Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 11:36   #841
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
After the usual route till Namakkal, Google shows highway upto Mohanur, beyond which there's no highway, but smaller roads upto Karur.

My question is: should i take a deviation from Mudulaipatti, follow the highway via Rasampalyam - Konur - Manmangalam - Vadivel Nagar - Karur - Srirangam (use NH81)?

Thanks in advance
The usual route from bangalore - Trichy is

Route 1: (Usual route and Best one)
Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Thottiyam - Musiri - Gunaseelam - Srirangam/Trichy

Post-Namakkal, it is a State highway till Srirangam. On the way, you can also visit Gunaseelam Prasanna Venkatachalapathy Temple.

Musiri to Srirangam road through the side of Kaveri river. You can enjoy the scenic route but overtaking is very difficult, especially during peak hours.

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-via-musiri.jpg

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-gunaseelam.jpg

Route 2: (Usual route leads to Trichy city traffic)

Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Thottiyam - Kulithalai - Trichy

This road is other side of kaveri river but it leads to Trichy city (chathiram bus stand) and you can cross the Kaveri bridge from chathiram bus stand. I believe this bridge is closed for maintenance. (Not sure about present condition)

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/94070965.cms

It will lead to another deviation into city traffic you can reach srirangam only via Old Cauvery bridge on the Trichy-Chennai NH . It will take another extra 5-8 km

Route no :3

Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Karur- Kulithalai - -Trichy/Srirangam

4 lane NH road till karur. From karur to chathiram bus stand is still NH but without any divider.

Note: you have to drive extra 30-45km and you have to pay toll. if you choose this route.

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-via-karur.jpg

Route No : 4

Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem -Namakkal - Kannanur - Pagalavadi - Nochiyam - Trichy

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-via-nottichiyam.jpg
JacksonStorm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:06   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Thottiyam - Musiri - Gunaseelam - Srirangam/Trichy

Post-Namakkal, it is a State highway till Srirangam. On the way, you can also visit Gunaseelam Prasanna Venkatachalapathy Temple.

Musiri to Srirangam road through the side of Kaveri river. You can enjoy the scenic route but overtaking is very difficult, especially during peak hours.
Thank you very much JacksonStorm for the response. So, route 1 is better, but post Namakkal traffic conditions will slow down progress a little, but is still the faster route.

Route 3 is longer route with an additional 30-40KMS plus toll, but, as per Google, it's not necessarily the faster (at-least at the time of writing this post). However, based on BHPian lifeinPune's recent post dated 22-July, and Sr.BHPIan RGK's post on 01-Sep, road via Karur is in good condition...guess, i'd would prefer a good road despite extra distance and toll.

Regards
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:35   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much JacksonStorm for the response. So, route 1 is better, but post Namakkal traffic conditions will slow down progress a little, but is still the faster route.

Route 3 is longer route with an additional 30-40KMS plus toll, but, as per Google, it's not necessarily the faster (at-least at the time of writing this post). However, based on BHPian lifeinPune's recent post dated 22-July, and Sr.BHPIan RGK's post on 01-Sep, road via Karur is in good condition...guess, i'd would prefer a good road despite extra distance and toll.

Regards
It depends on your preference of road that you would like to drive. If you want maximum 4L roads, then Karur road is option for you. If you are okay to drive in any 2L roads, then i would recommend you to take Thuraiyur road via Thathaayangarpettai, Kannanur, Manachanallur-No. 1 Toll gate instead of Musiri route, because of peaceful almost no traffic drive and usually it takes 90 mts for the 90 kms from Namakkal to Trichy in normal driving. Just watch out for speed breakers before and after a village. But in this route, you won't be able to cover Gunaseelam temple.

Musiri Thottiyam road is good but heavy in traffic with buses and tracks. So overtaking in that 2L road is little challenging depends on the day/time of traffic you drive, which is not the case with Thuraiyur route.

So basically, you have options to choose depending on your driving preference

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 26th September 2022 at 12:37.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:17   #844
BHPian

Thank You JacksonStorm.
One additional question on Route 4: would you know the recent road conditions please? Guess it's a 2L road, but, if it's smoother compared to Route 1 post Namakkal, then wish to try.

Thanks for all responses.

Regards.
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:26   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
It depends on your preference of road that you would like to drive. If you want maximum 4L roads, then Karur road is option for you. If you are okay to drive in any 2L roads, then i would recommend you to take Thuraiyur road via Thathaayangarpettai, Kannanur, Manachanallur-No. 1 Toll gate instead of Musiri route, because of peaceful almost no traffic drive and usually it takes 90 mts for the 90 kms from Namakkal to Trichy in normal driving. Just watch out for speed breakers before and after a village.
Musiri Thottiyam road is good but heavy in traffic with buses and tracks. So overtaking in that 2L road is little challenging depends on the day/time of traffic you drive, which is not the case with Thuraiyur route.
-Ravi
Thank you Ravib. Sure, i'll take the Kannanur Manchanallur route.

Regards.
Old 26th September 2022, 13:44   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You JacksonStorm.
One additional question on Route 4: would you know the recent road conditions please? Guess it's a 2L road, but, if it's smoother compared to Route 1 post Namakkal, then wish to try.

Thanks for all responses.

Regards.
As ravib said, It depends upon your preferences.
Either Route 1 or Route 2 is always preferable. Post-Namakkal town, The Road surfaces are broken and small and medium potholes will be there, but it is patched and it is manageable till Musiri/Kulithalai. It can be manageable for a speed between 60Km-80Km Speeds but not very bad.

Route 1: Post Musiri, It is a curvy road and has lots of turns, Overtaking is difficult. No toll in between
Route 2: Post kulithalai, Road conditions are excellent till Trichy/Srirangam. There is a toll nearby Mukkombu dam (thirupparaithurai toll) Earlier it was very difficult to drive/overtake post thirupparaithurai toll. Now, they widen the road post thirupparaithurai toll till Trichy city (chathiram bus stand).

I would suggest either taking Route 1 or Route 2 for the onward journey while returning to take Route 4. Again it's your preference and your choice.

I always choose either Route 1 or Route 2 whenever I visit my hometown
JacksonStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 21:04   #847
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2361455
Thanks @JacksonStorm for this useful post .
I did Bangalore-Trichy on 01st october and followed route 1.
Roads were good with some patchworks after Namakkal.

Surprisingly didn't encounter the dreadful 2-wheeler traffic around Salem, which i had seen on last journey on this stretch 6 months back. But this was compensated by 15 mins delay each at Attibele and Krishnagiri tolls.

I crossed Attibelle toll at 9:45am and reached Cauvery bridge, Trichy at 5:15 pm.
Drove in a relaxed fashion - never exceeding 90 even on 6 lane sections of NH44 - but still managed to reach in 7:30 hrs including 1 hour for lunch break.
electro-monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 07:50   #848
KPR
BANNED

Those who need to travel to Srirangam stick on to Musiri route. Those who need to go towards Chatram bus stand side take Kulithalai - Jeeyapuram route. The old cauvery Bridge is under renovation. It is a mess here in Trichy especially during rush hours.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 13:22   #849
BHPian

Updates Bangalore - Trichy route :

Completed my home trip at last week.

Onward Journey : Route No : 2

Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Thottiyam - Kulithalai - Trichy

Updates Route No:2

There is a road expansion work(4 lane work ) going on post Namakkal till Musiri/Kulithalai. You have to slowdown and extra caution in the night driving.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/94574360.cms

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le65955402.ece

Return Journey : Route No : 4
While return Route No : 4 via Thathaiyangarpettai and Kannanur to reach Namakkal/Bangalore from Trichy.

Trichy- Manachanallur bypass - Kannanur - Thathaiyangarpettai - Erumapatti - Namakkal - Salem -Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri - Bangalore

This is a fantastic/scenic route and zero traffic (having lots of speed breakers while crossing the village.You have to slow down) Especially inside Thathaiyangarpettai town roads are very small.

I would suggest until road expansion work completed from Namakkal to Musiri/Kulithalai. Please continue on Route No:4 to reach Trichy via Erumapatti - Thathaiyangarpettai - Kannanur - Manachanallur bypass - Trichy from Namakkal.
JacksonStorm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 15:27   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Those who need to travel to Srirangam stick on to Musiri route.
But nowadays Nochiyam-Number 1 Tollgate is also a mess no? Last 2-3 days I've spent 10-15 minutes exiting NH45 to climbing down Uthamar Koil bridge.

I am tempted to suggest V Koot-Veppur, but Veppur also has road expansion going on the last 1.5 years. Not sure how much it affects the merge into NH45.

You are talking about Srirangam/Tiruvanai Koil - Chatram Kaveri bridge which was restricted to 2-wheeler even before.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 07:06   #851
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
But nowadays Nochiyam-Number 1 Tollgate is also a mess no? Last 2-3 days I've spent 10-15 minutes exiting NH45 to climbing down Uthamar Koil bridge.
Agree. That bridge and joining to NH45 isn't easy anymore. But doable. That Uttamarkoil bridge is a dangerous one. Why not take Manachanallur to Samayapuram and then towards NH45?

Quote:
I am tempted to suggest V Koot-Veppur, but Veppur also has road expansion going on the last 1.5 years. Not sure how much it affects the merge into NH45.
I had travelled in that work under progress stretch of Veppur-Trichy route few days back. Joining to normal road is not bad. Moving traffic. Shouldn't be an issue. That was on a friday night 8 pm.

Quote:
You are talking about Srirangam/Tiruvanai Koil - Chatram Kaveri bridge which was restricted to 2-wheeler even before.
Yes. Currently restricted to all types of vehicle. So if one comes via Kulithalai towards Srirangam the route is Kulithalai- Chatram- OyaMari bye pass- Cauvery bridge-Kumbakonathar salai-Mambalasalai-AmmaMandapam-Srirangam.

Last edited by KPR : 9th December 2022 at 07:08.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 08:59   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Agree. That bridge and joining to NH45 isn't easy anymore. But doable. That Uttamarkoil bridge is a dangerous one. Why not take Manachanallur to Samayapuram and then towards NH45?
Yes. Currently restricted to all types of vehicle. So if one comes via Kulithalai towards Srirangam the route is Kulithalai- Chatram- OyaMari bye pass- Cauvery bridge-Kumbakonathar salai-Mambalasalai-AmmaMandapam-Srirangam.
I have a query. If I come from Bangalore-Namakkal-Kannanur-Manchanallur side and my destination is Srirangam Yatri Nivas, how do I get there if the old Kollidam bridge is closed to vehicles?
Is the other bridge on Kollidam (the one on eastern side, I don't know what its called) open for vehicles?
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th December 2022, 09:29   #853
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I have a query. If I come from Bangalore-Namakkal-Kannanur-Manchanallur side and my destination is Srirangam Yatri Nivas, how do I get there if the old Kollidam bridge is closed to vehicles?
Is the other bridge on Kollidam (the one on eastern side, I don't know what its called) open for vehicles?
Thanks in advance.
Kollidam bridge is not closed. The old cauvery bridge is closed which is in the southern end of Srirangam. Kollidam is in north to Srirangam island. So you can continue to follow the same route that you have mentioned to Yatri Nivas.

Requoting my old post below for better understanding.

Quote:
Those who need to travel to Srirangam stick on to Musiri route. Those who need to go towards Chatram bus stand side take Kulithalai - Jeeyapuram route. The old cauvery Bridge is under renovation. It is a mess here in Trichy especially during rush hours.

Last edited by KPR : 9th December 2022 at 09:32.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:29   #854
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Please continue on Route No:4 to reach Trichy via Erumapatti - Thathaiyangarpettai - Kannanur - Manachanallur bypass - Trichy from Namakkal.
In the pic where I have marked this in red, is shortcut 1 possible, or will it have to be 2 ?

Quote:
Kollidam bridge is not closed. The old cauvery bridge is closed which is in the southern end of Srirangam.
From that attached pic, that means bridge C is closed, A,B,D are operational as usual. Right ?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-namakal-trichy.png  

Old 9th December 2022, 12:08   #855
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
In the pic where I have marked this in red, is shortcut 1 possible, or will it have to be 2 ?

From that attached pic, that means bridge C is closed, A,B,D are operational as usual. Right ?
Shortcut 1 is possible.
That's right. C is closed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks