Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 22:21   #1561
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
The fast tag lane was closed at around 12:30 PM at the toll plaza just after kurnool city. I was asked to join the lane which was already queued up by over 10 vehicles. Out of 5 lanes other 2 normal lanes were also closed. In total 3 lanes were closed. Not sure what is the benefit of having fastag.
Another example of how poorly FasTag has been implemented. During the numerous trips on Hyd-B'lore, Hyd-Vijayawada, Vijayawada-Vizag, B'lore-Chennai NH's, I have never seen consistent service. Few times the FasTag line was operational, and at other times it wasn't. On some occasions, either the attender uses a handheld device or he simply declines the request despite arguing. The toll booth attenders have - or at least they think they have - too much power. Even the plaza managers are least bothered. I don't think the situation will improve any bit unless NHAI takes more proactive steps and tighten the screws around their necks. Otherwise buying a FasTag (and the associated hassles) is an effort not worth.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 22:38   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Another example of how poorly FasTag has been implemented. During the numerous trips on Hyd-B'lore, Hyd-Vijayawada, Vijayawada-Vizag, B'lore-Chennai NH's, I have never seen consistent service. Few times the FasTag line was operational, and at other times it wasn't. On some occasions, either the attender uses a handheld device or he simply declines the request despite arguing. The toll booth attenders have - or at least they think they have - too much power. Even the plaza managers are least bothered. I don't think the situation will improve any bit unless NHAI takes more proactive steps and tighten the screws around their necks. Otherwise buying a FasTag (and the associated hassles) is an effort not worth.

Moreover, I have heard that government is going to outsource the toll plaza operation to a foreign player. This could also be a reason that the current operaters may not be hiring new employees in case of a vacancy arising out of the resignation of the existing employees. Which in turn finally impacts the operation.

Last edited by Anupam1024 : 29th August 2018 at 22:43.
Old 30th August 2018, 14:23   #1563
BHPian

Drove to Hyderabad and back to Bangalore over the weekend. This was my first drive on this stretch so sharing a few observations;

- As mentioned in previous posts, eating options are very limited, especially on the BLR-HYD stretch. I left JP Nagar around 5.30 am. Crossed Devanahalli by 6.30 am. None of the food joints closer to Bangalore were open. (as expected). Reached Anantpur by 8.30 and the 1st decent place (atleast that's what we thought when we 1st saw it) was 'New Highway Dolphin'. This was on the BLR-HYD stretch and not to be confused with 'Highway Dolphin' just 3 km ahead on the opposite side.
Since it was a 'self-service only' place, picked up coupons and went to the food counter. Complete chaos with people jumping over each other to get their food. Totally unorganized. After waiting for 15 minutes, and after trying multiple times to get the attention of the server, went back to the cash counter, asked for a refund and left! 20 minutes wasted!

A few kms ahead, on the HYD-BLR side, spotted 'Highway Dolphin'. After my experience at the previous outlet, decided to skip this Dolphin and proceed. Hyderabad chefs, which was a few metres ahead had not yet opened.

Our next best option was Blue Moon 17-18 kms ahead. But after reading earlier posts about poor service, I wasn't very keen on stopping there. Kept looking for other options along the way, but did not find any. So the only option it seemed, was CCD.

Wasn't looking forward to having cold and bland CCD sandwiches, so when we reached Blue Moon, decided to give it a shot. Went in prepared for slow service. But guess what, had hot dosas and idlis and was out of that place within 30 minutes! Guess I just got lucky!

My Take - If you are leaving Bangalore early morning, not in a tearing hurry to reach Hyderabad, and don't fancy eating cold sandwiches for breakfast, think Blue Moon is still the best option. If you want to save up time and don't want to eat sandwiches, guess the best option is to pack some breakfast.

On our return journey, left Hyderabad by 11 am. Reached Food Pyramid by 1 pm. It's on the BLR-HYD side but there was a well-marked gap in the median so was able to cross over easily. Massive place with ample covered parking, play area for kids, clean loos and good food. If you opt for meals, you will be in and out of that place within 30 minutes. We didn't and yet, we were done within 40 min.

Noticed that the HYD-BLR stretch has a lot of food options, compared to the other side. But in any case, it would be a good idea to pack some snacks and water while driving on this stretch, especially if you are traveling with kids.

Apart from food, the other interesting thing I noticed on this highway were the Korean signboards near Penukonda. They appear every few metres on both sides of the road.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20180828wa0030.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20180828wa0029.jpg

And here's the reason! The KIA motors factory!

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20180828wa0026.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img20180828wa00331.jpg

It's a massive facility on the HYD-BLR side of the highway. This is where you will find some traffic (factory workers, factory vehicles etc) crossing the highway. Noticed a cop who was managing the intersection.
MorePower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:31   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Travelled on Bangalore - Hyderabad route once again on 28th August 2018.

The fast tag lane was closed at around 12:30 PM at the toll plaza just after kurnool city.

Attachment 1794344
Even if the Fast tag lane is open, All vehicles would be allowed in this lane not just Fast Tag, on Top of it at times the fast tag works and at times it does not.

I passed through this toll gate last sunday, fast tag was not recognized, i paid by cash, got an sms after 2 hours intimating the deduction of toll charge from the account.

Construction of more number of payment counters at this toll gate (Pullur Plaza) is in progress, because of this you spend more time at this toll plaza. Hope this is completed soon.

Thanks

Last edited by zaveed : 30th August 2018 at 15:37.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:57   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Even if the Fast tag lane is open, All vehicles would be allowed in this lane not just Fast Tag, on Top of it at times the fast tag works and at times it does not.
I second this observation of yours. I had this problem in HDFC Bank fasTag.

ICICI fasTag: we need to transfer the account balance to vehicle tag account. It keeps saying InvaLid/Blacklisted Tag even if you have amount in main account and not in the Vehicle Tag account.

Quote:
I passed through this toll gate last sunday, fast tag was not recognized, i paid by cash, got an sms after 2 hours intimating the deduction of toll charge from the account.
This, too, happened to me both ways when my friend took the vehicle in non-fasTag lane at the toll between airport cross and nandi hill and paid in cash. Both the occasion my fasTag was debited too.

Quote:
Construction of more number of payment counters at this toll gate (Pullur Plaza) is in progress, because of this you spend more time at this toll plaza. Hope this is completed soon.
These days most Buses and trucks have fasTag on their vehicle for the obvious convinience if owners/transport agencies for tracking purposes I guess. Hece the non fasTag lane is less crowded if all lanes at a particular toll plaza is operational. The most nirmal.lanes also have the fasTag scanners. Therefore it's ok to get into non fasTag lane too and get the fasTag scanned. It's equally good to carry cash as well. I have noticed that some toll plazas accept payments through PayTM as well by swiping debit/credit cards too.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:22   #1566
BHPian

Anyone up for bangalore ? Start - Friday 9 PM and back on monday by noon ?
Old 12th September 2018, 13:15   #1567
BHPian

Guys, I am not traveling from Hyderabad to Bangalore. But planning to travel from Chennai to Hyderabad. Hope it's ok to post here, mods may move this post to a suitable thread.
Now coming to my question. I plan to travel in December this year. I will be reaching Hyderabad by train. What is the best way to travel to a hotel in the city? Are the autos and taxis, prepaid taxis at the railway station trustworthy or should I take the Ola's and Uber's? Are they available right outside the station?
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2018, 15:05   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Now coming to my question. I plan to travel in December this year. I will be reaching Hyderabad by train. What is the best way to travel to a hotel in the city? Are the autos and taxis, prepaid taxis at the railway station trustworthy or should I take the Ola's and Uber's? Are they available right outside the station?
Traveling inside Hyderabad is no different from any city in India.

If you are alighting at Secunderabad railway station,
- You can find bus stands at multiple places depending on your route and destination.
- Metro station is close too. Currently the metro runs between Miyapur and Nagole and vice versa. Services start at ~6AM.
- There is an auto stand (pre-paid counter/bargain) outside platform 1. You need to be informed about the approx. fares before you start negotiating.
- Uber/Ola pickup/dropping points on platform 1 and 10 exits.
- Local trains (MMTS) can also be used to reach various destinations from a different platform. You can check their schedules here. The tickets are dirt cheap but the commute a little uncomfortable due to seating and if crowded.

From Hyderabad (Nampally) or Kacheguda railway stations, you have the same modes of transport except metro (under construction).

Last edited by strawhat : 12th September 2018 at 15:10.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 16:32   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, What is the best way to travel to a hotel in the city? Are the autos and taxis, prepaid taxis at the railway station trustworthy or should I take the Ola's and Uber's? Are they available right outside the station?
Thanks in advance.
Your mode of transport mostly depends on your destination.

If you are alighting at Secunderabad, you have buses to almost all the corners of the city which includes A/c buses too.

In case, if you are not comfortable with buses, you should stick to Ola/uber rather than Autos !

If you are getting down at Hyderabad or Kacheguda, Ola& Uber are your best bets though those stations have limited bus connectivity !

MMTS again depends on your destination!
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 19:46   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
- Uber/Ola pickup/dropping points on platform 1 and 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Your mode of transport mostly depends on your destination.
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Appreciate it.
Forgot to mention some basic stuff in the original post.
This will be a tourist visit to see popular places in Hyderabad. I will be traveling with wife and son, 7y.o.
So I guess Ola or Uber is the way to go. I am planning an Airbnb stay preferably in Banjara Hills. Is this place in a central location to cover all the touristy places? In that case which would be a better station to alight?
Old 12th September 2018, 20:28   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Appreciate it.
Forgot to mention some basic stuff in the original post.
This will be a tourist visit to see popular places in Hyderabad. I will be traveling with wife and son, 7y.o.
So I guess Ola or Uber is the way to go. I am planning an Airbnb stay preferably in Banjara Hills. Is this place in a central location to cover all the touristy places? In that case which would be a better station to alight?
If you are reserving berths in either MAS-HYB or Charminar express, I'd suggest you book till Hyderabad (HYB), the last station.

I'd also recommend you to look for accommodations near Lakdikapul. It is both central and more accessible to popular tourist destinations like Charminar, Golkonda, Hussain Sagar, Birla Mandir, Salarjung Museum. Lakdikapul is about 5KM from Hyderabad railway station.

Hitech City is a little far off but if you can manage to catch an MMTS (for its experience, station is just stones throw away), you can save on time and money especially on weekdays. Shilparamam is a must visit there. Also if you can squeeze in some time, you can check out IKEA store too, which is nearby
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 13:01   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what is the toll now from Hyderabad to Bangalore? A year back it was around Rs 680, including the toll at Devanahalli, and excluding ORR in Hyderabad.
Old 24th September 2018, 15:59   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys, what is the toll now from Hyderabad to Bangalore? A year back it was around Rs 680, including the toll at Devanahalli, and excluding ORR in Hyderabad.
As on 29 May 2018, including Devanahalli in Bangalore but excluding ORR in Hyderabad :
Devanahalli Toll Plaza = 85
Bagepalli Toll Plaza = 90
Marur toll plaza = 105
Amakthadu toll plaza = 100
Pullur = 100
Kasepalli toll plaza = 90
Sakapur Toll plaza = 60
Raikal Toll Plaza = 60
Total = 690
Less : CashBack on Fastag = 34.50

Edit : CashBack processed on 27 Jul 2018

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 24th September 2018 at 16:01.
hyd_traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 20:21   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Drove to Hyderabad and back to Bangalore over the weekend. This was my first drive on this stretch so sharing a few observations;...........................
I Know that your observations are regarding eating places along the Hyderabad Bangalore route, which is vitally important when driving long distances.

But since you have done the two legs quite recently, I am more interested in knowing the times taken to cover each leg.

This information will be useful to me as I too am planning to leave Hyderabad around 10.00 AM. Whilst driving back from Bangalore, I would like to reach the ORR by 4.00 PM. Based on your inputs, I can plan my trips.
Old 24th September 2018, 20:49   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I Know that your observations are regarding eating places along the Hyderabad Bangalore route, which is vitally important when driving long distances.

But since you have done the two legs quite recently, I am more interested in knowing the times taken to cover each leg.

This information will be useful to me as I too am planning to leave Hyderabad around 10.00 AM. Whilst driving back from Bangalore, I would like to reach the ORR by 4.00 PM. Based on your inputs, I can plan my trips.
BLR-HYD - Left BLR at 5.30 am, reached Gachibowli at 2 pm.This included a 30 minute breakfast halt and a 20 minute unsuccessful stop for breakfast.

HYD-BLR - Left Gachibowli at 11 am, reached BLR (JP nagar) by 8.30 pm with a 40 minute halt for lunch.

Hope this helps!
MorePower is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks