Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 19:26   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreddy18 View Post
I am planning for bld-hyd trip to meet some relatives etc. Can some one please let me know how many km's is the bad strech (approximately) and also how much toll we have to pay. Does the new road bypasses Anantapur , Chikballapur , Gooty etc.

Thanks in advance.
Gooty is not yet bypassed. The bad stretch is not very long and is less than 20 KMs on the complete stretch of 550+.
The bad stretch is only near the two railway crossings and not so bad. You can maintain speeds of 60-80 kmph and dodge the mild potholes as the traffic is sparse.
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:02   #317
J.Ravi

I am planning for Bangalore-Delhi-Rajasthan trip in November 2010 in my Fiat Linea. While going to Delhi, I want to bypass Hyderabad and reach NH 7. Both MMI and Google map recommend Jawaharlal Nehru Expressway [Outer Ring Road] that deviates NH 7 at Hutpalle and rejoins NH 7near Medchal Lake. Is it okay if take this bypass to reach Nagpur? Kindly enlighten me about the condition of this bypass road.

Old 2nd October 2010, 13:28   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I am planning for Bangalore-Delhi-Rajasthan trip in November 2010 in my Fiat Linea. While going to Delhi, I want to bypass Hyderabad and reach NH 7. Both MMI and Google map recommend Jawaharlal Nehru Expressway [Outer Ring Road] that deviates NH 7 at Hutpalle and rejoins NH 7near Medchal Lake. Is it okay if take this bypass to reach Nagpur? Kindly enlighten me about the condition of this bypass road.
The road through MP to Delhi is supposedly bad at the moment,unless you have a reason to go through MP.Otherwise reccomended route would be BLR-PUNE-BOM-AHMEDABAD-UDP-KISHENGARH-JAIPUR-GGN.

If you do intend to take the route via Hyd,the best route is to take JN Ring Road before the Airport flyover.It is well marked and you wouldnt miss it.Take a left towards Gachibowli at the ring road junction and follow the ring road till the end.You would exit the ring road at Gachibowli signal.At the signal you would need to take a left,go about 100meters and take a U turn and come on to the other lane and then take a left at the same signal to get onto the 4 laned road.Follow the road till the end where it reaches Miyapur Cross Roads.At miyapur cross roads,take a right and go via Kukatpally,Balanagar,Bowenpally.At Bowenpally circle,take a left and you are now on NH7.

PM me in case you need online help,shall be happy to guide you out of Hyd onto NH7.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2010, 14:08   #319
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot for kind and prompt guidance, ranjitp1. I shall finalise my itinerary in a few days.

Old 3rd October 2010, 23:06   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
NH7 is best avoided as I understand from other threads beyond Nagpur(Not sure about CG as well)
Best to stick GQ stretch, towards Pune, and Mumbai-Delhi stretch of GQ again. It will be a little longer but more peace of mind.
Good amount of highway points to stay on the way in GJ and RJ by tourism dept hotels as well. And it suits you well for you to cover RJ as well, as you go by the way, some great food in GJ as well
Old 5th October 2010, 15:15   #321

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Bellary next week. I am planning to take the NH7 (via Kurnool, Goothy) & SH route to get to Bellary. I guess that the roads on the NH7 should be good. I would like to know the status of the roads on the SH.

Appreciate a quick response on this.

Thanks,
Prasant.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:18   #322
Senior - BHPian

Conventionally, the road to Bellary via Guntakal is always in a bad shape, although I am not sure of its current condition.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:24   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprasant View Post
Hi,

I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Bellary next week. I am planning to take the NH7 (via Kurnool, Goothy) & SH route to get to Bellary. I guess that the roads on the NH7 should be good. I would like to know the status of the roads on the SH.

Appreciate a quick response on this.

Thanks,
Prasant.

I guess the road Via Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Gangavaty - Hospet - Bellary would be good. As the traffic is very less. Only the bad strech would be from Hospet to Bellary.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:52   #324

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the inputs.

Prasant.
Old 5th October 2010, 21:26   #325
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
NH7 is best avoided as I understand from other threads beyond Nagpur(Not sure about CG as well)
Best to stick GQ stretch, towards Pune, and Mumbai-Delhi stretch of GQ again.
Thanks sriturl. I have revised my itinerary by totally avoiding Nagpur route.

Old 16th October 2010, 21:46   #326

Planning this route for a Diwali journey (Ex-Hyd). I've been along many times in the past two years, literally watching the highway being constructed. From the posts before, it appears its mostly finished now. If anyone is planning the same trip and would like to coordinate, get in touch!
Old 18th October 2010, 09:34   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
I guess the road Via Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Gangavaty - Hospet - Bellary would be good. As the traffic is very less. Only the bad strech would be from Hospet to Bellary.
Hi,

I am back from my trip to Bellary.

Onward trip was the conventional route

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Mahoobnagar - Raichur - Manvi - Sindhannur - Siruguppa - Bellary.

The roads are OK, rather, not bad, would be more appropriate. Lots & lots of pot-holes on the road. One does a lot of zig-zag to avoid them. The other problem on this route is the number of speed breakers (unmarked) on either side of villages (plenty of them). I left home at 0600 & was in Bellary by 1330 with about 45 min break on the way.

While retuening, I took the route

Bellary - Guntakal - Gooty - Kurnool - Jadcherla- Hyderabad.

The only bad patch on this route is between Bellary & Guntakal. About 15 Km of road on AP side is really bad, in fact, road does not exist on some patches. Traffic is moderate, only truck traffic. After that stretch one gets on the NH7 & hence no problem. I left Bellary at 0700 & reached Samshabad at 1300 with about 45 min break on the way.

I hope that this is useful.

Prasant.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:53   #328

So you did the same time (30 min difference) on both routes? What route did you take from Bellary to Guntakal?
Old 8th November 2010, 12:09   #329
Senior - BHPian

Gooty bypass

Drove back from Hyd this weekend ( Sunday ).

The gooty bypass though not officially open, is ready. atleast one carriageway is operational and there is some traffic using this road.

Coming from hyderabad, if you happen to take this, then you need to get off this road, take a U turn and get back onto the current Highway, near Gates college of engg.

I believe the last stretch is not done yet to join the two roads..

Saves about 30min of time having to go thru the Gooty town..

Overall 7 hrs driving time.

BTW, between Chikaballapur and Gooty, there are boards of NH44 for some reason. anyone know why ?

cheers!
Srini
Old 8th November 2010, 12:21   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

BTW, between Chikaballapur and Gooty, there are boards of NH44 for some reason. anyone know why ?

cheers!
Srini
NH44 is the new name for NH7 under the Highways renumbering project.NH44 is going to run from Srinagar to Kanyakumari clubbing the following highways

{NH 1A (Srinagar-Jammu-Pathankot-Jalandhar) / NH 1 (Jalandhar-Ambala-Delhi) / NH 2 (Delhi-Agra) / NH 3 (Agra-Gwalior) / NH 75 (Gwalior-Datia-Jhansi) / NH 26 (Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon) / NH 7 (Lakhnadon-Nagpur-Adilabad-Hyderabad--Bengaluru-Salem-Madurai-Kanyakumari)}

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks