Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2023, 21:11   #901
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
More important question is where do you plan to stay? Would you be going to the temple straight?
I will be staying in Srirangam, in a Hotel called The Scarlet Srirangam. I am not going directly to the temple. I am going there to attend a wedding. I will go to the temple on day 2 of my visit.

Regards,
Narayan.
Old 19th November 2023, 23:21   #902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
I will be staying in Srirangam, in a Hotel called The Scarlet Srirangam. I am not going directly to the temple. I am going there to attend a wedding. I will go to the temple on day 2 of my visit.

Regards,
Narayan.
If its Srirangam, then the Thuraiyur option makes a lot of sense. Surely the route via Perambalur may not be needed.

Last edited by ampere : 20th November 2023 at 17:06.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 12:11   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Narayan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is its Srirangam, then the Thuraiyur option makes a lot of sense. Surely the route via Perambalur may not be needed.
As ampere mentioned, from Namakkal, take left & go via Thuraiyur road.
Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Thattayangarpettai-Manachanallur bypass-No: 1 Toll Gate - SriRangam.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 16:31   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Thattayangarpettai-Manachanallur bypass-No: 1 Toll Gate - SriRangam.

-Ravi
Thank you. I suppose this is the route suggestted by ampere and you.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/BTM+...!3e0?entry=ttu

Regards,

Narayan

Last edited by iamnarayang : 20th November 2023 at 16:36.
Old 20th November 2023, 17:07   #905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you. I suppose this is the route suggestted by ampere and you.
Yes that's the route. Basically exiting at Budhansanthai.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 11:26   #906
BHPian

Quote:

-Ravi
I may be driving down from Trichy to Bangalore tomorrow, in a Jetta. Is this the right route to take for the return as well?

The last month I traveled in the night I took the one as attached, it was horrible until I had joined the Kanyakumari highway after Namakkal. Road construction all through with lot of unmarked diversions, since I was driving the Rexton it saved me from any wheel damage. Can't expect the same with the Jetta.

Thanks
KK

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-screenshot_2023112411214187_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
Old 24th November 2023, 11:36   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I may be driving down from Trichy to Bangalore tomorrow, in a Jetta. Is this the right route to take for the return as well?

The last month I traveled in the night I took the one as attached, it was horrible until I had joined the Kanyakumari highway after Namakkal. Road construction all through with lot of unmarked diversions, since I was driving the Rexton it saved me from any wheel damage. Can't expect the same with the Jetta.

Thanks
KK

No, don't take Musiri route. Add an explicit stop Thatthayyangarpettai which is better route with good roads. In case if you are driving midnight or odd hours, then take longer route via Karur and Namakkal, if you are not comfortable with 2L roads at night.
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:15   #908

Quote:
No, don't take Musiri route. Add an explicit stop Thatthayyangarpettai which is better route with good roads. In case if you are driving midnight or odd hours, then take longer route via Karur and Namakkal, if you are not comfortable with 2L roads at night.
Thank you for sharing! I did a Bangalore Trichy drive earlier this week and added this as a stop. It was mostly 2 lane roads after Namakkal with very smooth tarmac. Left btm by 5.15am and reached Chatram bus stand by 11.15am with a 30 minute breakfast stop.
Old 2nd December 2023, 21:46   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanand View Post
Thank you for sharing! I did a Bangalore Trichy drive earlier this week and added this as a stop. It was mostly 2 lane roads after Namakkal with very smooth tarmac. Left btm by 5.15am and reached Chatram bus stand by 11.15am with a 30 minute breakfast stop.
Great. Your timing was perfect and normal including the break for the distance. Good part is roads are excellent all throughout, so no concerns at all. Its good to do last pit stop at Rasipuram A2B and exit and next stop can be Trichy itself. This route provides a relaxed drive and not for those who want to do high speeds or pedal to metal type driving.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 16:46   #910
BHPian

returmed from Tiruchi on 30th afternoon. I took the Jeeyapuram, Thindukkarai, Rajendram route and crossed kaveri at Musuri. Good road. Road work was going on ay onr otwo places but still easy to go on good speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries-trichy.jpg  

iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 16:27   #911
BHPian

Dear TBHP Friends - Is Trichy - Kulithilai - Thottiyam - Namakkal not an option due to road laying work ?
Old 30th December 2023, 17:53   #912
BHPian

I took Trichy - Kulithilai - Thottiyam - Namakkal - Salem - Bangalore route 2 days back

Road laying work is almost complete except for a few minor diversions. Overall it was a good drive and traffic was also manageable. It is actually little before Salem that traffic increases quite a bit all the way till Bangalore
SourPai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 18:00   #913
Team-BHP Support

I would still vote for Thuraiyur option if one has the choice to take it. The Rasipuram-Namakkal is road is also well done. The bund road leading to Alanganatham is almost done too. But it has some rough edges to close.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 17:11   #914
Senior - BHPian

Traveled last weekend from Banglore to Trichy and back
Namakkal to Thottiyam almost 80 percent four laning is complete 3 to 4 diversions in place.
Thottiyam to Musiri roads are rough with patch work but no potholes.
Musiri to Toll gate roads are better no diversions and 2 culvets are being constructed with Diversion.

On the way back Toll gate - Nochiyam - Manchanallur Bypass - Pagalvadi - Kannanur - Alanganatham pirivu -Sendamangalam - Budan sandhai.
Roads are good and can bypass Namakkal town traffic in this route

Last edited by gajadonga : 29th January 2024 at 17:13.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 19:33   #915
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
On the way back Toll gate - Nochiyam - Manchanallur Bypass - Pagalvadi - Kannanur - Alanganatham pirivu -Sendamangalam - Budan sandhai.
Roads are good and can bypass Namakkal town traffic in this route
I would anyway prefer this option. Much nicer and cleaner and less traffic as well. Also if you see the Rasipuram-Namakkal road is nicely done of which you cover a small section.

Even the tank bund road is done. A small section pending but by and large nearly clean roads. And like Srikanth mentioned earlier there is a Shell on this way!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks