Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2019, 23:53   #1606
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Amazon kitchens about 20kms before Kurnool while traveling from Banglore towards Hyderabad.
Neat washroom adequate parking..
Thanks but that's travelling 20km ahead and then coming back to Kurnool for me .
Need to find something before Kurnool
Old 8th July 2019, 16:51   #1607
BHPian

Road to Bangalore has completely changed from what it used to a year back. Lot of speed humps have come up in AP, quiet high traffic before Kurnool from Hyderabad. Speed guns at Penakonda, Anantpur and Kurnool. Got flagged at Penakonda near Kia factory, where they have put the speed limit to 80. Not a comfortable drive as it used to be before.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:26   #1608
BHPian

Guys, are there any CCD or similar food-joints/cafe between Bangalore and Kurnool which are open through the night. I'll be driving (with family) to Amrabad Tiger Reserve this weekend starting from Bangalore at midnight. Need suggestions en-route for restroom and coffee break.
Old 28th August 2019, 14:37   #1609
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, are there any CCD or similar food-joints/cafe between Bangalore and Kurnool which are open through the night.
There is a CCD after Kasepalli toll, not sure if they're open thru the night though.
The Hyderabad airport isn't too far from the Outer Ring Road, so you can detour towards Shamshabad if necessary (in case you don't find any other options).
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:47   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There is a CCD after Kasepalli toll, not sure if they're open thru the night though.
If you are referring to the only one attached to HPCL fuel station, then this CCD is operational 24 Hours.

In General, from what I have seen, all CCDs on National Highways, especially those attached to Fuel stations operate round the clock just like the fuel station itself. Even the most dull looking CCD continue to operate all through the night. I am not sure whether the fuel station is 24 hours through because I had stopped here only during a day trip.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 16:53   #1611
BHPian

Guys, I will be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on the 1st October, 2019 with family on my Honda BRV. Any suggestions, tips are welcome. Also please let me know good places to have meals and good fuel stations. The road condition as I am hearing lot of spread breakers on the way. When can I expect such speed breakers to start coming? I am quite afraid as I have bumped on many such in my past experience with my Alto.
Old 17th September 2019, 22:23   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
Guys, I will be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on the 1st October, 2019 with family on my Honda BRV. Any suggestions, tips are welcome. Also please let me know good places to have meals and good fuel stations. The road condition as I am hearing lot of spread breakers on the way. When can I expect such speed breakers to start coming? I am quite afraid as I have bumped on many such in my past experience with my Alto.
Reading a previous post, I understand that the speed breakers start from after the Bagepalli Toll Plaza, which is around 200 kms + from my home. Now the question is that how far are those speed breakers distributed ? Is it throughout the way till Hyderabad ? Then it would be a pain for sure to drive at a very low speed, taking lot of time to reach. Please suggest. While coming back when we should be cautious about the speed breakers and again till which distance ?
Old 18th September 2019, 03:05   #1613
BHPian

Coming from Bangalore there is a nasty speedbreaker I think one junction before bagepalli toll.I took a hit but landed safely after the vehicle was airborne for a second, it was raining so couldn't see it clearly.It is better to slow down at all 4 way junctions because some of them have speed breakers and some of them don't.Overall I can say there is not more than 6-7 in this route.
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 10:51   #1614
BHPian

I've done this stretch a few times. Speed breakers are at important junctions like state borders, Anantpur, Gooty, etc. Barring those the road is excellent. There's a good restaurant just before Gooty to the left and another to the right.

Note - At off peak hours, only a single booth at certain toll plaza's accept vehicles causing a huge build up. Get behind the lorry/bus that is honking the most. They will run through the barricades.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 22:35   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I will be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on the 1st October, 2019 with family on my Honda BRV. Any suggestions, tips are welcome. Also please let me know good places to have meals and good fuel stations.
Bharat Petroleum, Petrol Pump -BP-Gooty
GOOTY, ANANTAPUR, Andhra Pradesh 515401
085522 60399
(First result on google search as you enter the above, you can set your map location accordingly. It’s a coco station.)

Hotel Blue Moon Highway Foodcourt
NH-7, Sy No. 116/1B Miduthuru Village, Peddavaduguru Mandal, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515405
091770 20555

Both these should take care of your food and fuel needs. Drive safe.
greendream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:52   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Update on yesterday's drive to Banglore and back.

Devanahalli so many new places for stopover for food.

Anathpur bypass some some new restaurants opening up.

The roads between Dhone and Kurnool is uneven at many places maybe because of recent rains and has developed pot holes in some stretches.

Kurnool - Hyderabad.
Beechupalli to Pebbair road works are going on. So traffic is diverted to the single carriage way.

Last edited by gajadonga : 23rd September 2019 at 11:55.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 00:59   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Update on yesterday's drive to Banglore and back.

Devanahalli so many new places for stopover for food.

Anathpur bypass some some new restaurants opening up.

The roads between Dhone and Kurnool is uneven at many places maybe because of recent rains and has developed pot holes in some stretches.

Kurnool - Hyderabad.
Beechupalli to Pebbair road works are going on. So traffic is diverted to the single carriage way.
Thanks mate. This would surely help me. I am planning to drive at night.
Old 7th October 2019, 00:06   #1618
BHPian

Finally, I completed my trip to Hyderabad with my family. With the grace of God and all your good wishes, the journey remained safe throughout.

The overall experience of the drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad was not very good. I started at past midnight on the 30th September night from my home at Mahadevapura. Went straight upto Hebbal and then took a right towards airport. Reached airport toll plaza at around 1:15 AM. Crossed and then after a few kilometers started the panic. A sudden speed breaker came up. I had to pull the brakes hard and my decent moving BRV made it really quick to be able to control just before the speed breaker, even though at the cost of my laptop bag falling down on the floor from the second row seat and also my camera bag rolling down as well. My wife and son started advising me to go slow. It is very difficult to make them understand that I was at a speed between 80 - 100 kmph.

On a national highway where we travel long distance, this is a speed which has to be maintained, otherwise the driver gets tired very soon of he boring slow drive. Anyway, I kept a very close look on the road and the headlights of the car along with the fog lamps looked good. Even though at various places there were multiple speed breakers and some I had crossed with speed making the car to jerk significantly though no harm done. Finally I took a strategy to follow Volvo buses who are quite used to the route and knows where the speed breakers are. I could manage to do that for 50 kilometers or so, but as soon as a toll plaza came, the toll people made me take the normal lane instead of the Fastag lane and surprisingly let the Volvo bus through the Fastag lane. I lost sight of the bus. After that I was extremely vigilant and by morning 6:30 AM, I reached Kurnool.

Here I searched for a COCO petrol bunk. I still had enough petrol to go another 150 kms but still wanted to make a full tank before an emergency situation arises. Luckily I found one on the map on the other side of the road. This was a Indian Oil COCO. I had a HP Petrol bunk on the left side but still opted to go to the Indian Oil COCO. I thank myself for the decision. The petrol bunk is too good with all good staffs, they filled petrol and when I asked for air check, they said it was not running at that time but still they would make arrangement and asked me to wait for some time. A person went inside the office, started the motor for air and filled the car with air as well. I got a U turn soon after leaving the petrol bunk. This one is exactly 370 kms from my home at Bangalore. From Kurnool till Hyderabad the road is pretty decent and there were no speed breakers. Also, since it was morning, I could safely reach good triple digit speeds on my car on some stretches.

I think there is a rev limiter installed on my car which does not allow the RPM to cross 3500 on the 6th gear, which is why the car didn't goto to higher speeds. Anyway, I don't mind as that none of my family members nor me enjoy driving that much fast. I reached the hotel in Hyderabad at around 10:45 AM. The hotel was in Hitech City, Madhapur. Well, I had heard a lot about Bangalore traffic, but believe me when I reached Hyderabad, I was almost screaming seeing the traffic. People are extremely restless and keeps driving unless they hit someone or get hit by someone. Somehow I managed to escape till the hotel without a scratch. I decided not to take my car in the city traffic anymore and had used Ola and local autos to move around in Hyderabad, which proved beneficial to me in terms of peace of mind.

Well a tip for all of you, my wife used to get the fare Ola is offering for a trip from one point to another and then she used to bargain with the Autowalas at a much cheaper rate and sometimes even succeeded. LOL: While returning back on 4th October, I started at around 7:15 PM from Hyderabad and reached home at 5:45 AM. I took some breaks in between. Overall I didn't feel this route is good for driving, due to the speed breakers. I still cherish the routes from Bangalore to Salem or Chennai and I think those are much better for driving pleasure.

One last note before I finish, on the 3rd October I received a SMS stating that I am being charged RS 260 as a dispute fee for the transaction made at the Marur toll plaza during my onward journey. I couldn't take care of that in Hyderabad, but after coming back to Bangalore, called the ICICI Fastag guys and found that it was due to the fact that my vehicle number is not updated. So, I had to raise a complaint with photo copies of RC book and few photos of the car. Also I attached the screenshot of the SMS received. I am yet to receive an update from the team.

Thanks for your patience to read till the end, really appreciate it.

Last edited by ampere : 7th October 2019 at 06:52. Reason: Formatted for readability. Removed mentions of high speeds.
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 22:58   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
called the ICICI Fastag guys and found that it was due to the fact that my vehicle number is not updated. So, I had to raise a complaint with photo copies of RC book and few photos of the car. Also I attached the screenshot of the SMS received. I am yet to receive an update from the team.

Thanks for your patience to read till the end, really appreciate it.
Does your fastag not have any registration number? Or did you change your registration number and didn't update the new one in Fastag?
Old 19th October 2019, 23:52   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Does your fastag not have any registration number? Or did you change your registration number and didn't update the new one in Fastag?
Actually I received the fastag along with my new vehicle last year in November. As I. Didn't have much idea, i registered online myself and activated the account. It had taken the VIN number by default. So now it seems the car registration number is required too. I have raised a charge back with ICICI bank for this, yet to receive a response.

Most Viewed