Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 13:41   #1
BANNED

Route Query-Bangalore-Kollur

Hello Travel Buffs.

I am taking a trip to Kollur on 22nd May and plan to stay upto 25th and return back to Bangalore by 26th.

Anyone who can guide me into this route.

We are 3 families counting 20 heads and intend to stay at the forest guest house at Anejaeri behind Arishinadagundi and Kodachadri Hills.

Any other nearest places of visit here pls suggest.

22nd- leave Bangalore - travel overnight- route pls suggest

23rd- visit the mookambike temple early morning- laze at the guest house- visit the beach 30 kms away

24th- Trek the hills - stay at the guest house- evening drive to marvanthe and back.

25th- leave kollur at around 11am - Visit places on way back to Bangalore-Suggest any one Place of visit on the way back

Watching this space....!
Old 29th April 2008, 14:25   #2
BHPian

The following threads will give you some information about the route.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...al-series.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html
Old 29th April 2008, 14:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

Check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tml#post802689
Old 29th April 2008, 16:07   #4
BANNED

Thanks Kavu75 and samurai,

These links were of some help.

Generally how many kms do we need to travel from Bangalore via Shimoga to Kollur.

Is it a correct route or should i take any other?
Old 29th April 2008, 16:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ask theMAG for exact info, he did it last week.
Old 29th April 2008, 16:45   #6
BANNED

Thanks Samurai,

Will chew his brains for a while now.

cheers...Kadam
Old 29th April 2008, 16:58   #7
BHPian

Hey thats my native place, or very close to it. Im from Kundapura.
Old 29th April 2008, 20:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

420 kms from Bangalore to Kollur via Shimoga. From Shimoga, route is Tirthahalli 30 kms-Nagara 40-Nittoor 25-Nagode Check Post 6-Kollur 16
Old 30th April 2008, 12:00   #9
BANNED

Hey guys.

Thanks for the reply.

420 kms
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
420 kms from Bangalore to Kollur via Shimoga. From Shimoga, route is Tirthahalli 30 kms-Nagara 40-Nittoor 25-Nagode Check Post 6-Kollur 16

I did Bangalore-Kollur earlier this week. IIRC, The route from Shimoga-Kollur was Shimoga-Ayanur-Ripponpet-Hosanagara-nagara-Nittur-Nagodi-Kollur.
This was roughly 120 kms. I am not sure this is the same as the one you have mentioned.
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Kollur best route is Bangalore - Shimoga - Ayanur - Hosanagara - Kollur around 400 km as Jagan suggested.

Road from Teerthahalli - Hosanagar or nagara which is around 40km is not good, I travelled there couple of days back. so avoid teerthahalli route unless I travelled in wrong road.

Plan to Visit/Trekk in Kodachadri forest you can reach sky there in few hill tops. Near hosanagara you can visit ramchandrapura math. Visit only one beach thats enough in summer and best one is Maravante beach.

If you need any assistance in Kollur I have relatives who can take you and roam around Temple with lot of feedom, so let me know any time.

1. Kollur, Kodachadri.
2. Maravante beach.
3. Someshwara and Agumbe sunset(couple of days back I couldnot find sun there but I love drive there ). or visit Murdeshwara in the eveving and stay there and come back to bangalore next day. within 2 hours you can see the places in murdeshwara.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 3rd May 2008 at 21:53.
Old 12th February 2010, 07:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Bangalore to Kollur best route is Bangalore - Shimoga - Ayanur - Hosanagara - Kollur around 400 km as Jagan suggested.

Road from Teerthahalli - Hosanagar or nagara which is around 40km is not good, I travelled there couple of days back. so avoid teerthahalli route unless I travelled in wrong road.

Plan to Visit/Trekk in Kodachadri forest you can reach sky there in few hill tops. Near hosanagara you can visit ramchandrapura math. Visit only one beach thats enough in summer and best one is Maravante beach.

If you need any assistance in Kollur I have relatives who can take you and roam around Temple with lot of feedom, so let me know any time.

1. Kollur, Kodachadri.
2. Maravante beach.
3. Someshwara and Agumbe sunset(couple of days back I couldnot find sun there but I love drive there ). or visit Murdeshwara in the eveving and stay there and come back to bangalore next day. within 2 hours you can see the places in murdeshwara.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi,
I am planning to drive to Kollur from Bangalore sometime in April. Any idea of the present condition of the road that you have mentioned. Also, could you please suggest good hotel there to stay overnight. Thanks and Regards,
Sarin
Old 15th February 2010, 10:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Ravi,
I am planning to drive to Kollur from Bangalore sometime in April. Any idea of the present condition of the road that you have mentioned. Also, could you please suggest good hotel there to stay overnight. Thanks and Regards,
Sarin
All,
I have booked the Seetha Deluxe Lodge close to Mookambika Temple. Anyone has stayed in this hotel? I am starting on 19th Feb.
Old 15th February 2010, 10:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
All,
I have booked the Seetha Deluxe Lodge close to Mookambika Temple. Anyone has stayed in this hotel? I am starting on 19th Feb.
I think this is the one on the right side of the road to Kudachadri, very close to the Kollur bus stop. I have stayed there, some 7 years back. Facilities were very basic but neat. Only issue was that there was no geyser in the bath room and for hot water, one would have to collect the water from a common place and carry it to the room. You could check whether the situation has changed now.

IIRC, they have ample parking space.

Last edited by sbraj : 15th February 2010 at 10:47.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I think this is the one on the right side of the road to Kudachadri, very close to the Kollur bus stop. I have stayed there, some 7 years back. Facilities were very basic but neat. Only issue was that there was no geyser in the bath room and for hot water, one would have to collect the water from a common place and carry it to the room. You could check whether the situation has changed now.

IIRC, they have ample parking space.
Thanks sbraj. In the address it has mentioned it is on the Shimoga road. They told that its a double room with attached bath and all. I hope still it is in good condition :-) Any one else has any other input about this hotel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks