Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2016, 22:20   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
folks, quick help with info please.
From Salem, you have to take the road that leads to Madurai. If you go on this route, diversion to Namakkal is clearly mentioned. Namakkal is approx 245 kms from Bangalore. Easily doable in about 4-4.5 hrs Better take change for Rs 2000 before driving on the highways. Not sure if the toll booth operators will give you change for Rs 2000.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 14:42. Reason: trimmed quoted post
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 01:47   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quick update : Roads between Namakkal to Trichy

Namakkal to Thottiyam : Good condition no pot holes.
Thottiyam to Musiri : About 2 to 3 kms of rough surface of roads otherwise in good condition.
Musiri to Srirangam : Good roads throughout

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 14:42. Reason: Formatted post
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 03:58   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Quick update
Great update The resurfacing was done 3-4 months back. The lack of rains from NE monsoon have ensured roads remained the same
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 09:42   #679
BHPian

Thank you gentlemen for your inputs, i had no difficulty in noticing the directions on the way. We left home at 6:15 am and in about 2 hours reached Sai Sangeet, enjoyed great breakfast. after a 45 minute halt resumed journey and reached my destination at Namakkal at 11 am. during the onward journey we faced a bottle neck at one of the toll booths; I think it was krishnagiri.

Left Namakkal at 2:30 and on the way back, at the same toll booth experience yet another jam and this time had to wait for one hour. Over except for that , the drive was pleasant.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 14:41.
Old 13th December 2016, 14:38   #680
BHPian

I need to travel to Trichy from Bangalore tomorrow morning. Any news/updates on the weather situation there?
Old 13th December 2016, 17:40   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
I need to travel to Trichy from Bangalore tomorrow morning. Any news/updates on the weather situation there?
SO I postponed my plans after hearing that heavy rains are predicted in North interior TN and SOuth Karnataka
Old 16th December 2016, 10:20   #682
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
SO I postponed my plans after hearing that heavy rains are predicted in North interior TN and SOuth Karnataka
Trichy should be OK. It should be that bad as it is near the coast.
Old 16th December 2016, 12:26   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Trichy is as dry as a bone! We didn't get a single raindrop from the Vardha cyclone. There might be a few showers in krishnagiri or Salem but nothing to worry.
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 13:14   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Trichy is as dry as a bone! We didn't get a single raindrop from the Vardha cyclone. There might be a few showers in krishnagiri or Salem but nothing to worry.
Agres with sunsetorange. The cyclone made landfall near Madras and there is little to affect Trichy. There are only isolated rains predicted, which is pretty normal for this time of the year.

Even in Madras city, business is back as usual, except that internet and consequently card payments are affected. Power is still being restored at some places.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 13:27   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Yes I was worried more about the route there in Krishnagiri and Salem with lot of rains around bangalore.

anyway It was not necessary to travel this week and I am travelling next week
Old 22nd December 2016, 22:22   #686
BHPian

Bangalore Krishnagiri via Bagalur onto Trichy

Just saw that there is a route from Bangalore to Krishnagiri via Sarjapur, Bagalur, Vepanapalli, Kodipalli. Wondering if this is a good road to avoid tolls. Never been on this road so not sure if they are in decent shape or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am planning to travel down south to Trichy/Madurai this coming week and I thought it would be a good way to prevent being stuck in the tolls (at least avoid a couple).

PS: Any experiences with FastTag. Are the FastTag lanes managed better?
Old 23rd December 2016, 03:39   #687
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Krishnagiri via Bagalur onto Trichy

Am aware of the route from Bagalur until Shoolagiri. Not sure it goes all the way to Krishnagiri and its condition.

A known route to avoid tolls is doing Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur-Rayakottai-Palacode-Dharmapuri. But its a slower route, works only for saving tolls.
Old 23rd December 2016, 18:18   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Am aware of the route from Bagalur until Shoolagiri. Not sure it goes all the way to Krishnagiri and its condition.

A known route to avoid tolls is doing Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur-Rayakottai-Palacode-Dharmapuri. But its a slower route, works only for saving tolls.
Thanks for the route. I thought of avoiding the tolls since I have heard that it seems to be real crowded the last month or so. Not sure if the savings in time would be worth it. Will give it a try if I start late .
Old 26th December 2016, 11:59   #689
BHPian

I had ridden this route a few years back and the road was good then. However, it joins the NH before Krishnagiri toll, so you cant escape it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentra26 View Post
Just saw that there is a route from Bangalore to Krishnagiri via Sarjapur, Bagalur, Vepanapalli, Kodipalli. Wondering if this is a good road to avoid tolls. Never been on this road so not sure if they are in decent shape or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am planning to travel down south to Trichy/Madurai this coming week and I thought it would be a good way to prevent being stuck in the tolls (at least avoid a couple).

PS: Any experiences with FastTag. Are the FastTag lanes managed better?

Last edited by slakhs : 26th December 2016 at 12:01.
Old 26th December 2016, 22:38   #690
BHPian

Thanks. What about the Bangalore - Attibelle - Rayakottai - Dharmapuri road. Is that better? It seems to avoid most tolls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks