Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 14:41   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I'll be doing a Bangalore-Srisailam trip starting tomorrow morning at around 4:30 am. What are decent stopovers for breakfast ( around 7:30 or 8 am ) and lunch ?

I'm expecting roads and restaurants to be crowded due to the long weekend .
Old 11th August 2017, 15:09   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I'll be doing a Bangalore-Srisailam trip starting tomorrow morning at around 4:30 am. What are decent stopovers for breakfast ( around 7:30 or 8 am ) and lunch ?
Bluemoon near Anantpur should be ideal for your time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th August 2017 at 15:13.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 18:54   #1458
BHPian

Last night, I had been to Udupi Swada restaurant near Nandi Cross on the Hyd-BLR highway. It was raining mildly after I crossed Hebbal. After the toll at Devanahalli there are no lights on the road which was expected. But most sections did not have Cats-eye on the road either. Only small section had them. It was quite difficult to spot the lane markings and distance-from-divider without them.

BHPians who have done HYD-BLR or BLR-HYD in the night, can you please share if this is the norm for the entire route or do things get better after Nandi Cross or Chickballapur?

P.S: I was driving my Tata Zest which has reasonably good Projector headlamps for low beam and decent high beams. I have never had problems during my night drives on the Bangalore-Chennai section.
Old 3rd September 2017, 22:38   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

BHPians who have done HYD-BLR or BLR-HYD in the night, can you please share if this is the norm for the entire route or do things get better after Nandi Cross or Chickballapur?
I've made a few trips to Bangalore from Hyderabad and reached around 11 pm. Most of the highway does not have cat's eyes, but I do remember seeing reflectors whenever there was a cross-road ahead. This is approximately every 5 or 10 kms. Even with the weak headlamps of the Figo, I had no difficulty. However, I was caught unawares a couple of times on humps that suddenly cropped up, when I was doing good speeds. Keep watching for signboards for speed-breakers.

Also, it would be a good idea to follow a beater car and brake whenever he does. I followed a Fortuner once and a Beemer the other time, and could do good speeds.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 13:12   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
However, I was caught unawares a couple of times on humps that suddenly cropped up, when I was doing good speeds. Keep watching for signboards for speed-breakers.
The stretch between Pamidi and Anantpur seems to have suddenly become speed breakers zone. You will find speed breakers every now and then and very frequently. Needless to say that neither are they marked properly and neither are there any sign boards put up to warn.

While the Ministry and NHAI is proactive to get speed breakers removed from the highways across the country, Anantpur Police seems to have decided to do exactly the reverse.
Old 21st September 2017, 21:12   #1461
Senior - BHPian

If I leave at around 5:30am to Hyderabad, what would be a good stop for breakfast around 8am? will be leaving from Marathalli.
Old 21st September 2017, 22:04   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
If I leave at around 5:30am to Hyderabad, what would be a good stop for breakfast around 8am? will be leaving from Marathalli.
Blue Moon after Ananthapur is a good option but I think it will take another 30-45mins past 8:00 AM.
Old 22nd September 2017, 23:06   #1463
NH7
BHPian

Anybody doing this stretch this weekend/ early next week?? I appreciate the mutual benefits of convoy/ pilot/ spotter, so looking for company and a measure of assurance!
Old 24th September 2017, 22:12   #1464
BHPian

Today did HYD-BLR and faced the worst experience of my lifetime by visiting Hotel Bluemoon on the way from HYD to BLR. Around 2:00 PM stopped at Hotel Bluemoon for lunch and thought it may take around around 30-40 minutes and would also be good to take some rest. But seems they give priority to groups with more number of person. Waited for almost 45 minutes and decided to leave the place when two other persons from a big group sitting at same table as ours were provided food and we were told it will take 5 minutes. That group came almost 20 minutes later than us. We finally left the place without any further delay and also hungry. Finally stopped at HY-WAY Lounge after Ananthpur and quenched our hunger. They had good food ( pizza, etc) and moreover nice place to stretch your legs without feeling of KR market. Futher I will never visit Bluemoon during any trip between BLR-HYD-BLR. I don't know about the food quality but looks like people visit that place only due to non availability of any other decent restaurant in that area.
Old 24th September 2017, 23:02   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Futher I will never visit Bluemoon during any trip between BLR-HYD-BLR. don't know about the food quality but looks like people visit that place only due to non availability of any other decent restaurant in that area.
You could have stopped over at the Reliance A1 dhaba around one or two kms after Blue Moon. Though the ambience is not as good, it serves decent food.

By the way, I am assuming you were traveling to Hyderabad. If not, I'd have preferred Dasmesh dhaba on the Hyd BLR stretch, around a kilometer from the Kasepalli toll plaza. It is not to far from Blue Moon, though in the opposite direction. It has basic dhaba ambience, but great food.

Edit: My bad. I realized you were indeed traveling to BLR. I was a bit confused because Blue Moon does not fall in your direction of travel.

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th September 2017 at 23:03.
Old 25th September 2017, 14:51   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You could have stopped over at the Reliance A1 dhaba around one or two kms after Blue Moon. Though the ambience is not as good, it serves decent food.

By the way, I am assuming you were traveling to Hyderabad. If not, I'd have preferred Dasmesh dhaba on the Hyd BLR stretch, around a kilometer from the Kasepalli toll plaza. It is not to far from Blue Moon, though in the opposite direction. It has basic dhaba ambience, but great food.

Edit: My bad. I realized you were indeed traveling to BLR. I was a bit confused because Blue Moon does not fall in your direction of travel.
A couple of weeks back when i was travelling - i was told by the Reliance Pump guy that A1 dhaba is not open anymore. I remember it being somewhere close to Bluemoon - are there multiple A1 dhaba's on the route ?
Old 25th September 2017, 16:21   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
A couple of weeks back when i was travelling - i was told by the Reliance Pump guy that A1 dhaba is not open anymore. I remember it being somewhere close to Bluemoon - are there multiple A1 dhaba's on the route ?
No, I was referring to the one after Blue Moon---around 2 kms in the Hyderabad direction. Sad to know if it has closed down. I used to love the idly chutney breakfast there.
Old 26th September 2017, 15:20   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Futher I will never visit Bluemoon during any trip between BLR-HYD-BLR..
Completely agree to this. I will never step foot in that hotel again. The service was slow, the food was horrible and the ambience was nothing to write good about. Over that, they charge a bomb for a small cup of plain milk, which I found to absolutely ridiculous. I saw two other grups leaving without having food there. There is a bigger place about 30 mins before this and there was more crowd there. This was for breakfast on the BLR to HYD junction.

On a separate note, there were cops checking for over speeding on Saturday morning, as soon as you enter the AP border. I paid 435 for going at 73km and they mentioned the limit in that area is 50km, I did not remember seeing a board there. Nothing while returning yesterday.
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 15:39   #1469
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
There is a bigger place about 30 mins before this and there was more crowd there.
Which is the place you're referring to ? After the Kamat on the Karnataka side, I don't remember any other decent option, so wondering if it's something new ?

Quote:
On a separate note, there were cops checking for over speeding on Saturday morning, as soon as you enter the AP border.
Looks like this is just after the Bagepalli toll where the AP border is. What time was it ?
Old 26th September 2017, 15:47   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Which is the place you're referring to ? After the Kamat on the Karnataka side, I don't remember any other decent option, so wondering if it's something new ?

No, this is towards HYD on the left side itself. I do not remember the name of the place, but it is quite big.

Looks like this is just after the Bagepalli toll where the AP border is. What time was it ?
This was around 9am.

Most Viewed