Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 11:41   #286
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the updated info......night driving should not be a problem if most of the road is 4 lane barring 30kms of diversions, where anyways u will have to be slow.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:56   #287
BHPian

I feel that the Bangalore Hyderabad road is a tarmac compared to what it used to be in the 80's. guys these roads are excellent vis-a-vis to some in the East-where a single or double road is considered driving in heaven. I wish they could complete the diversions on the Level crossings??
Hyderabad is a great drive from Bangalore-did it recently.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:42   #288
Senior - BHPian

Bypassing Hyderabad

Guys,

If I were to bypass Hyderabad on my way from Bangalore to Nagpur on NH-7, would it have to be via JN Expressway? Also, any good hotels for an overnight halt, preferably on the outskirts?

Some details would be highly appreciated.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:45   #289
Senior - BHPian

Just completed the Blore-Hyd-Blore trip. The NH-7 is in excellent condition sans 6 diversions, 2 were major, 1 was post Ananthpur in Pamidi and the next was in the town called Gooty. The rest of the 4 or so diversions are minor but we need to be careful as in some diversions we might have oncoming traffic on the fast lane.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:51   #290
Senior - BHPian

yes the best way would be via JN EW.Take a left at the signal at the end of the expressway and go on towards Miyapur via Kondapur.At Miyapur crossroads take a right and go on till Bowenpally X Roads(via Kukatpally,Balanagar,Bowenpally).At the Bowenpally circle take a left and you are now on NH7 towards Nagpur.

There is a Swagath de Royal at Gachibowli,which is a decent place to stay the night.WELCOME TO SWAGATH DE ROYAL
Old 30th August 2010, 12:01   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

If I were to bypass Hyderabad on my way from Bangalore to Nagpur on NH-7, would it have to be via JN Expressway? Also, any good hotels for an overnight halt, preferably on the outskirts?

Some details would be highly appreciated.
You need to cross Shamshabad airport and then head for Hyderabad. Dont take the the PVN flyover, few meters ahead, you will find a bypass. Take right and you will bypass Hyderabad and this road will take you to medchal road, which is ahead of bowenpally check post.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:09   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You need to cross Shamshabad airport and then head for Hyderabad. Dont take the the PVN flyover, few meters ahead, you will find a bypass. Take right and you will bypass Hyderabad and this road will take you to medchal road, which is ahead of bowenpally check post.
Hey this looks to be a good option.Could you please elaborate which is this route?
Old 30th August 2010, 12:48   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hey this looks to be a good option.Could you please elaborate which is this route?
This bypass is been there for sometime. I think it is known as old bombay route or something.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:14   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
I feel that the Bangalore Hyderabad road is a tarmac compared to what it used to be in the 80's. guys these roads are excellent vis-a-vis to some in the East-where a single or double road is considered driving in heaven. I wish they could complete the diversions on the Level crossings??
Hyderabad is a great drive from Bangalore-did it recently.
I agree with your views on roads in Eastern India, especially Orissa.

You should have called when you were in Hyd--we could have had a quick meet.

Quote:
This bypass is been there for sometime. I think it is known as old bombay route or something.
Never heard of this--can you please be more elaborate. The old Bombay route, AFAIK', is the one that goes from Tolichowki towards Gachibowli.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:15   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think I have seen this route,iirc,the old bombay route is the one which goes through Gachibowli,telecom nagar and connects to NH9,it does not reach NH7.

Nevertheless if one intends to stay the night at Hyd,then the route via Kondapur is reccomended.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:46   #296
BHPian

anyone travelling towards Hyderabad, from Bangalore during September 18 -- 20 ?

I am relocating to Hyderabad & will be travelling in my baleno on a date between 18th & 20th (not yet decided the exact date). My wife will be joining me in hyd later in october.

So I will be all alone travelling & my doggy will occupy the rear seat. My wife is insisting to have someone along the drive who can talk and keep me busy (she is afraid to let me alone on a beautiful stretch of tarmac ). It will be great if anyone needs to travel during that period. I will be glad to have company !! let me know guys
Old 30th August 2010, 14:23   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
yes the best way would be via JN EW.Take a left at the signal at the end of the expressway and go on towards Miyapur via Kondapur.At Miyapur crossroads take a right and go on till Bowenpally X Roads(via Kukatpally,Balanagar,Bowenpally).At the Bowenpally circle take a left and you are now on NH7 towards Nagpur.

There is a Swagath de Royal at Gachibowli,which is a decent place to stay the night.WELCOME TO SWAGATH DE ROYAL
An alternate diversion from Miyapur to avoid city traffic would be to turn left from Miyapur towards Dindigul followed by Right towards Bahadurpally and then again left towards Medchal. A little longer, but would save a person from city traffic.

Cheers,
Old 30th August 2010, 15:05   #298
Senior - BHPian

For the sake of clarity, is this what we are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hyd-bypass.jpg  

Old 31st August 2010, 10:59   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
An alternate diversion from Miyapur to avoid city traffic would be to turn left from Miyapur towards Dindigul followed by Right towards Bahadurpally and then again left towards Medchal. A little longer, but would save a person from city traffic.

Cheers,
That's the best suggestion. I've used that route to visit my son's college at Dulapally and it is devoid of traffic a kilometer after Miyapur cross-roads. It might be around 10 kms longer, but really worth it as it helps save you innumerable bottlenecks at Kukatpalli, Balanagar and Bowenpally.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:11   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That's the best suggestion. I've used that route to visit my son's college at Dulapally and it is devoid of traffic a kilometer after Miyapur cross-roads. It might be around 10 kms longer, but really worth it as it helps save you innumerable bottlenecks at Kukatpalli, Balanagar and Bowenpally.
Yes true,this is a very good route,but if you are leaving HYD early in the morning(before 7) after an overnight stay at Hyd,then I'd reccomend the kukatpally route to nh7.

This is the route

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks