Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 12:24   #1066
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Just back from a weekend round trip from Hyd to Bang. Sharing some updates.

1) Fresh tarmac laid from around 20kms after Shamshabad all the way upto Jadcherla. Same is the case on the way back as well. There are no lane markings and I advice members to drive with caution especially during nights as you are pretty much without any reference while overtaking and near those medians where the road widens and then suddenly narrows in order to facilitate vehicles taking a turn.
2) Eating options are improving. Though not of high standards, but decent dhabas with clean toilets especially before and after the toll gates.
3) Rroad work still going on near Kurnool. Traffic is haphazard.
4) Interceptors working in full efficiency from the outskirts of Bangalore. Saw many vehicles being challanned especially those from other states that were caught unawares.
5) Lots of fuel stations. Even if you go hungry, I am sure you car will never go hungry.
6) Speed humps preceeded by Barricades especially between Ananthapur and Devanahalli. Humps in KA state are unscientifically designed and most fully loaded cars would scrape a couple of them.
7) Heavy rains with dense fog on the way back in the late evening. Driving was extremely difficult especially in the unmarked section of the highway. Cars were blazing high beams all around and driving as of their tails were on fire.

On the way back, we stopped at a place called Dashmesh dhaba which is on the left side when coming from Bangalore. It is right next to an Old Indian Oil petrol bunk. IIRC its around 20kms before the Gooty bypass and the toll gate . Had awesome Rotis, Panner butter masala and Dal tadka there. Was surpised to see the place full even at 4pm. Perople were even parking cars on the opposite side of the highway and crossing the road to have food here. They have decent restrooms for the womenfolk as well. Highly recommend this to our food lover BHPians.

Last edited by racer_ash : 28th October 2014 at 12:30. Reason: added additional info
racer_ash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 14:13   #1067
BHPian

Returned from Hyderabad on 27th night. Left Bangalore on 23/10 at 4:30AM and was in Lower tank road by 11:30AM. Apart from the un-marked and badly designed humps near Chikkabalapur and the road diversion due to fly-over construction in Kurnool town I could manage decent speeds throughout. For anyone planning to start early from Bangalore please remember that you will find fog between Devanhalli upto Bagepalli. Toll was about Rs 640 each way.

On the return journey started the hotel at 1PM and reached home in Bangalore at 9PM. We made a pitstop in the CCD just outside Jedcherla and didn't stop anywhere else.

While at Hyderabad we tried Biryani and Hyderabadi specialities like Haleem Qubani ka metta and double ka mitta in Paradise (Secunderabad) and Shadab (near Charminar). We also enjoyed vegie food in Chutneys and loved the chats in Gokul chats on Koti main road. We could cover Golkonda fort, chowmahalla palace, salarjung, Charminaar, laad bazaar and nehru zoological park during our stay. Overall very good holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Parking is available at Golconda fort & Qutub Shahi? Or is this also crowded like Charminar area. I was thinking of visiting at least these two, as well as Salarjung mueseum.
Parking near Golconda is on either side of the approach road to the entry gate to the fort. We could find a few teenagers collecting money for the parking close to the gate as we had small kids refusing to walk for long so we parked our car near the Fort gate itself.

Last edited by DerAlte : 30th October 2014 at 13:44. Reason: Please edit first post instead of creating another back-to-back
Old 30th October 2014, 00:30   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

I did a quick Bangalore-Hyderabad round trip during last weekend and here are few observations,

- As mentioned by racer_ash, the speed humps within KA border are dangerous if you miss to notice them. One swift lost control after going over the speed breaker at good speed and landed on the divider.

- Even I missed one speed breaker, but luckily I was able to reduce the speed.

- Came across A1 Plaza around 60Km from Kurnool towards bangalore(on the left side), it was open and at least 5-7 cars parked there. Another 30-40Kms from this location there was one more A1 plaza on the right side.

- As usual cops were on their job near Devanahalli looking out for speeding vehicles.

Here are the toll charges,

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-toll.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
On the way back, we stopped at a place called Dashmesh dhaba which is on the left side when coming from Bangalore. It is right next to an Old Indian Oil petrol bunk. IIRC its around 20kms before the Gooty bypass and the toll gate . Had awesome Rotis, Panner butter masala and Dal tadka there. Was surpised to see the place full even at 4pm. Perople were even parking cars on the opposite side of the highway and crossing the road to have food here. They have decent restrooms for the womenfolk as well. Highly recommend this to our food lover BHPians.
I think we had our break fast at this place. It was next to a Indian Oil petrol bunk. Yes, the food was good.
Old 30th October 2014, 10:39   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Parking is available at Golconda fort & Qutub Shahi? Or is this also crowded like Charminar area. I was thinking of visiting at least these two, as well as Salarjung mueseum.
Golconda fort: There's limited space alongside the fort wall. Turn left as you approach the fort entrance.

Qutub Shahi tombs: Plenty of space inside the compound. There's a mosque near the entrance. Drive past it till you reach the gate to the monuments enclosure. You can park there.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:44   #1070
BHPian

Planning to do Hyd-Bang-Hyd on my bullet in November . My major worry is a flat tyre . Did any of you spot puncher repair shops on the way ? And any guide lines to follow on facing this adversity ?
Old 31st October 2014, 16:13   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujair View Post
Planning to do Hyd-Bang-Hyd on my bullet in November . My major worry is a flat tyre . Did any of you spot puncher repair shops on the way ? And any guide lines to follow on facing this adversity ?
Plenty of puncture repair shops enroute,some isolated stretches but still they are not for long.Guidelines you would have to wait for other bikers to advise.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 16:15   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
There are tyre places on the way, where a puncture should not be a problem, but can space by around 50 km at times, but only in few places. Most other places, you would get some place within small distance if not on highway, by going into a village.

If you are comfortable with changing tube, you can carry a spare tube and a small pump, but hopefully you may not need.
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:51   #1073
BHPian

Hi Guys, next week I am planning to drive down to Bangalore with my wife and kid. My commitments in office are forcing me to start late, around 3 pm in afternoon which means I would be reaching Bangalore around 10.30 pm. This is the first time I would be driving on this route past sunset. People who have done this, can you share your experience? Is it safe, what all things one should be careful about?
Old 2nd November 2014, 16:11   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Hi Guys, next week I am planning to drive down to Bangalore with my wife and kid. My commitments in office are forcing me to start late, around 3 pm in afternoon which means I would be reaching Bangalore around 10.30 pm. This is the first time I would be driving on this route past sunset. People who have done this, can you share your experience? Is it safe, what all things one should be careful about?
No worries. The roads are good through out and there is nothing to worry about safety.
Old 2nd November 2014, 16:53   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
This is the first time I would be driving on this route past sunset. Is it safe, what all things one should be careful about?
Worry about poor vision at sunset, applicable both for you and for others on the road like vehicle drivers, pedestrians, animals, etc.
Worry about people and cattle and other animals making a dash back to their homes and being negligent.
Worry about getting blinded by lights of an oncoming vehicle.
Worry about oncoming vehicles on your side of the road, with lights and without lights. Also vehicles taking turns onto the road or off the road.
Slow down from around 5:30pm till 6:30pm and be extra alert till 9:00/9:30pm.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:55   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
4) Interceptors working in full efficiency from the outskirts of Bangalore. Saw many vehicles being challanned especially those from other states that were caught unawares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
- As usual cops were on their job near Devanahalli looking out for speeding vehicles.
What is the legal speed limit in those areas?
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:17   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
What is the legal speed limit in those areas?
The legal speed limit in that section is 80 Kmph.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:59   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
There are tyre places on the way, where a puncture should not be a problem, but can space by around 50 km at times, but only in few places. Most other places, you would get some place within small distance if not on highway, by going into a village.

If you are comfortable with changing tube, you can carry a spare tube and a small pump, but hopefully you may not need.
Thanks. Changing tube will not be easy. I'll carry a pump and leave the rest to fate
Old 4th November 2014, 15:59   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Changing tube will not be easy. I'll carry a pump and leave the rest to fate
Deflate & fill nitrogen afresh in the tyres preferably in the morning when the temp are down & check for valve caps, keep about 2psi more than the specified limits. Try not to ride get close to the dividers since generally all the foreign objects get collected to the end of the roads on the either side. Don't over heat the tyres by riding at high speeds, take short breaks check sidewalls for overheating if any. Top up nitrogen if required on your way back. Have a safe journey
Old 5th November 2014, 22:26   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Worry about poor vision at sunset, applicable both for you and for others on the road like vehicle drivers, pedestrians, animals, etc.
Worry about people and cattle and other animals making a dash back to their homes and being negligent.
Worry about getting blinded by lights of an oncoming vehicle.
Worry about oncoming vehicles on your side of the road, with lights and without lights. Also vehicles taking turns onto the road or off the road.
Slow down from around 5:30pm till 6:30pm and be extra alert till 9:00/9:30pm.
Made it to Bangaluru, reached at 10.20 pm. I had started at 3.10 pm from vbit park, hitech city. I found the average speed was better past sunset. I encountered 2 scary incidents on the way, an earth mover was coming opposite to me on my lane with his lights on when he should have been on the other side of divider. At another place, a drunk man was lying on divider with his half body on road. Although less tiring, I wouldn't recommend night driving on this speedy highway unless you have no other option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks