Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitkodali View Post
Based on everyone's inputs

BLR to HYD Trip COCOs:

BP Chikballapur COCO
Bharat Petroleum, Manavpad - Kurnool
COCO THIMMAPUR Indian Oil Fuel Station
If I remember correctly, there is a HP COCO outlet after crossing Gooty toll to the left whole going from Blr to Hyd. There is a CCD attached to this outlet.
Old 21st December 2020, 12:28   #1697
BHPian

We will be traveling BLR to HYD on 24th Dec. I hope there are no farmer's protest resulting in blockage of highway considering the protest in North is gathering momentum. If anyone has traveled, do share your experience.
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:14   #1698

Planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 25/12/20. How is the road via the Anantapur and Kurnool route. I heard road has become bad of late. Has anyone traveled in the recent past
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:28   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.krishnan View Post
Planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 25/12/20. How is the road via the Anantapur and Kurnool route. I heard road has become bad of late. Has anyone traveled in the recent past
The road is as good as it can be. It took me 6.5 hours for the whole stretch on my last drive on Nov 30

You can happily maintain average speeds of 80-90 kmph.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd December 2020 at 19:29.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 20:04   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.krishnan View Post
Did the route over the weekend, road between Anantapur and Kurnool is manageable with speeds upto 80kmph..
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:15   #1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
We will be traveling BLR to HYD on 24th Dec. I hope there are no farmer's protest resulting in blockage of highway considering the protest in North is gathering momentum. If anyone has traveled, do share your experience.
I hope not. I plan to drive on 25th.
Old 22nd December 2020, 22:42   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitkodali View Post
Did the route over the weekend, road between Anantapur and Kurnool is manageable with speeds upto 80kmph..
I am a little confused. I did BLR-HYD and back a month ago and the roads are excellent except for some unmarked and unscientific rumblers . I was at triple digit speeds throughout especially between Anantpur and Kurnool where there is hardly any traffic.
raghukodali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 14:14   #1703
Senior - BHPian

New Shell fuel station with attached deli2go 20kms before Chikkaballapur when coming from Hyderabad.
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 15:41   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
I traveled today and just reached HYD from Bangalore. Started from BLR at around 5AM from JP Nagar and was at HYD ORR by 1:30 PM. I did not face any roadblocks or issues today. Just look out for local news before you start.
trahul4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 23:33   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMustang View Post
Thanks for this suggestion. I stopped at this place in Gooty on the way to Hyderabad, the restrooms were super clean.
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 01:26   #1706
BHPian

Any one travelled or travelling from BLR to HYD route? I need to travel and would like to know if any covid related checks or new requirements started again due to the new strain? Heard some talks but mostly appearing rumours and no specific news in media. It would be helpful if someone can share inputs. I am planning to travel with family and i can plan accordingly.
Old 31st December 2020, 08:00   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Any one travelled or travelling from BLR to HYD route? I need to travel and would like to know if any covid related checks or new requirements started again due to the new strain?

Travelled back to Bangalore from Hyderabad on the 27th Dec. No checks at all as of that day.

Also for the benefit of others, on the way back from Hyderbad, there is this restraunt called Hangout, just after Kurnool town. Very decent breakfast. The Ghee Karam Dosa was awesome. The restrooms are average.

Perfect stopping distance of around 200 KM from Hyderabad.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 15:39   #1708
BHPian

Hi Bhpians, I travelling to Hyderabad from Bangalore on a motorcycle, I heard motorcycles are not allowed in the ORR. Google shows a road for vehicle type Motorcycle, is this road correct?Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610014130.665286.jpg
Old 7th January 2021, 16:15   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Hi Bhpians, I travelling to Hyderabad from Bangalore on a motorcycle, I heard motorcycles are not allowed in the ORR. Google shows a road for vehicle type Motorcycle, is this road correct?Attachment 2104148
Yes, the route that is shown highlighted in your screenshot is correct. Motorcycles are allowed on that road.
The road that's perpendicular to your highlighted route is the ORR (Outer Ring Road), where motorcycles are not allowed to ply.
Take care and have a safe journey.
FlashMustang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 01:14   #1710
Team-BHP Support

While motorcycles are not allowed on the ORR, there is a service road that runs along side the ORR for almost the entire stretch.

As you approach the toll gate at Shamshabad, keep left. The service road will start from there.
Where in Hyderabad is your destination. This will help in identifying the route.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-capture.png

The toll gate is in the red circle.
The red line is the service road towards Gachibowli.

Last edited by bblost : 8th January 2021 at 01:22.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks