Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 16:59   #1051
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Madurai on Oct 1st week. Please let me know the road conditions to bypass Bengalore. I might reach BIA by 9pm
Do you plan top continue to Madurai non-stop? If yes, I would suggest delay your start by 1-2 hours to enter Bangalore about 10:30/11 and you can go through the city. You dont need Nh207 for late hours.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 21:12   #1052

I have not planned the starting time for hyderabad. Thank you and I'll try to go through city, but my return drive will be day time, please let me know which option I have to choose.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:45   #1053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
I have not planned the starting time for hyderabad. Thank you and I'll try to go through city, but my return drive will be day time, please let me know which option I have to choose.
If you are crossing Bangalore during day time, then NH207 is the best option to bypass the city.

Here is the route that you have to follow to the T

NH7 Bangalore Bypass
Old 19th September 2014, 21:04   #1054
BHPian

Hi All
Planning for a bike ride from Krishnagiri to Hyderabad on 26th of this month.
We plan to start from Hotel Alps Residency by 3am

Any options/suggestions for breakfast en route especially between Ananthpur and Kurnool.
Old 20th September 2014, 07:38   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Any options/suggestions for breakfast en route especially between Ananthpur and Kurnool.
Just before Kurnool toll, there are couple of hotels on the right side. Not great but ok kind of hotels.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:42   #1056
BHPian

Hi guys,
I am planning for a hyderabad trip this long weekend.I have the following list of places to visit in one day.Start with Charminar,mecca masjid,laad baazar,chow mohalla palace,Salarjung Museum,purani haveli - nizams museum. Proceed to hussainsagar lake after noon and visit golconda fort in the evening. Is it possible to cover everything in one day or are there places that i should skip in the above list?. Also any decent place to park the car near charminar? I am planning to park the car in anyone of these locations and then walk/hire auto(for the pre lunch session).Please pitch in your suggestions.
Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 22:44   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
Hi guys,
I am planning for a hyderabad trip this long weekend.I have the following list of places to visit in one day.Start with Charminar,mecca masjid,laad baazar,chow mohalla palace,Salarjung Museum,purani haveli - nizams museum. Proceed to hussainsagar lake after noon and visit golconda fort in the evening. Is it possible to cover everything in one day or are there places that i should skip in the above list?. Also any decent place to park the car near charminar? I am planning to park the car in anyone of these locations and then walk/hire auto(for the pre lunch session).Please pitch in your suggestions.
Thanks
Its going to be very tiring,you should ideally be doing golconda and charminar-salarjung circuit on two different days as both involves a lot of walking and would tire you out.Golconda the Light and sound show starting from 630pm is a very good one.

You can park your car at Salarjung and hire a rickshaw or else park your car at Eat Street on Hussain Sagar and hire a rick and come back to Hussainsagar to pick up the car.

Ensure that Salarjung is not closed on the day you go there as it is usually closed on all govt holidays.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 00:02   #1058
BHPian

Hi,
I'll be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Oct 2, and will be staying at Marigold by Greenpark. As I approach Hyderabad, what would be the best route to get to the hotel.
Old 1st October 2014, 01:08   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumards View Post
As I approach Hyderabad, what would be the best route to get to the hotel.
I suggest you take the elevated expressway immediately after the Shamshabad airport. It is a 11-12 kms long 'flyover' that gets you to Mehdipatnam without any traffic. Depending on the time you are planning to drive, you can either go via Banjara Hills or through Raj Bhavan road to reach Punjagutta. From Punjagutta, head towards Begumpet, DO NOT take the flyover, take a left at the signal. Green Park will be on your right.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 10:41   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I'll be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Oct 2, and will be staying at Marigold by Greenpark. As I approach Hyderabad, what would be the best route to get to the hotel.
+1 to Shifu,

Take the elevated road with blue direction board which says Mehdipatnam,Begumpet etc after travelling for approximately 7km from the Airport intersection on NH7.

After you descend the ramp at the end of the 11km flyover,keep to your left all the while and you would see a flyover approaching-DO NOT TAKE the flyover,instead keep beside it and take a left below the flyover.

You are now on Banjara Hills Road 1,keep on the road till the road ends with a big flyover crossing above you and a big round-a-bout below it.Take a right and immediately keep to the right and climb the flyover ramp.

Once you descend the flyover,keep to the left again and you would see another flyover in front of you.DO NOT Take the flyover,keep beside it and take a left.Within 100-200mts you would find Greenpark-Marigold to your right.You would have to go ahead and take a U-Turn and come back to Marigold.

https://goo.gl/maps/GkkI3
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 14:54   #1061
BHPian

Thank you shifu and ranjitp1 for the timely and detailed help!
Old 6th October 2014, 18:42   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys- need some urgent help- a gold Hyundai Verna KA03 MP0579 left Hyderabad this morning 9:30 am towards Bangalore and has not been reachable since around 3 p.m. today. Last whereabouts unknown but presumed to be somewhere along NH7. If anyone has any details of accidents along the route involving a Verna please PM me. 3 occupants in their 50s and above, relatives of a friend of mine.

Is there an NH7 highway patrol helpline we can reach out to?

Edit: Update: Airtel has confirmed that one of the phones is in Devanahalli on Bangalore outskirts, just North of the international airport. Phone is not being answered for the last 4 hours. Another phone in the car also unresponsive, a third is switched off. But given the location, seems they may be OK.

Final Edit: The car has reached home, safe. Apparently the heavy rain slowed progress and all the phones were off/ on silent.

Thanks for those who reached out- you know who you are!

Last edited by noopster : 6th October 2014 at 20:06. Reason: Corrected location
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 23:45   #1063
BHPian

I just returned to B'lore from a 3-day trip to Hyderabad. Here's a quick update...
- The directions by ranjitp1 to my hotel (Marigold by Greenpark) were spot on (thank you again, ranjitp1!).
- As others have posted earlier in this thread, the highway is great throughout barring a few stretches that have speed breakers (mostly between KIA and Chikballapura). With 3-4 breaks, each lasting 20 to 30 minutes, I was able to complete the trip between my home in HSR layout to the hotel in Hyderabad in about 9 hours.
- The toll came to over Rs.600 in each direction. I lost a few receipts and so haven't been able to calculate accurately.
- Lots of flyovers under construction in Hyderabad -- for the metro I think. So at times my GPS directions weren't reliable in areas where there were diversions, but not too much off the mark.
- Distance covered: 1300 km (including ~100km within Hyderabad). I estimate that I consumed between 80 and 85 litres of Petrol with the a/c on all the time. Not bad IMO for an 8-year-old Baleno. [I had posted earlier about a non-working rear-right power-window. Before the trip, I had a MASS guy jam the window shut using foam pads and enquired with AutoMech near Jakkasandra about an aftermarket replacement. Still waiting to hear from them. During the trip, that window kept sliding down a few centimetres... a little annoying, but we managed -- no rains thankfully.]
- The hotel (Marigold by Greenpark) was great... our package included breakfast and one buffet meal (we opted for dinner). Good service, safe covered parking, comfortable, spacious, and clean rooms, good food.
- Over 3 days, we covered Golconda Fort, Qutub Shahi tombs, Charminar, Hussain Sagar lake, Birla Mandir, Salarjung Museum, Shilparam, plus some shopping in the Lad bazaar and Chudi bazaar areas. Parking at Salarjung Museum was full. So we had to drive around a bit in very crowded and narrow lanes till we found a reasonably safe-looking spot near the police commissioner's office. For the visit to Charminar, on the advise of the hotel's transport desk, we took an auto -- wise decision on hind sight. It took ~20 minutes for the auto to cover the last one kilometer! The lane leading up to the monument was jam packed with shoppers -- probably because it was Bakrid eve. We visited (or drove around) Husain Sagar lake 3-4 times during the trip. Most times, the roads by the lake were crowded with a festive atmosphere -- there were posters proclaiming "Bathukamma" at several places -- I was told it is an event connected with Dussera and Durga puja.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:37   #1064
BHPian

Planning for a 5 day trip to Hyd on 23rd(4AM start hopefully) in my swift vdi with family. Have read about the poor facilities to break the journey so taking packed breakfast. Planning to visit Golconda, Ramoji, Hussain Sagar, Nehru zoological park, Charminar and shopping areas in the old city during our stay. Will be staying in Courtyard Marriot during my stay and return is planned on 27th (2/3PM hopefully).

Wanted to find out any latest updates on the route from the frequent travelers on this route? Any other suggestions on places to visit? As we already have a long list of non-veg eat outs wanted to find out about any good veg options (famous for local cuisines) as well
Old 28th October 2014, 11:53   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
- Over 3 days, we covered Golconda Fort, Qutub Shahi tombs, Charminar, Hussain Sagar lake, Birla Mandir, Salarjung Museum, Shilparam, plus some shopping in the Lad bazaar and Chudi bazaar areas.
Parking is available at Golconda fort & Qutub Shahi? Or is this also crowded like Charminar area. I was thinking of visiting at least these two, as well as Salarjung mueseum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks