Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2018, 11:59   #736
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Can anyone please let me know which is the best route from Bangalore to Trichy? I will be leaving Bangalore at around 2 pm on a Sunday.

Thanks In Advance
Prathik
2 options depending on where you want to go in Trichy.

If you're going somewhere near Chathiram Bus stand/Rockfort:
Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Musiri Outer-Kulithalai-Trichy
(you'll have to cross the bridge to reach Kulithalai from Musiri)

This will take you to Karur byepass/Anna Silai.

If near Srirangam/Central Bus stand/Tanjore:
Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Musiri-Tollgate-Trichy/Tanjore
Old 11th August 2018, 12:07   #737
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Can anyone please let me know which is the best route from Bangalore to Trichy? Will be leaving Bangalore at around 2 pm on a Sunday.
In addition to the routes mentioned by @nfsfreak, you could also take the longer route via Karur. That gives you more 4 laned & tolled roads (NH 44 & NH 81) and reaches outskirts of Trichy from where it is easier to reach places around Woraiyur, the town bus stand, hotels, etc. Check these on the map based on your destination and you will be able to figure out what could possibly be the best option for you
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:56   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
If you're going somewhere near Chathiram Bus stand/Rockfort:
Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Musiri Outer-Kulithalai-Trichy
(you'll have to cross the bridge to reach Kulithalai from Musiri)

This will take you to Karur byepass/Anna Silai.

If near Srirangam/Central Bus stand/Tanjore:
Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Musiri-Tollgate-Trichy/Tanjore
@nfsfreak - Thanks for keeping us updated like ravib !!

Would Namakkal - Karur - Trichy be a faster option in spite of it being 40km longer ?

Would like to avoid - Namakkal - Musri stretch as Bullock carts do test your patience
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 00:29   #739
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post

Would Namakkal - Karur - Trichy be a faster option in spite of it being 40km longer ?

Would like to avoid - Namakkal - Musri stretch as Bullock carts do test your patience
not faster, same time. However you get much smoother roads. All the potholes on the karur bypass option is bunched up in the last leg non-toll section just before reaching trichy. IN the musiri route, potholes are distributed over the entire journey.
Old 3rd October 2018, 07:03   #740
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
not faster, same time. However you get much smoother roads. All the potholes on the karur bypass option is bunched up in the last leg non-toll section just before reaching trichy. IN the musiri route, potholes are distributed over the entire journey.
If there is an easy way to bypass Namakkal, I really like Thuraiyur option (incase one is heading to north side/tollgate). The Senthamangalam/Alanganathm option is not all that great.
Old 3rd October 2018, 08:56   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
@venky - . Thanks for the update. My last 3 trips were via this route as the entire drive is less of strain with the toll roads.

Yes the roads after the last toll does become narrow quite a bit. Hope the recent rains haven't increased the no. of potholes.
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:49   #742
BHPian

Just back from a Trichy trip.

Quote:
Yes the roads after the last toll does become narrow quite a bit. Hope the recent rains haven't increased the no. of potholes.
No potholes after Thiruppuraithurai toll. Roads are good throughout.

For me, i'd still take Namakkal-Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy, than Namakkal-Karur-Trichy.

As cauvery is running full, no sand lorries/bullock carts traffic as of now in Musiri stretch.

The running time should be almost the same or even shorter for sedate drivers (unless you cover Karur-Kulithalai abnormally fast)

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If there is an easy way to bypass Namakkal, I really like Thuraiyur option (incase one is heading to north side/tollgate). The Senthamangalam/Alanganathm option is not all that great.
Took Thuraiyur route in one my recent trips.
The running time is similar but the roads get real bumpy at places especially the short connecting stretch between Kannanur and Pagalavadi. Otherwise, this can be really a good option to bypass Namakkal during evening times or on a festival day evening where the traffic is considerably more.
Used to be a regular in this route, when Musiri stretch was real bad few years back. Really love these good old 2 laned highways with trees on both sides and less traffic. Very relaxing to drive
nfsfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:06   #743
BHPian

Quote:

No potholes after Thiruppuraithurai toll. Roads are good throughout.

For me, i'd still take Namakkal-Musiri-Kulithalai-Trichy, than Namakkal-Karur-Trichy.

As cauvery is running full, no sand lorries/bullock carts traffic as of now in Musiri stretch.

The running time should be almost the same or even shorter for sedate drivers (unless you cover Karur-Kulithalai abnormally fast)
@nfsfreak - Excellent update.

Great to hear that there are no pot holes post the last toll. How is the road from Namakkal to Musiri ?
This used to be the only stretch that could spring surprises earlier but with no sand mining the slow down could be minimal due to lorries / bullock cart.
Would the above assumption be true ?
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:54   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1. 2 months back, when i drove back from Trichy to Bangalore, tried the above route via Budhan santhai. Its absolutely not worth now due to bad roads with potholes, quite narrow and is very slow. Instead, its better to continue straight to Namakkal and deal with that town traffic.

Quote:
Took Thuraiyur route in one my recent trips.
The running time is similar but the roads get real bumpy at places especially the short connecting stretch between Kannanur and Pagalavadi. ....... Really love these good old 2 laned highways with trees on both sides and less traffic. Very relaxing to drive
Totally agree. Its bumpy in few places, but overall its a relaxing drive once you cross Kannanur.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 18:26   #745
BHPian

Quote:

Great to hear that there are no pot holes post the last toll. How is the road from Namakkal to Musiri ?
This used to be the only stretch that could spring surprises earlier but with no sand mining the slow down could be minimal due to lorries / bullock cart.
Yep. Roads are good through out this stretch. you may face some traffic in the morning (between 8 to 10 AM) and evening (5 to 8 PM).
Rest of the time should be good to drive with minimal traffic.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 20:42   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Yep. Roads are good through out this stretch. you may face some traffic in the morning (between 8 to 10 AM) and evening (5 to 8 PM).
Rest of the time should be good to drive with minimal traffic.

Let me give it a shot this weekend Karthik !! And will update the thread with all the details
Old 6th October 2018, 09:28   #747
BHPian

Quote:

Roads from Namakkal to Musuri/Kulithalai is good. There are few speed bumps but that's fine. As it narrows down in some places after Thottiyam, over taking may prove difficult. Otherwise, I have not faced any irritating stretch for past few years, since the sand loaded lorries have stopped this road.
vvijayakrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 14:02   #748
BHPian

Driven through the usual Bengaluru-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Rasipuram-Namakkal-Thottiyam-Musiri-Trichy route, today morning. Started at 03:30 AM from Ramamurthy Nagar(BLR) and reached (TRICHY) home at 09:00 AM. The roads were an absolute delight to drive on. The NH44 was not crowded at all, the tolls plazas were totally free. The two lane stretch between Namakkal to Trichy is in beautiful condition, with all patch works done. One could easily do 70-80 Km/hr without worrying about hitting any potholes.

I think early morning is the best time to drive in this route, traffic free. When I drove on the same route from Trichy to Bengaluru on the previous night (10:30 PM to 05:30 AM), Truck traffic was at the peak, and I witnessed some maniac driving by the Scania and Volvo buses
Old 10th December 2018, 10:07   #749
Senior - BHPian

Trichy-Musiri is a mixed bag now. It is a mix of good and average sections now. It is manageable for now, can do 60-70. There's a new hotel on this section, Solai at Thudaiyur. Looked big from the outside, the first restaurant, stay place on this section. Seems they even have a swimming pool, the Google photos of this place are full of pool photos.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 12:37   #750
Senior - BHPian

Had traveled last weekend in this route from Hosur to Srirangam.

Short update on road Conditions.

Namakal to Thottiayam Roads are in good condition.

Thottiyam to Musiri is also in good condition occasional rough patches but manageable.

Musiri to Gunaselam occasional patches of road average condition .

Gunaselam to Toll Gate in good condition.

Onward journey stopped at Rasipuram for breakfast a new A2B has opened .

Took about 1 hour and 20 mins to reach Toll gate from Rasipuram in the morning hours which had minimal traffic.
Return journey was late in the night and it took 1 hour 45 mins to Namakkal from toll gate. Was stopped by Police due to poll related routine checks.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks