stuck on this stretch for around 30 minutes. The traffic was very bad.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 05:23   #924
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Two weeks back I got stuck on this stretch for around 30 minutes. The traffic was very bad.
I agree, that's why I meant its different problem. To avoid this if we chose some thing near bus stand even then, within city its better to avoid self transportation. In fact two months back, we had done the exact. We stayed in SRM and visited Srirangam and that too on the most auspicious day when the crowds would be maximum (Vaikunta Ekadeshi). It worked out well and we reached the hotel back in 30 min. Only later did I hear about the traffic pile up post this.

Also the other point I have realised is that in such cases again it's better to have a local cab who will figure a better solution to the problem at that instant in time. Hence I usually tend to avoid driving within a different city if I can.

Last edited by ampere : 17th February 2024 at 05:24.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks