Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 09:35   #511
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

In Bangalore (From Whitefield to NH7), the 39kms were covered in 50 mins which was very good. Can you let us know the time of the day and the route you took?

Today morning came from Mahbubnagar to Hyd and took almost 10 mins to cross the toll gate after Jadcherla (near Shadnagar).

You got excellent driving times and a good update. Thanks.

thanks.
Old 16th August 2011, 10:37   #512
BHPian

Did Kuppam- Kolar - Devanahalli- Hyderabad on 15th August 2011

NH-7 Devanahalli - Hyderabad was awesome. There is one diversion opposite to ISKON temple on the Anantapur Bypass. Be watchful !

Excluding breaks for B/fast, Lunch and Fuel, the net drive time was around 5.15 minutes up to the starting point of PVNR flyover. Another 10-12 minutes to Masab Tank.

Btw, folks travelling HYD to BLR note that the GHAR DHABA near Gooty has closed down. The other fair option avaialble on the left side while travelling to BLR is Ravi Theja restaurant about 1/2 km after Ghar Dhaba.

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 16th August 2011 at 10:41.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:20   #513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Did Kuppam- Kolar - Devanahalli- Hyderabad on 15th August 2011
You did not take the NH219? Any reasons?
How did you manage Kolar-Kuppam? Was that through Bangarpet/KGF access?
If so, what were the conditions?
Old 16th August 2011, 12:09   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You did not take the NH219? Any reasons?
How did you manage Kolar-Kuppam? Was that through Bangarpet/KGF access?
If so, what were the conditions?
Onward Journey was on NH7, NH205 ,& NH-219. Road conditions are good to very good on NH205 & NH 219.

On the return, I wanted to drive through KGF and also had to make very brief stop at Penukonda on NH7 to meet an acquaintance; hence the alternate route was chosen.

Road from Kuppam to KGF was deserted narrow minor road with an OK surface; speed of 70 -80 kmph can be maintained . KGF to Kolar via Bangarpet (SH-5) road surface was generally good with ocassional pot holes and rough patches (speeds of 90-110 kmph).
Kolar to Devanahalli (SH-96) was very good with rare pot holes ( sppeds of 100-110 kmph)
Kuppam to Devanahalli was a 2 hours drive in the early morning.
Night_Hawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 08:42   #515
BHPian

Maybe because it was a national holiday of 15-Aug or whatever maybe the reasons, I did not come across any situation where people driving on the wrong side of the road caused a tense moment. I did see a few vehicles driving on the wrong side but no such situation arose which called for me to raise my antenna and be extra cautious. I do not really recollect even slowing down on the Anantpur Bye-Pass. The highway through Kurnool has heavy traffic but even that was bare minimal due to Independence Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Was there yesterday! Now that they have the fly over built, it gives a wonderful view of Brindavan. I've never been inside, but the view from the flyover is awesome. Its such a huge place
I did not visit the ashram at all. I think the ashram gate is below the flyover as the only gate I saw was to Sai Institute of Higher Learning. I was actually visiting some relatives at Nitesh Forest Hills on the same road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
In Bangalore (From Whitefield to NH7), the 39kms were covered in 50 mins which was very good. Can you let us know the time of the day and the route you took?
I started from Hotel Sai Rennaisance opposite Sai Baba's Brindavan Ashram at 09:45am (do not forget that the run was on 15-Aug-2011) and the route I took was :
SH 35 to Unknown road - Google Maps

Quote:
There is one diversion opposite to ISKON temple on the Anantapur Bypass. Be watchful !
The diversion is pretty well marked out and is not a cause of concern at all.
Old 17th August 2011, 10:20   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I did not come across any situation where people driving on the wrong side of the road caused a tense moment.
Rightly pointed out sir ! Even i did not come across any tense moments because of people driving on the wrong side either on 13th or 15th August. There were few episodes of wrong side driving, especially in the vicinity of Kurnool and Dhone but nothing tense. I also observed that these guys have now improvised and keep headlights switched on while driving on the wrong side

NH
Old 17th August 2011, 10:34   #517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Onward Journey was on NH7, NH205 ,& NH-219. Road conditions are good to very good on NH205 & NH 219.

On the return, I wanted to drive through KGF and also had to make very brief stop at Penukonda on NH7 to meet an acquaintance; hence the alternate route was chosen.

Road from Kuppam to KGF was deserted narrow minor road with an OK surface; speed of 70 -80 kmph can be maintained . KGF to Kolar via Bangarpet (SH-5) road surface was generally good with ocassional pot holes and rough patches (speeds of 90-110 kmph).
Kolar to Devanahalli (SH-96) was very good with rare pot holes ( sppeds of 100-110 kmph)
Kuppam to Devanahalli was a 2 hours drive in the early morning.
This is a very good update @Night_Hawk. Especially the route from Kolar-Devanahalli.
I assume traffic would have been very less. If that is the case, this makes a very good case for Bangalore by-pass (NH4 to NH7).
I will update the same in by-pass thread. Thanks again.

Did you find any issues crossing Vijayapura?

Last edited by ampere : 17th August 2011 at 10:36.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:43   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you find any issues crossing Vijayapura?
Thanks ,

Trafiic was very low on the Kolar - Devanhalli stretch could be 15th August effect ?

I bypassed Vijayapura town. Except few pot holes and rough patches in the vicinity of the location of branching out of bypass, I faced no problems
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:57   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, folks travelling HYD to BLR note that the GHAR DHABA near Gooty has closed down. The other fair option avaialble on the left side while travelling to BLR is Ravi Theja restaurant about 1/2 km after Ghar Dhaba.
+1 to that...
I did the route on the same 15thAug weekend.
I started late in Blr and skipped all stops thinking I can have lunch at Gooty Ghar Dhaba.
Ended up going to Ravi Theja instead - but the meals was strictly ok.
So watch out and plan alternative stops, if you can.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:36   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv0 View Post
+1 to that...
I did the route on the same 15thAug weekend.
I started late in Blr and skipped all stops thinking I can have lunch at Gooty Ghar Dhaba.
Ended up going to Ravi Theja instead - but the meals was strictly ok.
So watch out and plan alternative stops, if you can.
I crossed Gooty on 15th around 1:00pm and was in Kurnool at 1:45pm where I stopped for an excellent biryani lunch. Read my travel details a few posts back on this thread itself.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:24   #521
BHPian

Folks - I will be driving to Hyderabad this weekend from Bangalore and will probably start only by 2PM. I will need to reach somewhere near Begumpet I think and I have no clue about the route to be taken. Can you pls suggest the detailed and best route once I reach Hyderabad to go to Begumpet? What time do you think I will make it to Begumpet, given that it will already be night?
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:38   #522
BHPian

1. After crossing the Hyderabad Airport, take the first fly over (PVN flyover). It is around 11 kms fly over
2. Once you get down the fly over, stick to main road and you will get another flyover. Don't take this flyover instead take the left at the signal below the flyover.
3. This is Rd no. 1 Banjara Hills. Keep going straight. Take the fly over, get down the fly over and then you will hit upon the Begumpet.

Absolutely easy. Google maps also will give you the above.

You have not mentioned from here you will start from Bangalore and hence difficult to comment on the time. However from Devenahalli to Begumpet should be a comfortable 6.5 hrs of drive without any breaks.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:49   #523
BHPian

Quote:
1. After crossing the Hyderabad Airport, take the first fly over (PVN flyover). It is around 11 kms fly over
2. Once you get down the fly over, stick to main road and you will get another flyover. Don't take this flyover instead take the left at the signal below the flyover.
3. This is Rd no. 1 Banjara Hills. Keep going straight. Take the fly over, get down the fly over and then you will hit upon the Begumpet.

You have not mentioned from here you will start from Bangalore and hence difficult to comment on the time. However from Devenahalli to Begumpet should be a comfortable 6.5 hrs of drive without any breaks.
+1! The above directions on Google Map are given in the link below :

National Highway 7 to Greenlands Rd - Google Maps

Just before you hit Hyderabad Airport, the road will become 2 lane undivided highway in village Thodapalli (hardly half a kilometre stretch). The link given above will lead you right upto CM's Camp Office in Greenland which is exactly opposite to ITC Kakatiya in Begumpet. You can take further directions from the person you are visiting at Begumpet.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:21   #524
BHPian

Quote:

I would be starting probably from electronic city directly from office.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:11   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I would be starting probably from electronic city directly from office.
I guess it will take you 1.5 to 2 hours to reach Devanahalli from there. Add 6 to 6.5 hours of leisurely driving to Shamshabad airport Jn. Add another 45 minutes to Begumpet from there.

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th August 2011 at 11:13.

Most Viewed