Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 07:48   #1621
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
The overall experience of the drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad was not very good. I started at past midnight on the 30th September night from my home at Mahadevapura. Went straight upto Hebbal and then took a right towards airport. Reached airport toll plaza at around 1:15 AM. Crossed and then after a few kilometers started the panic. A sudden speed breaker came up. I had to pull the brakes hard and my decent moving BRV made it really quick to be able to control just before the speed breaker,
Good to know you had a safe trip.
I did the same trip a couple of weeks back and used google maps throughout. Google will show you yellow or red bars around upcoming speed breakers and village entry and exit points. It helped me prepare to slow down, I found this feature very useful.
chakri400 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 10:20   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Good to know you had a safe trip.
I did the same trip a couple of weeks back and used google maps throughout. Google will show you yellow or red bars around upcoming speed breakers and village entry and exit points. It helped me prepare to slow down, I found this feature very useful.
Yes, I also tried the same. Even though few places were marked as blue, probably because night time and I was fooled by the speed breaker
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 17:56   #1623
BHPian

Completed a whirlwind, unplanned drive to Hyderabad. We started in the wee hours (3:30 AM) in the hope of catching up with our family for lunch. Got home at 1PM after beating the busy afternoon traffic.

Trip notes:
  • Took the city route from HSR (via. Raj Bhavan, Sankey Road) to reach Hebbal instead of ORR. This saved at least 10 mins as per Google Maps.
  • Devanahalli toll surprisingly worked without hiccups. Never in my history.
  • There are several speed breakers until after Chikballapur bypass. There are signs though, which isn't the case once you are inside Andhra (more on it).
  • We were able to cruise till Bagepalli toll after which I became wary of the speed breakers.
  • It rained all the way until Kurnool. There was mild fog too. Rayalaseema shredded its usually dry avatar for a lush green beautiful one. The surrounding mountains added to the beauty.
  • Had breakfast at Blue Moon. The idlies were soft and chutney was awesome. The lack of proper restaurants till Ananthapur was startling when you compare with the rich and fancy Bangalore-Chennai/Hassan/Tumkur highways.
  • Post Karnataka-Andhra border, we had a roller-coaster ride with several unmarked speed breakers which seem to have taken birth recently. These are a nuisance mainly from Lepakshi turn till Kia factory, many of them unmarked. At a few places, there are road signs but the bumps are missing. Very inconsistent and poor. By the way, Andhra side tolls are the most expensive.
  • Several in-progress overpass works post Kurnool which slowed us. But the overall quality of road in Telangana was better than Karnataka/Andhra. Traffic density was much heavier too, may be due to the time.
  • The sight of Tungabhadra and Krishna rivers in full flow, for a change, was revitalising.
  • Tolls were a breeze to pass through with exclusive FasTag lanes working flawlessly. Newly renovated Shakapur and Raikal toll plazas in Telangana with all hybrid lanes.

Last edited by strawhat : 30th October 2019 at 18:00.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 13:23   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
Finally, I completed my trip to Hyderabad with my family. With the grace of God and all your good wishes, the journey remained safe throughout.
I took the odometer reading after returning from Hyderabad back to Bangalore. The overall trip reads like the image below:

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_20191011_172215.jpg

Pretty happy with the overall mileage obtained on the car.

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2019 at 16:29. Reason: back to back posts merged; reformatted
Old 7th December 2019, 11:06   #1625
BANNED

Any recent updates on Hyderabad-Bangalore road conditions. I am planning a trip next weekend from Hyderabad. I have marked two petrol pumps from the conversation on this thread (one Indian Oil CoCo in Kurnool and another one BPCL CoCo in Gooty). Is there more CoCo post Ananthpur as well so that I can save them in my Map?

Are the speed breaker signage any better in Andra than before?
Old 8th December 2019, 12:49   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Any recent updates on Hyderabad-Bangalore road conditions. I am planning a trip next weekend from Hyderabad. I have marked two petrol pumps from the conversation on this thread (one Indian Oil CoCo in Kurnool and another one BPCL CoCo in Gooty). Is there more CoCo post Ananthpur as well so that I can save them in my Map?

Are the speed breaker signage any better in Andra than before?
There are many coco on the way. But optimize your stops by filling the previous day. Typically a full tank will get you to KA.
Else, there is a decent BP COCO before Jadcharla at a place called rangareddy guda which is on your left coming from Hyderabad. You can ask for ladies toilet and they give you keys of a locked toilet.

Or BP gooty is also on left side, which is right after toll gate.
HP COCO is just before gooty toll gate, which shares place with Coffee day.

After Dronachalam (Dhone) is a reliance bunk on left of road.
After gooty toll is a reliance on right side of road.

Once you enter KA, before Chikkaballapur is the BP COCO which shares (or used to) Kamat. This is also on right side.

Kurnool, Anantapur BP COCOs are on the right side.

All right/left indications are coming from Hyderabad to avoid couple of u turns to reach the bunk.

Otherwise, there are few other decent bunks on the way which accept cards as well.
sriturl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 15:01   #1627
BANNED

Thank you sriturl for such comprehensive list. I will search them in Google map and save them. Yes, I will start with full tank.
Old 14th December 2019, 22:03   #1628
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a Bangalore - Hyderabad trip update. However last weekend went to Leepakshi and noticed that there was road work ongoing north of Chickbalapur. Almost around BP COCO. This is long enough to cause a delay or around 10 - 15 minutes.
Old 15th December 2019, 18:18   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Had traveled last Wednesday.
Could not see any road work.
Fast tag implementation was going on at most of the tolls.
The were trying out fast tag and cash lanes. Que at cash lanes were more
Old 18th December 2019, 11:19   #1630
BHPian

Hyderabad to Bangalore

Started from APPA junction but took the service road beside the Outer Ring Road, as invariably there is a traffic block on the exit towards Bangalore on Friday evenings, on account of many working professionals visiting their friends/family. From what I know, the situation is similar at Airport toll in Bangalore as well.

Shadnagar( quite infamous currently) is the place from where the highway opens up, from thereon once can factor a sustained decent speed.
There are absolutely no speed-bumps till Kurnool, also there are lane markers and reflectors on the entire stretch.

Currently though, there are diversions due to overpass construction in 2 stretches.(I am quite sure that no one would be caught unawares on that stretch due to proper signage)

The traffic till Kurnool outskirts is like many other highways in India(as in accelerate, brake and keep doing that N times),
Once past Kurnool, there is some difficulty in finding people( cars) on the highway for quite long distances. Usually after this place, one can relax (and certainly keep my eyes on the road, don’t let languor affect you).
I haven’t used Cruise Control much, but one of my current cars gives the option of increasing or decreasing the set speed in 2kmph increments, also on the usage of the brake pedal, a prompt appears which asks whether the cruise should continue or stop, so I set the speed to a comfortable 100kmph and sample through my music library at leisure.

The menace of speed bumps starts to appear in Andhra Pradesh limits. There also are newly tarred pitch black surfaces without any markings currently and if it rains here, there is a high change of drivers getting disoriented. Thankfully those stretches are bereft of speed-bumps as of now.

Google maps meanwhile has started showing speed-bumps as yellow lines on the route map.I find it extremely helpful for unmarked speed breakers and also the sky-high ones that are in vogue in Karnataka.
Also, it seems due to the KIA motors factory, many new speed-breakers have come up in the vicinity and the presence of highway police has increased manifold; drivers need to put some caution and stick to 80kmph speed limit in this region as the police does fine during the daytime and the ones new to the route are caught unawares on the inviting arrow straight roads.

Fasttag implementation is in full swing and I paid through fasttag at all the places, except at Marur toll plaza where I was let go, as their readers were malfunctioning and I denied giving cash at the toll.

On this route near Aanathapur outskirts is the Dolphin Dhabha, where in the evenings, a large screen is put and a local popular movie is projected.
I have witnessed drive-in theaters in the US Midwest, where people park themselves inside the car and enjoy movies on the large screen.
Not quite comparable, but the ambience in that place is quite similar( a poor cousin maybe more apt). The food is distasteful and the tea is too sweet, so stop at your own risk.

Near BIAL there was heavy rain and still cars were zipping past at 100-120. I was in a heavy car and I had to reduce to 70 to keep traction.

Request fellow drivers to be circumspect when there are puddles of water on the road as aquaplaning is a very real threat.

Reached my parents place at 12 am Saturday, after a start at 4pm Friday and a break for the awesome chutneys of Hotel Suraj Grand in Kurnool.
The fuel economy shown was 16kmpl( Diesel).{ I am happy with any mileage above 15( highway) in both Diesel and Petrol cars}

The diesel/petrol rate is around Rs 4 cheaper in Karnataka as compared to my current state. I make it a point to carry enough fuel till the HP COCO pump near Lepakshi.

So here goes my first post :-)

Regards to all the members
HsekarK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:35   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Team,
Any good breakfast point near Ananthpur ? i know Blue Moon but that's further away from Ananthpur and pretty much 40 kms away. I would like to have near/before/inside Ananthpur area as i need to take deviation from Ananthpur.
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:02   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Team,
Any good breakfast point near Ananthpur ? i know Blue Moon but that's further away from Ananthpur and pretty much 40 kms away. I would like to have near/before/inside Ananthpur area as i need to take deviation from Ananthpur.
I stopped here a month back and the place was decent with clean washrooms and multiple food options.
Hotel RURU CLUB
Prasannaya Palli Railway Station Rd, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515002
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sEPYLwffh53bDi4d6
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:34   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I stopped here a month back and the place was decent with clean washrooms and multiple food options.
Hotel RURU CLUB
Prasannaya Palli Railway Station Rd, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515002
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sEPYLwffh53bDi4d6
Awesome thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will try this place.
Old 23rd December 2019, 20:15   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Team,
If you like south indian breakfast, you can ty Petals. They have buffet, combos and ala carte options. You have to go inside the town for about 2 kms. Limited parking, clean rest rooms.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 09:17   #1635
BANNED

Did Hyd->Banglore on 14th and then Bangalore->Hyd on 22nd. There were two road diversions in Hyd->Karnool stretch.

While returning (BLR->Hyd), due to road repairs after chikbalapur (a few kms after Coco BP), the traffic jamm caused around 15-20 minutes of delay. I also felt like they introduced new speed breakers in last 7 days (can't confirm though).

Hyd->BLR: Did breakfast on Amazon Kitchens. Clean toilets and good settings. Everything was way too spicy though (except poori sabji).

BLR->Hyd: Had food in food pyramids. The cheese paneer dosa were non-spicy and easily edible by kids.

Last edited by ottocycle : 24th December 2019 at 09:20.
ottocycle is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks