Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 00:42   #886
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

I did Thuraiyur road-Thatthayangarpettai-Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Manachanallur towards Trichy during weekend. Perfect route to Trichy given the current road works on the Musiri route.
sunil_k_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 14:58   #887
BHPian

Yes, Kannanur-Pagalvadi is much better choice than usual Musiri route, but ensure you have maps on all the way, especially if you are heading towards Trichy, even if you are a regular in this route.
The road between Senthamangalam - Namakkal is being widened and the turn to Alanganatham Junction (the usual route) has now become relatively small and difficult to notice with no signboards and you may miss this, which would take you to Namakkal. Last time I missed the road (I usually drive without maps being a regular in this route) and have to circle back.

During my last drive, I took Namakkal-Karur-Trichy, which takes same time or slightly faster than Thuraiyur option, but it is 30+ kms long and Rs 115 more tolls.
Take this, if you prefer to drive in wider roads all the way with minimal twists/turns as Thuraiyur route has few bad/rough stretches and more twisty roads, though it has minimal traffic.
nfsfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 19:25   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Stick to Kannanur Pagalavadi route eyes closed. No good reason to take Thottiyam to Musiri route now as the work is still in progress.

-Ravi
Thanks all for your inputs. Will be travelling next week and would report back if anything new.
Old 30th June 2023, 12:32   #889
BHPian

Dear Tribe,
I plan a temple trip next weekend. (Sat going and Sunday return)
Ecity-Tricy-Ecity

I wish to cover the following temples:
Shri Ranganathaswamy Temple
Sri Jambukeswarar Temple
Brahmapureeswarar temple
Vekkali Amman Temple
Gunaseelam Prasanna Venkatachalapathy

Kindly guide me as to what could/should be the ideal itinerary for my trip. Which route to take?
What all temples can be covered and what not (in all practical sense).

We are staying in Srirangam. Kindly suggest good places to eat - looking out for vegetarian and economic options without compromising hygiene and quality.

Kindly guide!

Thank you and Best Regards

Last edited by BIL2_HGi10 : 30th June 2023 at 12:33. Reason: Adding a question on route. Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:32   #890
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIL2_HGi10 View Post
Dear Tribe,
I plan a temple trip next weekend. (Sat going and Sunday return)
Ecity-Tricy-Ecity

I wish to cover the following temples:
Shri Ranganathaswamy Temple
Sri Jambukeswarar Temple
Brahmapureeswarar temple
Vekkali Amman Temple
Gunaseelam Prasanna Venkatachalapathy

Kindly guide me as to what could/should be the ideal itinerary for my trip. Which route to take?
What all temples can be covered and what not (in all practical sense).

We are staying in Srirangam. Kindly suggest good places to eat - looking out for vegetarian and economic options without compromising hygiene and quality.

Kindly guide!

Thank you and Best Regards
I'm assuming that you reach Srirangam by 2:00 PM or so on saturday.

I see in your plan 2 big temples of Chola architecture that need atleast 3 hrs each.

My suggestion will be
Saturday evening 5:00 to 7:00 PM - visit Thiruvanaikoil Jambukeswarar temple, then head to Vekkali amman temple have darshan and retire by night 10 PM at Srirangam hotel. (If the saturday evening you visit is a Pradhosham day then your plan may go for a toss)

Sunday - Early morning (5:30 AM sharp enter through at Vellai gopuram of Srirangam, then head to Arya Bhattal vaasal for Ranganatha Darshan then head from there to Thayar Sannidhi). 5:30 to 7:00 AM is when first darshan opens and closes. If you're punctual you can finish both before say 7:30 AM on sunday. Stroll around in temple later. Have sumptuous breakfast at Manis Cafe just outside temple Renga Gopuram. Go to your hotel, take your car and then head to Brahmapureeswarar temple from there head straight to Bengaluru.

If you start as early as 4 am from B'lore on saturday morning, finish Gunaseelam before you head to Trichy and head to Srirangam hotel stay.

Important:
1. Many eateries are around Srirangam like Rengas Bhavan in Amma mandapam road, RS hotel, Manis Cafe, Hotel Madapalli, Archana's Annalakshmi near Gopuram which are Pure Veg and are good.
2. If you can visit Hotel Parthasarathy Vilas before or after Darshan on Saturday evening at Thiruvanaikoil, try to have Special butter dosa. That one is simply the best .
3. Hire an auto/cab for Saturday evening from Srirangam. Not worth taking your car there. If possible take a cab to Vekkali amman Koil and back to hotel Srirangam.
4. On sunday morning too take an auto to go to vellai gopuram.
5. Be prepared to walk, walk, walk on two days as you're planning a lot.
6. RedTaxi app works better than Ola here in Trichy.
KPR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 18:53   #891
Team-BHP Support

Start Sat early morning say 330/4AM Visit Gunaseelam on the way.

Settle at the hotel. Post lunch like KPR mentioned, visit Thiruvanaikovil and Vekkali Amman.

Sunday early morning visit Sri Rangam, check out from the hotel pack your bags, load up the car and head to Tirupatur and drive back via: Pagavalvadi, Kannanur, Senthamagalam, Budhansanthai- Salem Highway.

Route Link

Thirupattur closes by 12 as I see on the net. So you should be OK.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2023 at 18:54.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 18:09   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I'm assuming that you reach Srirangam by 2:00 PM or so on saturday.

I see in your plan 2 big temples of Chola architecture that need atleast 3 hrs each.

My suggestion will be
Saturday evening 5:00 to 7:00 PM - visit Thiruvanaikoil Jambukeswarar temple, then head to Vekkali amman temple have darshan and retire by night 10 PM at Srirangam hotel. (If the saturday evening you visit is a Pradhosham day then your plan may go for a toss)

Sunday - Early morning (5:30 AM sharp enter through at Vellai gopuram of Srirangam, then head to Arya Bhattal vaasal for Ranganatha Darshan then head from there to Thayar Sannidhi). 5:30 to 7:00 AM is when first darshan opens and closes. If you're punctual you can finish both before say 7:30 AM on sunday. Stroll around in temple later. Have sumptuous breakfast at Manis Cafe just outside temple Renga Gopuram. Go to your hotel, take your car and then head to Brahmapureeswarar temple from there head straight to Bengaluru.

If you start as early as 4 am from B'lore on saturday morning, finish Gunaseelam before you head to Trichy and head to Srirangam hotel stay.

Important:
1. Many eateries are around Srirangam like Rengas Bhavan in Amma mandapam road, RS hotel, Manis Cafe, Hotel Madapalli, Archana's Annalakshmi near Gopuram which are Pure Veg and are good.
2. If you can visit Hotel Parthasarathy Vilas before or after Darshan on Saturday evening at Thiruvanaikoil, try to have Special butter dosa. That one is simply the best .
3. Hire an auto/cab for Saturday evening from Srirangam. Not worth taking your car there. If possible take a cab to Vekkali amman Koil and back to hotel Srirangam.
4. On sunday morning too take an auto to go to vellai gopuram.
5. Be prepared to walk, walk, walk on two days as you're planning a lot.
6. RedTaxi app works better than Ola here in Trichy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Start Sat early morning say 330/4AM Visit Gunaseelam on the way.

Settle at the hotel. Post lunch like KPR mentioned, visit Thiruvanaikovil and Vekkali Amman.

Sunday early morning visit Sri Rangam, check out from the hotel pack your bags, load up the car and head to Tirupatur and drive back via: Pagavalvadi, Kannanur, Senthamagalam, Budhansanthai- Salem Highway.

Route Link

Thirupattur closes by 12 as I see on the net. So you should be OK.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KPR and ampere

I have summarized the following from your suggestions.
However, I wonder why you are suggesting to start as early as 4 AM since, the Gunaseelam temple is open till 12 noon and with a 6 hour drive if I start by 5 AM - i should ideally reach there by 11 AM.

My Itinerary is as follows:

Day-1:

05:00 AM - Start from Ecity
11:00 AM - Gunaseelam Prasanna Venkatachalapathy Darsanam
12:00 PM - Resume for Trichy
12:30 PM - Check in to Hotel in Srirangam
01:00 PM - Lunch at Archana's Annalakshmi Restaurant
02:00 PM - Rest for some time.
04:00 PM - Take Bath and Start by Auto/Take RedTaxi/Ola Cab to Vekkali Amman Kovil
04:30 PM - Vekkali Amman Kovil Darsanam
05:30 PM - Return to Thiruvanaikoil Jambukeswarar
06:00 PM - Thiruvanaikoil Jambukeswarar Darsanam
07:30 PM - Dinner at Hotel Parthasarathy Vilas
08:30 PM - Return to Hotel and Retire to bed.

Day-2:

05:00 AM - Wake up
05:30 AM - Go to Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple (5:30 AM sharp enter through at Vellai gopuram of Srirangam, then head to Arya Bhattal vaasal for Ranganatha Darshan then head from there to Thayar Sannidhi)
07:30 AM - Breakfast at Mani's Café.
09:00 AM - Back to Hotel.
09:30 AM - Check out and Proceed to Brahmapureeswarar Kovil
10:15 AM - Brahmapureeswarar Kovil Darsanam
11:00 AM - post darshan proceed to Bangalore via Budan Santhai
01:30 PM - Lunch at A2B Rasipuram
02:00 PM - post lunch proceed to Bangalore
04:30 PM - Tea Brake at Aahaa Palkova, Karagur, Dharmapuri
05:00 PM - proceed to Home
07:00 PM - reach Home

few more questions, apart from the one already mentioned in Italics above -
1. Suggest a good place to have a quick Breakfast at around 7 AM if we start from Ecity at 5 AM or so.

2. Hope Ola/Red Taxi have the option of 4 hours cab booking. (plan to do it on Saturday)

3. Any other suggestion for lunch in Budan Santhai or may be even before?

THANK YOU !
BIL2_HGi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 20:11   #893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIL2_HGi10 View Post
However, I wonder why you are suggesting to start as early as 4 AM since, the Gunaseelam temple is open till 12 noon and with a 6 hour drive if I start by 5 AM - i should ideally reach there by 11 AM.
Thats because you can then take your own pace which includes reaching Salem in time. A 4 AM start means reaching Salem by 7 for piping hot break fast followed by the drive to temple. That way you get a breather at Trichy.

BLR-Salem is better off done early before the traffic shows up.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 12:19   #894
BHPian

Friends,
Need help with route updates. I have a trip coming up to travel from Bangalore - Srirangam - Karaikudi - Bangalore. The travel is last week of Dec by road. Looking for updates about the following.
1. Musiri road widening - any new update on completion
2. Return from Karaikudi the google map throws an option via Dindigul with almost same amount of time via Trichy. Is that advisable to take?
Thanks for your responses.
Regards, Murali
Old 9th November 2023, 12:41   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Friends,
Need help with route updates. I have a trip coming up to travel from Bangalore - Srirangam - Karaikudi - Bangalore. The travel is last week of Dec by road. Looking for updates about the following.
2. Return from Karaikudi the google map throws an option via Dindigul with almost same amount of time via Trichy. Is that advisable to take?
Thanks for your responses.
Regards, Murali
Don't take Musiri route. Stick to Thuraiyur route for onward journey to SriRangam.
For return, no need to take long detour via Dindigul. Not worth the extra kms to drive, burn fuel and really not saving good time. Stick to Karaikudi to Trichy via Pudukkottai.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 08:29   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Road widening is happening only beyond Musiri. Number 1 Tollgate to Musiri there was no work happening. So you can take Musiri-Kaveri bridge-Kulithalai and take NH7 at Karur bypass.

Another option is to go through Thuraiyur from Nochiyam.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 16:00   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Return from Karaikudi the google map throws an option via Dindigul with almost same amount of time via Trichy. Is that advisable to take?
From Karaikudi, if you want to avoid Trichy city traffic, you can take the below route. (From Pudukkottai to Kulithalai, double-lane state highway (SH) is almost the same distance with this route.)

Karaikudi--Pudukkottai bypass - Illuppur - Viralimalai - Manapparai - Toghamalai - Kulithalai - Thottiyam - Namakkal - Salem - Bangalore

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-karaikudi.png

Until Musiri, Namakkal Road widening work is completed;

You can continue the Karikudi-Pudukkottai- Trichy - Thuriyur route - Namakkal- Salem - Bangalore
JacksonStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 16:10   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post

Karaikudi--Pudukkottai bypass - Illuppur - Viralimalai - Manapparai - Toghamalai - Kulithalai - Thottiyam - Namakkal - Salem - Bangalore

Thanks for sharing this option and will keep this as a new option. Hope the roads are going to be good in this route.
Until Musiri, Namakkal Road widening work is completed;

This is great to know...i understand that the Namakkal to Musiri section road widening is completed?

Regards, Murali

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2023 at 21:03. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 19th November 2023, 18:07   #899
BHPian

Dear friends,

I will be driving to Srirangam on 28th with family. I want to know if Salem Musiri Srirangam route is preferred to Salem Thalaivasal Perambaloor SriRangam route.

Can you also pleasae suggest good vegetarian restaurants in SriRangam?

Regards,
Narayan.

Last edited by iamnarayang : 19th November 2023 at 18:24.
Old 19th November 2023, 21:06   #900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
I will be driving to Srirangam on 28th with family. I want to know if Salem Musiri Srirangam route is preferred to Salem Thalaivasal Perambaloor SriRangam route.
More important question is where do you plan to stay? Would you be going to the temple straight?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks