Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 15:32   #826
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Namakkal - Thottiyam - Musiri/Kulithalai Route update:
Here are some route updates. Post-Namakkal town (after a few kilometers from Namakkal Outer road towards Trichy)
Road surfaces are broken and small and medium potholes for the recent rains until Musiri/Kulithalai. A few places are ok and a few places are not ok/not good.
It can be manageable for a speed between 60Km-80Km Speeds but not very bad. Night travel, you will be in extra caution for new travelers.
If road repairs or new patches do not take place on this road in the next 1-6 months it will be in the very worst condition.
I took the road via Kulithalai to reach Trichy. Not sure about via Musiri Road. I believe road surfaces are smooth via Musiri until Tollgate 1 to reach Trichy Outer ring road aka Chennai bypass(NH44).
JacksonStorm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 04:36   #827
BHPian

I have a Bangalore-Srirangam round trip coming up this Wednesday. Which is best route after Namakkal?

Google Maps has suggested different routes at different times when I checked this past week.

Namakkal -> Thottiyam -> Musiri -> Srirangam

Namakkal -> Thottiyam -> Kulithalai -> Srirangam

Namakkal -> Vazhapadi -> Attur -> Perambalur -> Samayapuram -> Srirangam

Even if its more distance and time, I would prefer better road surface. Given this, which route would be best?

Thanks in advance
Old 6th June 2022, 05:53   #828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinpune View Post

Even if its more distance and time, I would prefer better road surface. Given this, which route would be best?
None of the above: I would suggest: Namakkal-Karur-Trichy
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 09:16   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you've driven narrow 2-lane roads. You would manage this one. You'll have to take it at 60-70 with bursts of 80 for overtaking.

Namakkal-Kannanur-Thuraiyur-Nochiyam-No. 1 Tollgate-Srirangam is another alternative that is entirely 2-laned.

Quote:
Not much difference unless your destination is close to Chatram than Srirangam.

Quote:
If you meant V-Koot Road-Veppur-No. 1 Tollgate-Srirangam, then this is the longest alongisde Karur-Kulithalai-Chatram route that ampere suggested.

These routes are an hour detour with ~ 20-30 km of 2-lanes, remaining are 4-laned. V-Koot-Veppur will get you wider 2-lanes without traffic. Pettavathalai-Chatram has traffic.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:35   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Bangalore-Srirangam round trip coming up this Wednesday. Which is best route after Namakkal?

Google Maps has suggested different routes at different times when I checked this past week.

Thanks in advance
It depends on what kind of drive you prefer.

If you really prefer maximum 4L road and little/narrow 2L road, take Karur route as ampere suggested as 4th option which is longer in distance. Do note that, it takes you to Chatram bus stand /Karur bypass road and then you cross Kaveri river to reach srirangam.

I won't recommend 3rd option as many places in Perambalur district are not that great.
1st & 2nd options are okay, but heavy in traffic.
If you prefer less traffic drive with good 2L roads, then 5th option is to take Namakkal- Thuraiyur road-Thathayyangarpetti-Pagalavadi-Kannanur-Manachanallur-No. 1 Toll gate-SriRangam.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 14:57   #831
BHPian

Guys -
I got a trip to Namakkal this weekend. I see everyone talk about route beyond Namakkal and nothing till here. I assume the road is smooth till Namakkal. Any thoughts?

Any suggestions for good food after Krishnagiri. A2B near Krishnagiri will be too early for lunch.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:28   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
I assume the road is smooth till Namakkal. Any thoughts?
It is on NH7. For food, it depends on when you are leaving. There are no dearth of food options.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:49   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
It is on NH7. For food, it depends on when you are leaving. There are no dearth of food options.
Thanks. I am planning to leave after breakfast at home and should be around dharmapuri at lunch time.

Any recommendations around it? I would plan my start time based on that option.
Old 19th July 2022, 21:57   #834
Senior - BHPian

Sai Sangeeth that comes to your right after Dharmapuri could be a good vegetarian option. This is just near the Thoppur toll. Else, there are plenty more before/at/after Salem too.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:12   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
Thanks. I am planning to leave after breakfast at home and should be around dharmapuri at lunch time.
If you leave Bangalore after breakfast. Am sure you'll be well past Dharmapuri by lunch.

We did Namakkal to Hosur in little over 3 hours without much effort.

There are are options like Aasai Dosai Saravana, Aasai Aasai Ananda Bhavan. There are couple of A2Bs between Salem and Namakkal
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:23   #836
Senior - BHPian

Like narayan said, if you are leaving Bangalore after breakfast, you will cross Dharmapuri much sooner in 2.5 hours. The next logical stop for lunch is Rasipuram A2B right in the NH itself or even Namakkal A2B given atleast 4 hours gap.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 18:18   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
None of the above: I would suggest: Namakkal-Karur-Trichy
Your recommendation was on the mark. Onwards I took Thottiyam Musiri route as Google showed less time and I was in a rush so took it. The roads were quite bad after Namakkal. On the way back I took the Karur route. The roads were really good. Would recommend the Karur route even if takes slightly more time.
lifeinpune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 20:32   #838
Team-BHP Support

No one drove to Trichy recently via Karur? If so please do snap out the Cauvery in full flow at Mayanoor and Musiri! Mettur released lot of water and it must a sight for the eyes to see this section full again!

This was last week:

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...e-2478000.html

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2022 at 08:24.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 17:04   #839
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No one drove to Trichy recently via Karur? If so please do snap out the Cauvery in full flow at Mayanoor and Musiri! Mettur released lot of water and it must a sight for the eyes to see this section
I drove from Karur to Chennai through Trichy. Yes, there is a full flow of water, and it is beautiful to watch.

The Karur-Trichy segment, however, has been completed and is a fine road up till the Kudumuruti Bridge.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:01   #840
BHPian

Dear All,

I'm based in Bangalore and planning a temple trip to TN in first week of October. Plan is to start from Srirangam and move eastwards. Above route suggestions are extremely useful, i have a question though:

After the usual route till Namakkal, Google shows highway upto Mohanur, beyond which there's no highway, but smaller roads upto Karur.

My question is: should i take a deviation from Mudulaipatti, follow the highway via Rasampalyam - Konur - Manmangalam - Vadivel Nagar - Karur - Srirangam (use NH81)?

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks