Old 25th April 2012, 18:04   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Does this route have eateries.

cheers
a) Gokul in Kanakapura is good and is on the highway inside the town. Falls on your right.

b) Hotel Annapoorna in Kollegala

c) Nijaguna Residency ( good rest rooms) and Hotel Mayura in Chamarajanagar

d) CCD in Gundlupet
Old 26th April 2012, 13:24   #422
BHPian

Thanx a million folks.
Would this kanapura route be longer compared to mysore route to reach gundelpet?
I have driven the numerous speed breaker ridden road to mysore.
Why would you prefer the alternate route ,just keen to know.
cheers
Old 26th April 2012, 14:17   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would this kanapura route be longer compared to mysore route to reach gundelpet?
Depends on where in the city you're starting from. If you're close to Kanakapura road, it would be approximately be the same distance. If close to Mysore road it could be longer by about 8-10 kms.

Quote:
My question would be "why would you want to go on SH17" !

I can think of only a single answer to that : you find a lot of restaurants on the way if you take SH17. For all other reasons, choose NH209.
Old 26th April 2012, 14:23   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx a million folks.
I have driven the numerous speed breaker ridden road to mysore.
cheers
I think both will be of equal distance, but we can save time as the traffic via Kanakapura is very less. There are very very less road humps compared to Mysore road.

In my recent trip to Kalpeta, I had breakfast at hotel Nijaguna, its comfortable, but costlier. Here my bill for your ref.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries-nijaguna.jpg  

Old 26th April 2012, 14:45   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Pradeep Kumar, will second what Kala mentioned. Unless you are planning an early morning (~4AM) start from Bangalore my pick would be NH 209. In case of an early morning start you can opt the usual Bangalore-Mysore (SH-17) route.
NH 209 is in good condition all way apart from Chamarajanagar -Gundelpet section where surface is not smooth.
Old 26th April 2012, 18:59   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
a) Gokul in Kanakapura is good and is on the highway inside the town. Falls on your right.

b) Hotel Annapoorna in Kollegala

c) Nijaguna Residency ( good rest rooms) and Hotel Mayura in Chamarajanagar

d) CCD in Gundlupet
Help me with some pointers here:
a) Did anyone see this hotel open anytime?
b) Can you please give precise directions to Hotel Annapoorna in Kollegala as we approach from Bangalore side? And also, for Hotel Nandini? Which would be better, for both food and toilet facilities?
c) Can you please give precise directions to Hotel Mayura in Chamarajanagara as we approach from Bangalore side? How is the food and toilet facilities here?

Any good hotels in Sathy? Avinashi? Tiruppur?

Plan to drive till Tiruppur this weekend through NH-209 for a change !

Beyond Sathy, is Puliampatti->Sevur->Avinashi->Tiruppur the best route?
Old 26th April 2012, 19:32   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Plan to drive till Tiruppur this weekend through NH-209 for a change !

Beyond Sathy, is Puliampatti->Sevur->Avinashi->Tiruppur the best route?
Be ready for very narrow roads. Thats what I heard for this sector (I have not driven myself).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2661078
Old 26th April 2012, 19:42   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Be ready for very narrow roads. Thats what I heard for this sector (I have not driven myself).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2661078
That would be Puliyampatti-Nambiyur stretch to bypass Avinashi and move towards Perundurai/Bhavani. I have taken Sathy->Gobi->Perumanallur->Tiruppur route once and that is pretty decent too. Refer post#460 in the same thread :-)

I am not sure of Puliampatti->Avinashi stretch. However, I believe that Annur->Avinashi strech is good enough. So, need to know which among this 2 would be a better choice even though the 1st one is shorter overall.
Old 26th April 2012, 21:11   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gokul-Kanakapura : I tried this restaurant for breakfast three times so far - was closed every time. But they were all on Saturdays, and before 8AM. So looks as if either Saturday is their day off or they don't open before 8 AM.

Quote:
b) Can you please give precise directions to Hotel Annapoorna in Kollegala as we approach from Bangalore side? And also, for Hotel Nandini? Which would be better, for both food and toilet facilities?
Check out the map here : Kollegal - Restaurants - Google Maps . From the looks of it, toilet facilities may not be all that clean in either of these restaurants. (Never had the guts to try it out )

Quote:
c) Can you please give precise directions to Hotel Mayura in Chamarajanagara as we approach from Bangalore side? How is the food and toilet facilities here?
You can't miss it. Comes on your left hand side immediately after you pass the KSRTC bus stand (the very next building). The name of the restaurant is "Mayura Rajdhani" if I recall right. Same comments about toilets, never had the guts to try it.

Not sure about answers to your further questions. I'm sure someone else here would be able to help.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 21:30   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Check out the map here : Kollegal - Restaurants - Google Maps . From the looks of it, toilet facilities may not be all that clean in either of these restaurants. (Never had the guts to try it out )

You can't miss it. Comes on your left hand side immediately after you pass the KSRTC bus stand (the very next building). The name of the restaurant is "Mayura Rajdhani" if I recall right. Same comments about toilets, never had the guts to try it.
Among these 3, what would be your preference order? Heard some good comments about food available at Annapoorna@Kollegal but seems the service is a bit turn-off. And for C.R.Nagar hotel, will that be crowded due to its proximity to KSRTC stand? For all 3, is the car parking available in front or near to the hotel itself?

On another note, I once travelled to Palakkad on a Bangalore->Mysore->Sathy->Coimbatore->Palakkad->Thrissur KSRTC bus and this one stopped somewhere around Hasanur for dinner. There were a few hotels which was like an extension of some house only that served very tasty dosas, idlies and parottas with good sambar/chutney/kuruma as well. This is just before either the forest section or the ghat section(dont remember where these little eateries were). Anyone had a breakfast break at any such place? Not sure whether they open in the mornings after doing business till midnight when many interstate buses stop for food.

Last edited by ajithbr : 26th April 2012 at 21:42.
Old 26th April 2012, 22:30   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Among these 3, what would be your preference order? Heard some good comments about food available at Annapoorna@Kollegal but seems the service is a bit turn-off. And for C.R.Nagar hotel, will that be crowded due to its proximity to KSRTC stand? For all 3, is the car parking available in front or near to the hotel itself
Nothing much to choose between them - all three are more or less the same standard.

All three have parking in front. Annapoorna is on a rather narrow street, and you have to take the car into space in front of the restaurant which is a little bit cramped - but since there aren't too many vehicles parked in front of it normally, I've always found enough place to park.

Quote:
On another note, I once travelled to Palakkad on a Bangalore->Mysore->Sathy->Coimbatore->Palakkad->Thrissur KSRTC bus and this one stopped somewhere around Hasanur for dinner. There were a few hotels which was like an extension of some house only that served very tasty dosas, idlies and parottas with good sambar/chutney/kuruma as well. This is just before either the forest section or the ghat section(dont remember where these little eateries were). Anyone had a breakfast break at any such place? Not sure whether they open in the mornings after doing business till midnight when many interstate buses stop for food.
Never stopped in Hasanur for breakfast, but had tea and snacks from there when we were passing through that place in the evening once. It was a tiny restaurant (the name was Jungleview or something similar sounding) and the snacks were quite tasty - but the ambience was more that of a village teashop rather than a restaurant.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:14   #432
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you're referring to Gokul, yes it was open for lunch when I visited last month on a Saturday. I had also posted a picture of the building - it's on the right hand side when going from Bangalore to Kanakapura. Will try to find the post that I'm referring to.
EDIT:See Post #367 Page 25 on this thread.

Last edited by NPV : 27th April 2012 at 08:18.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:27   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

This hotel Mayura Rajdhani in Chamarajanagara wont be missed since one its bang near KSRTC bus stand and due to bus and crowd you are bound to slow down there. Second, most of the other shops in the area are smaller (bakery etc) so it stands out.
However regarding rest rooms Iam not sure how clean are they since this resturant is only slightly bigger than the 'sagar' type resturants one will find in Bangalore. Parking wont be an issue if travelling in morning I guess.
Another option would be to check out the rest rooms in KSRTC bus stand, some of the bus stands in KA which have pay and use toilets are passably clean.
However if none of this intrests you, try out Gundelpet CCD. Its attached to petrol bunk just outside the town towards Nanjangaud side on NH-212. Hence may be some 2 Kms extra drive for you.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:11   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This hotel Mayura Rajdhani in Chamarajanagara wont be missed since one its bang near KSRTC bus stand and due to bus and crowd you are bound to slow down there. Second, most of the other shops in the area are smaller (bakery etc) so it stands out.
However regarding rest rooms Iam not sure how clean are they since this resturant is only slightly bigger than the 'sagar' type resturants one will find in Bangalore. Parking wont be an issue if travelling in morning I guess.
Thanks for all this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However if none of this intrests you, try out Gundelpet CCD. Its attached to petrol bunk just outside the town towards Nanjangaud side on NH-212. Hence may be some 2 Kms extra drive for you.
I am going to Tiruppur via Sathy and not to Calicut this weekend.

Anyways, I am not a fan of CCD. Only couple of times I had ever visited a CCD while on-road was to buy some snacks for kids (Shoolagiri CCD on the way to Chennai) and the other occassion (Gundelpet CCD) was when my wife wanted to change her dress since our daughter vomitted a bit while having her food.

In Gundelpet, there is a new Veg restaurant (I think with some rooms as well) that is opened on the RHS just before the town while going from Bangalore towards Kerala/TN. Seems similar to Hotel Amaravathy just before Mandya and many private bus operators of Mysore/Ooty sight-seeing will be seen parked in front of the same anytime. Sometimes, we can even see KSRTC A/c Volvo buses and other (ITDC/KTDC) A/c Volvo buses also stopped there. I have noticed this hotel in the last 2 trips within one month's time. However, I generally dont stop in Gundlupet since my usual stoppage points are Kamat Madhuvan just after Mysore city and then some good hotel in Bathery/Kalpetta.

Last edited by ajithbr : 27th April 2012 at 16:14.
Old 30th April 2012, 23:21   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Since you are not familiar with Bangalore, I modified the route within city a little bit.
80 Feet Peripheral Rd to Kotagiri, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps

There is a restaurant in Kanakapura town (on right while travelling from Bangalore)
Google shows the default route to Kotagiri from Ooty through Coonoor. I see there is a State Highway 15 from Ooty to Kotagiri bypassing Coonoor. It is strange that google shows this apparently shorter route taking longer time. Is it advisable to bypass Coonoor and take this route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks