Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 18:43   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
after few seconds i realized that its in the same lane and one crazy auto wala is coming on my way, its all happening within seconds. by that time i have almost covered 3/4 of the truck, then slowed down immediately and came back of the truck , that auto wala crossed me showing me a hand signal --Like saying what boss dont you see i am coming
This stretch of the NH7 is full of such morons especially around Kurnool. We badly need a highway patrol who could put such idiots to task. They just do not understand that the extra money spent in going up to the next available U-turn and heading back is worth far less than the ultimate price they would have to pay should something untoward happen.

At least this idiot had his headlight on.

It's the same shortcut-taking mentality that manifests in behaviour such as crossing railway tracks on the ground even when there's a foot over bridge.

NH7 (this stretch at least) is especially bad in this regard.

Quote:
I dont know if i did correct or not but for next 100 km odd we didnt find any toll gate.
That seems like a good decision, then!

Regards,
spadix
Old 12th May 2011, 20:00   #482
Senior - BHPian

@madaboutCARS Which route did you take to cross Banglore.Did you take NICE road- Hebbal- Yelhanka route or the Nelmangala-Dodaballapur-Devanahalli route.
Old 12th May 2011, 22:16   #483
BHPian

@gajadonga : i didnt took the nice road, somehow i missed that ...

@spadix: we cant help it, so i have started ignoring them as well i myself keeping extra alert while driving at high speed , usually i dont cross 100 kmph
Old 13th May 2011, 11:27   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
While watching news sometime last week, I saw a scroll saying there was an accident in which a villager was killed, and traffic piled up on NH7 for 10 kms, and villagers protesting near the toll gate. It might be this, and if that is the case, they will restart.
An unidentified woman was killed after she was hit by an unidentified vehicle, because the policemen and media at the spot did not rush her to the hospital and chose to wait for the ambulance.

All these villagers are idiots who come down the wrong way, and dance on the road. We pay toll and face the brunt.
Quote:
Incidents:

Thats it. Thanks
It's safer not to give lifts on the highway at night.
About 1), I encounter dozens of such morons when I'm on NH44 (regularly), and used to put down my window and show them my finger. I don't anymore though, because its just not worth the effort.

BTW, I'm an ex-Mysorean.
Old 14th May 2011, 12:35   #485
BHPian

I had a quick run to anantapur on 12th May and drove on this road. Started from Marathahalli at 5:30 AM and was able to reach Anantapur by 8:00 AM. Going was very slow till Devanahalli after which I could speed up and was able to cover the distance between Devanahalli and Anantapur (about 190 km) in about 1 hour 40 mins. I was able to maintain 120kmph consistently in my Swift with occasional bursts to 140kmph. I returned back the same day evening and it took me 4.5 hours, the fading light, rain and traffic after reaching Bangalore costing an extra 2 hours of journey time. The road is so good that it should be possible to reach from Devanahalli to Shamshabad in 5 hours easily.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:37   #486
BHPian

Sorry about not being able to write earlier. Thanks everyone for the help regarding my query. I started on 24 th April at about 7.30 AM from Mangalore towards Bangalore. Reached Nelamangala and proceeded under the flyover towards Dodballapur. The road upto Dodballapur is not good in places(around 3-4kms) but is motorable. After Dodballapur joined the highway towards Devanahalli and from there took left turn to Hyderabad. The road is excellent although I feel the toll is a bit too high. Reached Hyderabad around 9.00 PM. Took the Narasimha Rao flyover to the heart of the city. The hotel guy could not direct me to his place properly. So i asked for directions to auto drivers and was pleasantly surprised by there courteousness in guiding me to the hotel. After two days in Hyderabad proceeded to Amravati. The four laning is not completed after Kamareddy for around some 30 kms. After that places ahead with patches in between completed and some work going on. Took a left turn after Pandharkawada towards Yavatmal and from there to Amravati.
Old 18th May 2011, 14:34   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

Another thing to note is that one of the Toll Gates has shut,this is the one after Jadcherla towards Bangalore(the one which has a fancy looking dark glass building to your left towards blore)not sure what was the reason,but we were waved on and the place looked deserted.One less toll of INR75 to pay
I traveled yesterday night and they have restarted the toll.
Old 6th June 2011, 14:40   #488

I took the NH 7 till Devanahalli and then went via Doddaballapur -> Nelamangla -> Tumkur Rd -> NICE Road -> Mysore Rd (SH 17) outside Kengeri -> Mysore.

Though the roads are in bad shape between Doddaballapur to Nelamangala (SH 74), I was still able to get home in about 10.5hrs (Hyderabad - Mysore; with couple of 20 mins break). The road (NH207) between Devanahalli - Doddaballapur was excellent. Fortunately, I was able to completely avoid Bangalore traffic.

Tolls that I paid during my Hyderabad - Bangalore - Mysore Journey

1) Jadcherla (GMR Jadcherala Expressways Pvt Ltd) @ 54 km - 45/-
2) L&T Western Andhra Tollways Limited - 43/-
3) NHAI-Pullur Tool (just before Kurnool) - 60/-
4) NHAI Toll booth (211 km - 295 km) - 75/-
5) NHAI Toll booth (295 km - 374 km) - 75/-
6) NHAI Toll booth (374 km - 462 km) - 80/-
7) MEP Toll Road Pvt Ltd (Bagepalli - KA) - 60/-

8) NBTPL on NH4 after Nelamangala - 15/-
9) NICE Road (Tumkur Rd to Mysore Rd) - 55/-

Total from Hyderabad to Bangalore: 438/-

Total to Hyderabad to Mysore : 508/-

This is likely to go up for Hyderabad folks who will take the ORR or PVNR expressway which is slotted for toll in the next few months.
adityarao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 19:48   #489
BHPian

Hi Gurus,
I am planning drive to hyd on this Friday and I have a confusion / question about route in Blore till Devanahalli.

I plan to start 5am from Old Madras Road and going alone.
Is it advisable to take the bypass from (before) Hosakote which joins NH207 & then to devanahalli, at this time of day?
Or do I go via city - hebbal - highway? The last time I went to airport at this time the road was crowded with cars trying to catch early morning flights :(
And now we have added headache of road works.

Thanks!
Old 7th June 2011, 20:09   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv0 View Post
Hi Gurus,
I am planning drive to hyd on this Friday and I have a confusion / question about route in Blore till Devanahalli.

Is it advisable to take the bypass from (before) Hosakote which joins NH207 & then to devanahalli, at this time of day? !
Wrong thread Rajiv, put your query here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-2.html
This thread is on bypassing Bangalore, this will help you finding your way out of Bangalore.
Old 7th June 2011, 20:19   #491
BHPian

Thanks @Fordmanchau for pointing it out.

I had the bypass-bangalore, NH207 and this Hyd-Blore Road Condition threads open and ended up posting here out of confusion. My bad!!

Mods: can you pls move the post to the 'bypassing-bangalore' (or can I post again there?) - sorry for additional work load.
Old 7th June 2011, 20:24   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gurus,

Is it advisable to take the bypass from (before) Hosakote which joins NH207 & then to devanahalli, at this time of day?
Or do I go via city - hebbal - highway? The last time I went to airport at this time the road was crowded with cars trying to catch early morning flights :(

Thanks!
I took the regular route via Devanahalli on 12th May, 5:30 AM. It is not as slow as it appears and even though there is traffic, you can still drive along at close to 70 kmph. You will reach the airport junction within 45-50 mins, after which the roads are clear. If you go by Hosakote route also, it will take you the same amount of time.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:33   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gurus,

Thanks!
Stick to OMR-Hebbal-NH7.Its the best route early in the morning,you should be able to reach Devanahalli in around 45-60mins.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:46   #494
Team-BHP Support

As Ranjit said if its early morning, ORR is fine (in-spite of traffic and construction).

If not the best option is the BIAL road from NH4. By-passes the whole distance and you would be in Devanahalli in about 60 minutes max.

Here is the reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1711006

(I have linked this HVK's post on the Bangalore by-pass thread as well.)
Old 8th June 2011, 14:32   #495
BHPian

Quote:
It should normally be fine even at that time.
I normally take that route. I am traveling tomorrow and will be taking that route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks