Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2020, 20:47   #766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Destination is near Central Bus stand
For a Central bus stand destination, stick to Namakkal, Musiri route all the way to Number 1 tollgate. You can take the bypass all the way till TVS tollgate (same place you exit for Dindigul, Grand Gardenia). Hopefully Aristo junction is fixed now.
--
Karur road takes you near Chatram, and I expect Google Maps to throw up a spoon and let you drive through the city, which isn't an exciting prospect

Last edited by narayans80 : 29th February 2020 at 20:49.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 09:22   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I took the Karur route as I had some time constraint. This route was excellent all through. The challenge was from Chathiram bus stand to Central bus stand, google took me via some narrow roads, thankfully the traffic was less.

I was targeting 5-6 hours but it took me only 4 hours and 15 minutes to reach the city limit (Non stop), thanks to less traffic and empty tolls. Another 20-25 minutes to reach Central bus stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Karur road takes you near Chatram, and I expect Google Maps to throw up a spoon and let you drive through the city, which isn't an exciting prospect
Yes, via Musiri will help to cross the city via the bypass.

Next time will try the Musiri route.
Old 18th October 2020, 10:31   #768
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Recently did Trichy-Bangalore (Route: Nochiyam-Pagalavadi-Kannanur-Senthamangalam-Budhan Santhai-Namakkal-Salem)

Avoided Kulithalai-Trichy stretch, as I heard road expansion work is going on and is very slow.

Started from Trichy at 9 AM and reached Bangalore (Kasavanahalli) by 4 PM on a Sunday with 1 hour lunch break at Hosur A2B (near Chennai Silks).

Road Conditions
  • Connecting road between Pagalvadi and Kannanur is re-laid recently and is in excellent condition.
  • Mannachanallur bypass works are in progress and will be completed soon, within a month or so. With that, we shall avoid the small town completely.
  • Kannanur-Senthamangalam - its bumpy and bad is some places, but totally manageable.
  • I took me 2 hrs to reach Budhan Santhai from Trichy with leisured driving (aka 80 kmph mostly) as the traffic is minimal.
Observations - (my first regular trip in this stretch post lockdown)
  • Most of the highway hotels are operational - checked my usual ones - Soolagiri A2B, Thoppur A2B/Sai Sangeeth, Rasipuram A2B.
  • Bus traffic is very minimal but two wheelers and four wheelers are unusually high, which is understandable. Trucks - usual numbers.
  • No checks while crossing KA border from TN at Attibele (Zuzuvadi checkpost), but observed that on the other side, TN Police was checking for e-Passes after Attibele to enter TN but just in that one place. No checks anywhere in TN after crossing the border.
  • Bangalore traffic is very high (like pre-covid era) and had to wait almost 15 mins to take right at Parppana Agrahara signal.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:50   #769
BHPian

Hi
I have a travel plan next week to Trichy.

In this covid situation, major issue in long drive has been rest rooms for my mom and wife.

Any suggestions for good and quality restaurants or stop by places in this route.
Old 18th November 2020, 13:28   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
Hi
I have a travel plan next week to Trichy.

In this covid situation, major issue in long drive has been rest rooms for my mom and wife.

Any suggestions for good and quality restaurants or stop by places in this route.
Did a Trichy trip over the Diwali weekend.

A lot places are available depending on where you plan to stop. We had an early start so stopped only at the Namakkal A2B for breakfast/ restroom. Fairly clean. For a earlier stop there is Sree Saravana Bhavan just post Krishnagiri and Sai Sangeet in Thoppur. However not sure how good the restrooms are here.

On the way back we stopped at Salem Saravana Bhavan just before the Omalur toll for breakfast and restroom. Good part is this had outdoor seating so we could eat in the restaurant itself while in A2B we took parcel and ate in the car. Restrooms were decent too.
Old 18th November 2020, 15:42   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Did a Trichy trip over the Diwali weekend.

A lot places are available depending on where you plan to stop. We had an early start so stopped only at the Namakkal A2B for breakfast/ restroom. Fairly clean. For a earlier stop there is Sree Saravana Bhavan just post Krishnagiri and Sai Sangeet in Thoppur. However not sure how good the restrooms are here.

On the way back we stopped at Salem Saravana Bhavan just before the Omalur toll for breakfast and restroom. Good part is this had outdoor seating so we could eat in the restaurant itself while in A2B we took parcel and ate in the car. Restrooms were decent too.
Thanks Anand. I am bit relived now.

We are planning to pack our food but clean rest rooms were concern. I know A2B were crowded during pre covid era. Hope they are maintaining it properly now.
Old 19th November 2020, 11:30   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quick update on the road conditions.

Traveled last weekend.

Banglore to Namakkal.
Four lane good conditions of the roads. Salem all flyovers open in the bypass and is a bliss to cross the town.

Namakkal to Thottiyam.

Namakkal town before you enter the flyover it has huge speed breaker as I traveled in the night could not spot it huge thud and landed back on the road. Thereafter good condition of the roads can maintain good speeds this was in the night.

Thottiyam to Musiri

Rough patches but manageable slow down at all the entry point of the small towns as speed breakers are in place.

Musiri to Trichy.

Very good conditions of the road.

To summarise totally no potholes throughout the stretch.Slow down at the entry and exit of the small towns due to speed breakers

On the way back I tried Trichy Musiri Kulithalai Karur as I wanted to avoid the road widening work between Kulithalai and Trichy. Roads are in good condition

Last edited by gajadonga : 19th November 2020 at 11:35.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 17:47   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Quick update on the road conditions.
On the way back I tried Trichy Musiri Kulithalai Karur as I wanted to avoid the road widening work between Kulithalai and Trichy. Roads are in good condition
Thanks for the update. How much time did it take from Bangalore to Trichy. Did you guys stop for food? Any suggestions for neat place for food?
Old 20th November 2020, 13:50   #774
Senior - BHPian

As I was driving from Hyderabad just a refuel break at Macdonald in Shoolagiri and another 5 mins break for exchange of driving with my son at Namakkal. Neat washrooms at Macdonalds Shoolagiri.
Better to carry home food in the Covid times.
Old 4th January 2021, 11:50   #775
Senior - BHPian

On Dec 27th, 2020, did my usual yearly trip to Pillayarpatti near Karaikudi.

Bangalore-Trichy-Pudukkottai-Pillayarpatti => All throughout roads are very good. No complaints.

For Bangalore trichy section, after namakkal, i took Thuraiyur road, as it was quite long since i took it last. Surprisingly even after heavy rains/monsoon, all throughout the roads are in excellent condition and are newly laid in many places. Overall, it was a very smooth drive from Bangalore to Trichy.
And as usual, was able to do Namakkal-Trichy 90 kms in 90 minutes. It was more peaceful with very less traffic. The good thing is that Kannanur-Pagalavadi section is widened now to a 2L road and it is no longer a single road. Though there will be hardly any vehicles in that section, now we don't have to get down to give way as it is much broader now.

Also, there is a new by-pass for Manachanallur which is ready to open. Since it was not open when i traveled, i had to get into the small town which had bad roads inside. It just takes 2 to 3 minutes to cross, so not a big problem. Next time, people can directly take the by-pass and avoid going inside the town.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 21:34   #776
Senior - BHPian

Took Trichy-Musiri. Road seems to be recently resurfaced and is in excellent condition.
Old 12th July 2021, 12:13   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took Trichy-Musiri. Road seems to be recently resurfaced and is in excellent condition.
Good to know. With Cauvery in full flow, it must be a delight to see/drive along the banks.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 20:13   #778
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Via the northern bank or via southern bank through kulithalai ?
Also, any idea of the road condition musiri-thottiyam-namakkal ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:28   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Via the northern bank or via southern bank through kulithalai ?
Sorry it wasn't clear. I meant the northern bank via Tollgate-Nochiyam-Gunaseelam as Ravi correctly guessed

This was a Madras-Trichy-Musiri drive, so no idea beyond Musiri towards Namakkal.
Old 14th July 2021, 14:42   #780
Senior - BHPian

Always the roads from Namakkal to Thottiayam is in good condition.
Thottiayam to Musiri and toll gate is the issue. This road is very twisty and many blind corners. Overtaking will be difficult in case a local state transport bus or lorry is ahead of you especially after Thottiayam to toll gate.

Most Viewed