Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2021, 21:47   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post

I started from Whitefield at 6.30 am and reached hotel in Gachibowli at 4.30 pm with around 1 hr 15 mins breaks in between.

The total toll cost was Rs.1,800 (includes Rs. 40 for ORR).
Are you sure about the toll amount? Whitefield to Gachibowli is about 575km (max 600km depending on the specific start and end points), and for that, Rs. 1,800 toll sounds way too high. In general the highway tolls are about Rs. 1 per km or slightly more than that. I have done Bangalore Hyderabad drive many times, and do not remember the toll being this high.

Or maybe Rs. 1,800 was the toll for the round trip and not one way. Was that the case?

Last edited by Dr.AD : 20th February 2021 at 21:54.
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 00:00   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Are you sure about the toll amount? Whitefield to Gachibowli is about 575km (max 600km depending on the specific start and end points), and for that, Rs. 1,800 toll sounds way too high.

Or maybe Rs. 1,800 was the toll for the round trip and not one way. Was that the case?
Sorry Dr., my mistake. The toll was Rs. 700. I had started with Rs. 2500 in my wallet and ended with Rs. 1800, messed up in quoting the figures

You are right, the toll was Rs. 700 for a 580km journey. Thanks for pointing out.
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 15:28   #1728
BHPian

We completed the return journey yesterday from Hyderabad ro Bangalore & felt that the lane from Bangalore to Hyderbad was in better shape than this one. One good thing was that this side had fewer speed breakers than the other side between Kurnool and Anantpur. After Anantpur it was equally bad.

We spotted a cart selling falooda right after the Marur toll plaza. We had rabri & faluda here, all for 90 bucks. The rabri was cold & the falooda was also very good. One may try it out for a respite especially in the summer months. Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-pxl_20210226_100034478.portrait.jpg
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-pxl_20210226_100148811.portrait.jpg
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:13   #1729
Senior - BHPian

Are there any Covid related restrictions (Covid test report, e - pass etc) which is required to be produced when crossing over from Karnataka into AP by road - or is it an unrestricted drive as of today?

Also, how far would the entry border/checkpost into AP be from the Bangalore airport (distance from airpot to the border entry point)?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 5th March 2021 at 11:20.
Old 8th March 2021, 22:32   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Are there any Covid related restrictions (Covid test report, e - pass etc) which is required to be produced when crossing over from Karnataka into AP by road - or is it an unrestricted drive as of today?

Also, how far would the entry border/checkpost into AP be from the Bangalore airport (distance from airpot to the border entry point)?
My experience is a bit dated, but, I believe there are no such checks when entering AP.

The AP border is about 87 km from the airport.

Hope this helps. Cheers and safe travels.
FlashMustang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 11:30   #1731
BHPian

I did a Hyd - Blr - Hyd trip between 11th and 20th Feb. It was OK overall, never seen so much traffic in any of my previous drives and it was the longest of all my Hyd - Blr drives. There are lot more restaurants on the way, Bluemoon, Hangouts and others were open. Occupancy was not as much as I used to see earlier but still decent. As usual, be careful when you are 1 hours away from Hyd or Blore and watch out for autos, bikers suddenly changing lanes or making u turns.
IUNKWN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 09:56   #1732

Hey everyone,

We are planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad tomorrow (March 26), starting early around 6 am from Bangalore.

However just found out that tomorrow is Bharat Bandh. What do you guys recommend ? Should we carry on with our plan or not ?

Urgent replies requested please, will be much appreciated.
Old 25th March 2021, 12:52   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
However just found out that tomorrow is Bharat Bandh. What do you guys recommend ? Should we carry on with our plan or not ?

Urgent replies requested please, will be much appreciated.

As tomorrow's bandh is being supported by YSRCP (the ruling party in AP) and you are expected to travel via AP, it's advisable to put off the plan for a later date.
Old 5th April 2021, 18:11   #1734
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there any travel restrictions while crossing KA AP TS borders? I am planning to do BLR HYD BLR trip this week.
Old 6th April 2021, 10:57   #1735
BHPian

No checks when you enter A.P from Karnataka and also when you enter Telangana from AP side. On your return journey you will not face any problem entering A.P from Telangana. Also entering Karnataka from A.P is not an issue. Only problem you may face is entering Bangalore city limits, as you may require COVID negative certificate. Don’t know if it is being implemented strictly and if Bangalore residents are exempted.
hydtraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:17   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Are there any travel restrictions while crossing KA AP TS borders? I am planning to do BLR HYD BLR trip this week.
One of my neighbor drove from Hyd to Bangalore just yesterday and he wasn’t stopped or asked for anything enroute anywhere. He left Hyd around 7 am and reached Blr around 4 pm or so.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:54   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
No checks sir.

Hit us up on PM when you reach HYD, will you? we'd love to look at your ride!
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 16:25   #1738
BHPian

No checks from Blr -> AP -> TS.

Just did a Blr -> Delhi on 8th.
Old 25th April 2021, 07:48   #1739
BHPian

Is a Covid negative certificate required now for travel by road from Hyderabad to Bangalore? Also, are there any restrictions near the TS-AP-KA borders?
Old 26th April 2021, 09:57   #1740
BHPian

I travelled last week from Kurnool to Bangalore and no such restrictions were present. Non KA vehicles were being stopped near Devanahalli and police were taking down the address and trip related details etc.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks