Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 14:22   #976
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Best would be Hyd-Lepakshi-Devanahalli-NH207 (Hoskote-Sarjapur-Baglur)-Hosur.
Ampere,

There is another route just before Chikka Tirupati through Malur, which connects to Bagalur. Did you ever try this one?

Link to route : http://goo.gl/maps/xeClm

Cheers,
Greg
Old 16th December 2013, 14:38   #977
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
There is another route just before Chikka Tirupati through Malur, which connects to Bagalur. Did you ever try this one?
I did see it on maps, but I never tried. Simply because its too narrow and may go through fields and small establishments. On the other hand 207 is wide and well tarred road.
Old 16th December 2013, 14:52   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Ampere,
Link to route : http://goo.gl/maps/xeClm
Greg
That is the regular route that I take when I travel from Hyderabad to Bypass Banglore.
From ChikkaTiripathi the road you mentioned connects to the Malur-Bagalur
road.This is a single road and is about 4kms with occasional potholes but easily
manageable.Travelling for the first time then preferably daytime you can travel
in this route as it is an isolated stretch.
I regularly take this route and have traveled in the night also.
It takes about 1.15hrs from Devanahalli bus stand to Hosur bus stand.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by gajadonga : 16th December 2013 at 14:54.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 15:28   #979

Hi ,

One last query- Are there any hotels en route between Bangalore and Hyderabad. I am leaving Bangalore by 6am on 21st so that I can be at Hyd by noon. Any recommended places for breakfast and lunch and also Fuel outlets to fill up.

In the return direction, Hyderabad-Lepakshi-Cochin. I plan to deviate from Devanahalli and continue on the NH207 via Hoskote-Chikka Tirupathi-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur. Any restaurants on this route.I hope this is the right route.
KL07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 16:56   #980
Senior - BHPian

There are two decent eating places on the highway one is at Kurnool IBP bunk Ghar Dhaba
which is about 15kms after Kurnool towards Hyderabad.

The next is at Chikaballapur IBP bunk Kamat which is about 10kms after the Chikabalapur
town towards Penukonda.

Kurnool town has some restaurants on the bypass but have not tried in these places.

Another Ghar dhaba between Dhone and Gooty (IBP bunk)

From Devanahalli via Hoskote, Chikka Tirupathi upto Hosur no known eating places but
at Devanahalli bus stand has a Bakery you can stock up some food there enroute.

Refuel options plenty on the highway and lot of Dhabas too if you can manage highway food.

Hope this helps

Last edited by gajadonga : 16th December 2013 at 16:59.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 12:14   #981
Senior - BHPian

Are there any hotels/motels ( on the highway itself ) on the Hyd-Blr route ?

I remember seeing a motel on the left after a toll gate when I was returning from Hyd in October , but I don't remember which toll gate it was - so any help will be appreciated.
Old 18th December 2013, 12:39   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Are there any hotels/motels ( on the highway itself ) on the Hyd-Blr route ?

I remember seeing a motel on the left after a toll gate when I was returning from Hyd in October , but I don't remember which toll gate it was - so any help will be appreciated.
Thats the Hill Park Drive-In.There was a CCD also attached to it-the only one on this stretch(this has moved to inside the town afaik).To your left towards Bangalore..Approx 40kms from the airport turnoff at Shamshabad.Its open from 7am till about 11pm. This is after the Jadcherla Toll Gate.

http://goo.gl/maps/oAHGt

CCD:

http://goo.gl/maps/uH06M

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 18th December 2013 at 12:46.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 08:07   #983
rv3
BHPian

Here is my experience....

On 18th Dec, started from home (in E City) at 6:20am. Wanted to start earlier but remembered at the last moment that it is winter time and the airport road will be lot foggy. Turned out to be correct as the road after Airport was completely foggy and visibility was poor even at 7:30am. Good we didn't start earlier.

Reached airport near-abouts at 7:30am (70 minutes) and then after 3 road breakers, it was a breeze of a drive.

9:30am in Ananthpur. Kept speeds at less than 110kph (mostly 100) and due to early morning conditions and less traffic, was able to travel quickly.

30 minute break in Ananthpur. My wife had packed a bunch of food so didn't bother about searching for a hotel (though I did go through Kamat on the way). Started Ananthpur at 10am.

Next Stop was Kurnool at 11:30am. In the meantime, picked up speeds in excess of 100kph (mostly at 110-120) and due to the very good road conditions maintained constant speeds. Stopped for a bio-break at Kurnool.

11:35am from Kurnool and the next stop was Hyderabad at 2:40pm. The whole road was good with less traffic (was I lucky?). Completed the whole journey in just above 8 hours and I was slightly surprised.

Thanks to all the people who wrote their experiences in this thread and also to the Ford suspension. It's my best practice to fill Nitrogen in the tyres and pump it up a bit. Usual numbers of 36/34 (front/back wheels) upped to 38/36 and it really helped. Paid nearly 550+ in toll with the highest being 90 rupees and the lowest at Rs. 20.
rv3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:34   #984
Senior - BHPian

Took the Hyd-Blr route while returning from Basara on Sat Dec 21. There was police presence on all the toll gates and several of the barricades and they were stopping and checking vehicles. I was asked to show open my boot and my luggage bag at the Jadcherla toll gate at around 2pm.

At the other gates they didn't inspect my car when they saw me travelling with family. Don't know the reason behind the checking.
Old 27th December 2013, 13:18   #985

My Cochin-Hyderabad experience.

The onward drive was planned in two segments - Cochin-Bangalore (on day 1) and Bangalore-Hyderabad ( on day 2). We started off from Cochin at 07.20 am crossed Trichur (09.00 am ), Palakkad(10.10 am) and reached Avinashi by 12.05 pm. This included a half an hour for breakfast between Cochin and Trichur. The road conditions from Cochin upto about 20 kms beofre Palakkad is excellent. Unfortunately took the route via Walayar which further delayed us due to the choking traffic and poor roads till Coimbatore L&T.A word of caution, there are road humps on flyovers and also poorly tarred diversions between Coimbatore and Avinashi.

It was a breeze from Avinashi to Bangalore, crossing Salem (1.40 pm) and reaching Shoolagiri for a late lunch at 3.30 pm. We refueled ( both food and diesel) and started off at 4 pm and reached the Bangalore Silk Board at 4.55 pm, from where we were literally crawling all the way upto Gandhinagar.

The next day , we started from Bangalore by 7.45 am.But thanks to some local advise, lost ourselves within Bangalore town and finally crossed Bangalore Airport toll at 09.05 am. As advised by fellow BHPians, halted at Hotel Kamat for breakfast at 09.30 am and hit the roads at 10.15 am. From then on it was a non stop haul all the way till Hyderabad except for a leak and fuel break at a BP pump a little after Kurnool. Crossed Anantapur (11.45 am), Gooty (12.10 pm), Kurnool (1.05pm) and reached Aramgarh Junvtion, Hyderabad at 3.25 pm. Roads were in excellent shape all the way from Bangalore Airport till Hyderabad, except for the speed breakers. As sdp1975 said, there were police personnel near toll gates , but none on the Bangalore - Hyderabad direction, fortunately.
KL07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 13:37   #986

The return journey - Hyderabad-Lepakshi-Cochin was done in a single day. Started off from Aramgarh Jn. at 07.50 am. Crossed Kurnool (09.55 am) and halted at Anantpur for a leak and fuel break at 11.15 am.We diverted from Kodikonda towards Lepakshi at 12.20 pm ( approximately 107 kms from Anantpur). Lepakshi is 16 kms away from Kodikonda and is a must visit for people who love to travel into the past. We rejoined NH-7 at Kodikonda by 1.45 pm and diverted from Devanahalli at 2.45 pm.

The Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur- Hosur NH 207 is in good shape and is the best option to bypass Banagalore. We reached Hosur at 4.05 pm and halted for a late lunch at Shoolagiri at 4.25 pm. We started off from Shoolagiri at 5.00 pm, crossed Salem (6.45 pm), Coimbatore (9.00 pm) and ran non stop till Palakkad, where we halted for dinner at 10.10 pm. We commenced the last segment Palakkad- Cochin at 10.30 pm and reached Cochin at 12.45 am.

The roads (approximately 940 kms) from Hyderabad till Avinashi is in great shape and is a feast for any high speed traveller. Finally covered 1134 kms in 14.5 hrs( excluding all breaks) and of course, a dream drive. Also, a big thank you to ranjitp1,ampere ,mpksuhas, alokgunhal and rv3 for their help.
KL07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 17:41   #987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL07 View Post
We rejoined NH-7 at Kodikonda by 1.45 pm and diverted from Devanahalli at 2.45 pm.

The Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur- Hosur NH 207 is in good shape and is the best option to bypass Banagalore. We reached Hosur at 4.05 pm and halted for a late lunch at Shoolagiri at 4.25 pm.
Perfect Bangalore bypass timing. You crossed about 90 km in about one and quarter of an hour.
Old 31st December 2013, 13:32   #988

An update on our Bangalore-Hyd trip :

Onward : 27/12 Start time from Blr : 8.15 AM, Reached Hyd (Kompally) - 5 PM
Return : 29/12 Start time from Hyd : 2.15 PM, Reached Blr - 11.45 PM

Highway used - NH7 (Blr-Devanahalli-Anantapur-Kurnool-Hyd).
Vehicle - Scorpio SLX 2.6

During onward drive, overall drive was very good with near-straight roads and smooth highway traffic with occassional trucks after Kurnool. After we passed Devanahalli, the traffic was almost negligible till Kurnool. Watch out for speed breakers (yes it happens only in India) after Devanahalli for about 10-15 km at every major village junction and/or check post. We had a tea break at 12 pm at Reliance A1 Plaza (decent for family pit stop). Overall number of breaks were at 10 AM for breakfast (15 min.), 12 pm tea break, and at 2.30 PM for lunch. Btw this was home cooked food Other than the Kamat hotel which we passed just before Penumkonda there were no other decent eateries. A lot of "family dhabas" but looked shady. We reached Hyd but had to navigate the entire Outer Ring Road (which is world class btw) to reach my friend's place in Kompally - almost 80 km !! Bangalore desperately needs a similar thing, not the pathetic ORR that exists now.

During the drive back we started off from a resort (named Deccan Trails) so had to drive for almost 70km till Shadnagar and then catch NH7. After that was mostly smooth drive at speed of 120+ kmph till sunset - after that was averaging 90kmph due to trucks and being wary in general after dark. Took 1 break for fuel and two tea breaks.

Toll fees was almost 550/- one way but no complaints due to excellent maintenance throughout.
scorpion07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 14:36   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL07 View Post
The return journey - Hyderabad-Lepakshi-Cochin was done in a single day.....
Thanks for the update. Your Our family have been contemplating a road trip to my ancestral town of Palakkad from Hyderabad from quite a long time. But we were never sure of the road conditions beyond Bangalore till Palakkad. Your post has come as an inspiration to undertake the road trip.

Our previous journeys were through the Great Indian Railways or flying. The former was very inconvenient in terms of timings and the latter was pretty costly for 5 people. With a road trip, we can have combine convenience and economy. We plan to break the journey in Bangalore though.

Last edited by racer_ash : 31st December 2013 at 14:39. Reason: spell check
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 14:38   #990
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Thanks for the update. Your Our family have been contemplating a road trip to my ancestral town of Palakkad from hyderabad from quite a long time. But we were never sure of the road conditions from Bangalore to Palakkad. Your post has come as an inspiration to undertake the road trip. Our previous journeys were through the Great Indian Railways or flying. The former was very inconvenient in terms of timings and the latter was pretty costly for 5 people. With a road trip, we can have combine convenience and economy. We plan to break the journey in Bangalore though.

The highway from Hyderabad to Bangalore is lovely.
Once you get in to Bangalore and then get out the other side, the highway through Salem, Avanashi etc all the way down to Palakkad is another fantastic driving experience.
Well worth a try if you like driving.
Only thing, to enjoy it thoroughly, do your driving in the day time.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks