Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 11:46   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For Bangalore to Secunderabad (Sainikpuri/RK Puram area), google maps is suggesting this route - Map Link, completely bypassing Hyderabad - turning off from NH7/44 at Madanpalli and getting onto the Nehru ORR and getting off the ORR onto the ECIL-Keesara Road.

Is this route fine ? How easy is it to spot the turn off's and any landmarks for this route ? (From a first timer's perspective!)
Yes this route is absolutely fine. While coming from Bangalore, you get road markings for Nehru ORR and the distance. It is very easy to spot. After reaching there you need to take the proper entry onto the ORR (you have to climb onto the right direction). Look for markings for Vijaywada (this exit come enroute the road to Secunderabad) or the best way, ask the guys at the Toll booth of ORR. They are very helpful and will tell you the exact entry turn to take.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 12:59   #1352
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes this route is absolutely fine.
Thanks!
For an early morning start from Bangalore (say 4-5am) what would be good options for breaks ? A breakfast stop and maybe one other tea/bio break, hoping we can reach destination by lunch time.
Old 25th August 2016, 13:08   #1353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
For an early morning start from Bangalore (say 4-5am) what would be good options for breaks ? A breakfast stop and maybe one other tea/bio break, hoping we can reach destination by lunch time.
Anantpur is about 200 kms which you can reach in 2.5-3 hrs at stable speeds. This is a big township and you can get ample options. I can't give you specific names as all my Hyd<->Blore runs have been with out food breaks or I have carried my own food (advantage/disadvantage of leaving from home) and hence, never took note of them. The next big township is Kurnool. You can look at the ongoing discussion about Hotel Suraj Grand and Hotel DVR Mansion on the below link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4039658

It always took me 8 hrs including fueling and bio breaks. Speeds maintained were 100-110 mostly.

Note: Please tank up the day before as there aren't any fuel stations on the left side of the road, in the 150 kms stretch before Anantapur.

Hope it helps. Wish you a happy and safe trip.

Regards,
Ashis

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th August 2016 at 13:16.
Old 25th August 2016, 14:09   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For Bangalore to Secunderabad (Sainikpuri/RK Puram area), google maps is suggesting this route - Map Link, completely bypassing Hyderabad - turning off from NH7/44 at Madanpalli and getting onto the Nehru ORR and getting off the ORR onto the ECIL-Keesara Road.

Is this route fine ? How easy is it to spot the turn off's and any landmarks for this route ? (From a first timer's perspective!)
Keep on the NH7 till Shamshabad.At shamshabad take the ORR road and take the direction towards Warrangal.Exit ORR at Ghatkesar/Warrangal exit and follow the road,cut across the Warrangal highway and continue straight.You are now on the Rampally Main Road.Keep on.the road till.the point where the road ends.Take a left at that point and follow the road for the next 5 or so.kms till you cross a vegetable market to.your right and maruti showrooms to.your lefr.After these,you would hit a big circle with signals.This is ECIL X Roads.Go around the circle and take a left towards AS Rao Nagar.You are now on the AS Rao Nagar main road.Within a km.or so you would pass Woodlands restaurant to your left followed by Reliance Digital and Swagath Grand onto your left followed by a signal which is the Radhika cross roads.From there in approximately 2-3kms you would encounter another signal,with a statue of Mahatma Phule.This is the Sainikpuri X Roads.Take the right arm.of the V at the signal and you are in Sainikpuri.From shamshabad to Sainikpuri is exactly 60mins of.drive time and approx 65kms.I stay in Sainikpuri so I am.quite well versed with the roads in the area.

With a 5am.departure,you would be home by 2pm.no place of any notable.mention enroute.if you can carry food-best.Restaurants are all.passable.There is Pyramid after kurnool.which you might want to check out,but if carrying food is an.option exercise that!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 15:28   #1355
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Keep on the NH7 till Shamshabad.At shamshabad take the ORR road and take the direction towards Warrangal.Exit ORR at Ghatkesar/Warrangal exit and follow the road,cut across the Warrangal highway and continue straight.
Thanks a ton Ranjit! I'm sure your directions are spot on, after all you're a regular on this route
How different is the Shamshabad exit you're suggesting different from the google maps version ?
I guess it's mainly the point of exit from NH7 onto the ORR that differs ?
Old 25th August 2016, 23:08   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
Kamat after Chikkaballapur is a good breakfast option if the time suits you(less than an hour from Devanahalli)
After that there are no good breakfast options till Gooty. There is a new place which opened called Blue moon. That is few kms before Gooty toll.
Otherwise, they are mostly Dhabas.

Further bio/tea break would be around Jadcherla. On left side you would find a place called Yagnesh Virat where lot of buses stop as well. I didnt find it great, but for tea, its good enough. In fact I find the immediate nieghboring place (Mansoor if I remember right) which has good tea. But bad toilet options.

Else, around 15-20 kms further, there is a CCD on right side, the village is called "Balanagar". you need to take a U turn or take the service road at the previous junction. Land mark is there is another eatery which is more prominent which has a car symbol on its board.

The re-opened Reliance petrol bunks also have clean toilets.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:47   #1357
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the recommended COCO Petrol pumps on this route ? If starting with a full tank from Bangalore, probably one refill after Kurnool and another on the return journey maybe Kurnool or thereabouts again ? Would prefer Bharat Petroleum if available.
Old 2nd September 2016, 17:02   #1358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would prefer Bharat Petroleum if available.
What about Gooty BP COCO located next to toll booth. Location
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:24   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
What are the recommended COCO Petrol pumps on this route ? If starting with a full tank from Bangalore, probably one refill after Kurnool and another on the return journey maybe Kurnool or thereabouts again ? Would prefer Bharat Petroleum if available.
Most COCOs on Blr-Hyd highway are BP.
1. After Chikkaballapur (along with Kamat)
2. Gooty (before toll on right side towards Hyd)
3. Some where after Kurnool (on left towards Hyd)
4. After Jadcherla (the name of village is rangareddy guda) right side towards hyd

Otherwise, there is a reliance at Gooty (left towards hyd before toll)
another reliance is before Dhone towards hyd on right
All of them accept cards.

Dont bother filling in bangalore, if you are planning to have breakfast at kamat, you can fill in chikkaballapur, and make that food + fuel halt.
sriturl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:50   #1360
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to this thread and all your suggestions, I never felt I was doing a first-time road trip to Hyderabad, it was as if I was a veteran on this route
Special thanks to @ranjitp1 for superb directions to my destination near Sainikpuri. Also had a chance to meet & greet at Secunderabad for 15 minutes.

The roads are awesome on this route and I did not feel tired after a 600+Km drive one way. Good facilities for breaks are not too many beside the highway, but if you plan it well, should be easy to find the right places for breaks.

Started around 4:30am near Columbia Asia/Hebbal and stopped for breakfast at Blue Moon near Kasepalli/Gooty. Couple of quick breaks at Jadcherla for fuel refill and tea and reached Shamshabad Nehru ORR entry point at 12:10pm. Took the ORR upto Warangal Exit No.9 and reached my destination in Sainikpuri by 1:30pm.

Some Landmarks for Bangalore-Hyderabad
*All distances from Columbia Asia, Hebbal.
  • Blue Moon
    258Km, Kasepalli about 13Km before the Gooty/Kasepalli Toll on left side - stopped for breakfast. Newish place, decent breakfast (Idly, Vada, Pongal, Dosa was decent). Lots of space for parking, neat, clean restrooms
    Note:Within a distance of 2-3Km from Blue Moon there are other options like an A1 Plaza on left inside a Reliance bunk campus and Ravi Theja on right side
  • Food Pyramid
    447Km, on left side. We did not stop here
  • 97 Octane
    477Km, on left side. We did not stop here, place seemed decent from outside
  • Bharat Petroleum, Jadcherla
    495Km, on left side. Tanked up here, also had clean restrooms
  • Mansoor, Jadcherla
    497Km, on left side. Stopped for tea here, decent. This place had pay and use restrooms, not sure if they're neat
    Almost next door is Yagnesh Virat, we did not try it though.
  • Hotel Hill Top & CCD, Balanagar
    514Km, on right side. We did not stop here.
  • Entry to Nehru ORR, Shamshabad
    555Km - note that you take the toll ticket here and get onto the ORR. At the exit point you will need to hand the ticket over and pay the appropriate toll for distance covered.
    The first ramp is for the left loop of the ORR towards Gachibowli and the second ramp is for the right loop towards Warangal/Ghatkesar, etc
  • ORR Exit No.9 towards Warangal/Ghatkesar
    612Km. Amazing road, don't miss driving here if visiting Hyderabad!

Some Landmarks for Hyderabad-Bangalore
*All distances from Nehru ORR, Shamshabad.
  • Hill Top, CCD, Balanagar
    41Km, on left side. Seemed decent, we did not stop here.
  • M Food Court
    51Km, on left side. New place, not yet operational.
  • Food Pyramid
    109Km, on right side. We stopped here for Coffee which was excellent. Has lots of space for parking and very clean restrooms.
  • Pullur Toll plaza
    184Km, We stopped here to eat lunch that we had carried. There were couple of small eateries, one of them called "Baba Ramdev Restaurant". We had buttermilk here which was excellent.
  • Bharat Petroleum, Kasepalli
    295Km, on left side. BP COCO outlet, Tanked up here, also had a decent restroom
    Note:Almost immediately you can see Ravi Theja on left, A1 plaza on right which are food stop options. After 2 more Km you can see Blue Moon on right side.
  • Sher-e-Punjab Dhabha
    328Km, on left side. This was a place recommended on this thread, we did not stop here though.

Last edited by NPV : 5th September 2016 at 11:52.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 12:58   #1361
BHPian

Did a Bangalore to Hyderabad yesterday in my nano. Started at 6:30am from my home near kasavanahalli. Reached my parents home near begumpet at 3:45pm. I crossed devanahalli by 8:15am and reached shamshabad by 3pm There was a checking near Anantapur. All KA vehicles were stopped and checked for documents.
This is my 5th trip in this route and first in my nano. I remember my 1st trip was in my discover 100cc bike .
Old 6th September 2016, 19:15   #1362
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

From my recent trip - before I lose/destroy the toll receipts, an update on the tolls between Bangalore and Hyderabad (reverse the order for Hyderabad-Bangalore):

Devanahalli - Rs.80
Bagepalli - Rs.80
Marur - Rs.95
Kasepalli - Rs.90
Amkathadu - Rs. 95
Pullur - Rs.95
Kothakota - Rs.56
Raikal (Jadcherla) - Rs.58

*If you take the Nehru ORR at Shamshabad, you will need to pay the appropriate amount at the point where you exit the ORR, roughly Rs.1 per Km
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 19:26   #1363
BHPian

Folks, need your advice. I will be travelling mostly day after tomorrow to bangalore from hyderabad. Can you please suggest what time should I target to reach bangalore? My home is near kasavanahalli.
Old 13th September 2016, 19:30   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Folks, need your advice. I will be travelling mostly day after tomorrow to bangalore from hyderabad. Can you please suggest what time should I target to reach bangalore? My home is near kasavanahalli.
Current news reports suggest, "rail roko" is planned for 15th, and the news report also suggests, roads would be normal. Based on that, road traffic is expected to be near normal. so you can plan accordingly.
Old 13th September 2016, 19:37   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Current news reports suggest, "rail roko" is planned for 15th, and the news report also suggests, roads would be normal. Based on that, road traffic is expected to be near normal. so you can plan accordingly.
Thank you! So I should plan to reach bangalore after 6pm? Because 6am to 6pm is when usually the bandhs happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks