Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th October 2020, 16:25   #1681
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Offlate, I hear from many of my friends / colleagues who do Hyd - Blr that the timing is always above the 6 hours average, airport to airport, with sedate driving.

The same route, same roads and the same cars used to do this atleast 30 minutes ahead, about 5.5 hours until about 2018 end. I am wondering what has changed !. The Blr - Hyd side continues to stay around the 5.5 hour mark these days.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:52   #1682
BHPian

Between Kurnool and Gooty the road has become quite bumpy with lots patches, broken top surface etc.

Also, in general the traffic has increased on this highway with lots of big trailer trucks due to the Kia plant.

These are my observations based on my regular Bangalore- Kurnool trips. Not sure if anything else is contributing to this in Hyderabad- Kurnool stretch.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 22:47   #1683
BHPian

Traffic has increased in the Hyderabad-Jadcherla/Mehboobnagar stretch too. On our way from HYD to BLR, we could make decent speeds only after Jedcherla due to lot of traffic. On the way back too, traffic increased after Jecherla.

I have also noticed more speed breakers on the HYD-BLR highway now. Earlier, there used to be more speed breakers in Karnataka and very less in AP. Now AP also has quite a few speed breakers.
Old 1st November 2020, 19:42   #1684

I completed the Hyderabad to Bangalore drive as planned on October 28, 2020. Overall, it was a relatively smooth drive and I decided to take it easy with speeds of around 70 kmph to 80 kmph throughout the drive. We stopped roughly every 2 hours for about 10 minutes by the side of the road to stretch our legs, have water, and get refreshed. We were not too much bothered about the overall duration of the drive.

We started from Hi-tech City around 7:20 a.m. We reached Shamshabad ORR exit at 7:50 a.m. We too had about a 10 minute wait with only two toll lanes operational. Exited the toll booth around 8:00 a.m. Thereafter, there was a lot of vehicular traffic till Jadcherla. Roads were smooth, with well marked gaps in medians, but, the traffic made it a stressful drive.

We stopped at Food Pyramid for a late breakfast at around 9:45 a.m. Had a leisurely and a heavy breakfast stop for an hour. The place was well managed with Covid19 safety measures in place, with clean rest rooms. We resumed around 10:45 a.m.

Kurnool and beyond had a couple of diversions, and a number of potholed roads in general scattered throughout AP.

We refueled at BPCL COCO Gooty at 1:55 p.m.

We had planned for a lunch stop at Hotel Blue Moon Highway, but, unfortunately, it was not operational. We turned back for about a kilometer and made a quick stop at Hotel Mayura for lunch around 2:15 p.m. We resumed our drive at 2:45 p.m.

Thereafter, we continued driving towards Bangalore, with the 10 minute breaks every 2 hours.

Road conditions improved again upon entering Karnataka, and the roads were butter smooth.

We crossed Devanahalli toll plaza around 6:50 p.m., re-fueled again at G K Filling Station, and finally reached our hotel around 7:30 p.m.

The speed breakers didn't bother me too much, because I was anyways slowing down at the places where the gaps in medians were indicated by road signs.

So, excluding the breakfast, lunch, re-fueling, and rest stops, we had taken about 8.5 hours airport to airport.
Hoping to start earlier in the day for our return drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad on November 7, 2020.
FlashMustang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 11:47   #1685
BHPian

Do we have 24/7 petrol bunks on the Blr-Hyd highway? Also, what is the speed limit on the Hyd ORR? Are there speed cams installed on this road?
Old 5th November 2020, 12:02   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Do we have 24/7 petrol bunks on the Blr-Hyd highway?
Yes, several fuel bunks are open 24*7, based on my observation when I went on this route late at night.
Quote:
Also, what is the speed limit on the Hyd ORR? Are there speed cams installed on this road?
100 kmph. A few places have speed cams while the cops set up temporary cameras at random locations, mostly during day time.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed