Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 14:40   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
One has to drive through Gooty for few more days.
Any idea when will the bypass be open for use?
Old 29th November 2010, 14:59   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
If I have to reach Rethibowli by taking PVN Expway from Shamshabad, is there a ramp to get off the flyover?
Do I need to go all the way to NMDC (assuming no U turn at SD hospital)
Or, ORR->Narsingi->Langarhouse route is advised?

thanks in advance.
There are no u-turns,you would have to go all the way till the Banjara Hills flyover and take a u-turn under it and come back to Rethibowli.Do not bother with taking the Langar Houz route as its chaotic unless you intend to reach Hyd very early in the morning.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:05   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There are no u-turns,you would have to go all the way till the Banjara Hills flyover and take a u-turn under it and come back to Rethibowli.Do not bother with taking the Langar Houz route as its chaotic unless you intend to reach Hyd very early in the morning.
Thank you all.
I may stick to the road below the flyover
U turn at masab tank is a bit too far.
Old 6th December 2010, 18:37   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Any idea when will the bypass be open for use?
Any idea about this Gooty bypass? Is it usable now?
Old 6th December 2010, 20:08   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about this Gooty bypass? Is it usable now?
Someone traveled recently should respond on that.

Route through Gooty is not bad as well, it would take 15-30mins through Gooty depending on the traffic and the time you hit the place. It has occasional patches but most of the road can be managed without hiccups.
Old 6th December 2010, 20:17   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Someone traveled recently should respond on that.

Route through Gooty is not bad as well, it would take 15-30mins through Gooty depending on the traffic and the time you hit the place. It has occasional patches but most of the road can be managed without hiccups.
This is one town I always thought there should have been a by pass. I have been travelling through this even from the time before NH7 expansion started. This is prone to jams, because of heavy vehicle traffic coming from Nellore/Cudappah side which joins this some where close to the bus stand. If you are lucky you are peacefully through, else you are in for a min of 30 mins. Some times if you are really unlucky, you may get the village market in the middle of Gooty. I have seen these all
But the remaining good stretch should compensate for this. I will be traveling this weekend. Will update after that.
Old 7th December 2010, 12:24   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be traveling this weekend. Will update after that.
Looking forward to the latest updates. I understand that with this bypass in place, BLR (Hebbal) to HYD (Shamshabad Expressway) should be a 7 hour affair. Comments?
Old 7th December 2010, 16:46   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to the latest updates. I understand that with this bypass in place, BLR (Hebbal) to HYD (Shamshabad Expressway) should be a 7 hour affair. Comments?
Absolutely,maybe another half an hour with fuel stops etc
Old 7th December 2010, 18:19   #354
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it is already 7 hrs between these places.
Last time I travelled was around 6 months before, when Penukonda, Chikkaballapur by pass was not ready, and Anantapur flyover was not done. With that I covered Marathahalli to SR Nagar in 8 hours. (There was a mild drizzle which kept most 2/3 wheeler traffic out of road, they slow you down around the towns)
But with the remaining things done, 7 hrs between Hebbal/Shamshabad should be fine.
btw, I dont touch hebbal to go to Hyd. I take the whitefield->hoskote->NH 207->Devanahalli route to take me out of city.
But I heard there are too many speed breakers. Can someone tell where they are upto? I know a couple of them on devanahalli by pass.
Old 7th December 2010, 19:09   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I I dont touch hebbal to go to Hyd. I take the whitefield->hoskote->NH 207->Devanahalli route to take me out of city.
But I heard there are too many speed breakers. Can someone tell where they are upto? I know a couple of them on devanahalli by pass.
Instead of the complete NH207, you can do:

Whitefield -> Varthur Road -> NH4 -> BIAL Road -> Devanahalli.

(Much better road compared to NH207 and it meets 207 near Devanahalli.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:35   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Instead of the complete NH207, you can do:

Whitefield -> Varthur Road -> NH4 -> BIAL Road -> Devanahalli.

(Much better road compared to NH207 and it meets 207 near Devanahalli.
I actually take the same route. Just didnt know what is that called
Old 9th December 2010, 13:35   #357
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

We drove on this road from Bangalore to Hyd only yesterday. All the bypasses are done, so no need to go through Gooty town etc. At a few places, you have to swing to the other side of the median as some minor work is going on; so, watch out for vehicles suddenly coming in the opposite direction, as there are no boards to indicate that the other side of the road is closed.

Even when both carriageways are open, look out for vehicles on the wrong side of the road taking short cuts to the village/farms, especially farm machinery, bullock carts. We had one or two close shaves yesterday!

Otherwise, Hyd-Bang highway is by far the best road we have ever travelled on. Any other such long good highways? Worth making a trip just to enjoy the sheer pleasure of good roads after the terrible ones in North Karnataka!
Old 10th December 2010, 22:36   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs49 View Post
We drove on this road from Bangalore to Hyd only yesterday.
Thanks for the update. How much time did you take for the drive?
Old 11th December 2010, 17:26   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. How much time did you take for the drive?
About 8 1/2 hours, not including the breaks. BTW, with all the trees having been chopped down, toilet breaks are difficult on this road
Old 13th December 2010, 09:05   #360
BHPian

I drove on Saturday from Bangalore to Hyderabad, and the road is almost complete including Gooty bypass.
Still toll is not being collected at the Gooty stretch, since there is little work pending. Else, toll will be collected end to end.
Work is in progress (2 lanes are operational) on the bridge on Pennar river, and the subsequent connecting stretch.
Otherwise excellent road to drive on. Closer to towns, you can expect people coming on the speed lane, unmindful of what happens to them and others.

Later I realized that they come on speed lane because it is "left side" for them on the wrong way

But the adventure for me was a TDP-Communist rasta roko and we spent 2.5 hrs on the road because of this agitation. We missed one road block, by taking a deviation into Anantapur town, but were caught at the next road block.
Inspite of the 2.5 hrs break apart from my food break at Chikkaballapur, I managed to cover the entire stretch in 9 hrs. (marathahalli to Himayat nagar)
So effective driving time is 7 hrs... I didnt check the mileage yet, but should have returned much lesser mileage because of this high speed driving...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks