Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2017, 09:10   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Had a weekend drive to Banglore and back.
Road conditions are good.
From Kurnool to Gooty some bridge intersections are uneven. At speeds need to control the vehicle at times. The car flew over with a thud and wipers going on and rear view mirror had be readjusted.
Fast tags after Kurnool to Bagepalli need to wait for crossing over of vehicles beyond the collection counter. Had a bad experience behind the lorry guy who's tag was not working and was waiting for my clearance for 15mins close to Kurnool toll.
If you foresee delay at a toll, just move to another lane, pay cash, and continue. Not worth delaying a trip.
Old 16th April 2017, 10:29   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you as it was a return trip the same day had to patiently wait so that the up and down charges are reflected in my tag.
Old 24th April 2017, 16:51   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

A friend of mine was driving to Hyderabad yesterday from Bangalore. Between Hebbal and Devanahalli, he spotted a group of cops checking speed of vehicles. After passing that, he didn't expect another group closer to the airport!

He had to pay Rs 300 as fine. When he went to the senior cop, he was shown the photo of the car with the speed, and was told that it was automatically uploaded to the cloud. The cop said he had no way of removing that. He also said the find would have been Rs 700 if the speed was more than 100 kmph. In his case, the speed was 97 kmph! The cop also said they ignore speeds upto 90 kmph,

Posted for the benefit of all who use that route.
vnabhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 17:58   #1444
Senior - BHPian

I start slowing down about a kilometer before the Nandi Upachar in Devanahalli.
From there to Hebbal maintain between 80 and 90.
Never know where these speed guns are waiting to flag you down.
Old 24th April 2017, 21:30   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I went the first time, I slowed down to 80 a few kms after Chickballapur. Later I realized it was an overkill. In my later trips, I started slowing down to 80 kmph from the Devanahalli cross-roads, around 4 kms before the airport junction.

But in November last year, the airport cab guy told me that they had stopped checking due to a chain collision a week before, when a cop suddenly stopped a speeding vehicle. And my cab was doing around 100. I'm not sure how long that lasted though.
Old 26th April 2017, 08:03   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Did a Hyderabad-Bangalore-Thrissur drive over the last weekend.Nothing unusual to report,roads are all good.No new eateries other than the old usual suspects.Toll guys have used the demonetization to good effect by rounding off the toll rates to the nearest 10.All the tolls had swipe machines(I did not use it though).The FasTags are available at the Toll offices and are issued immediately is what one toll attendant told me.I have been planning to get one for myself,but did not want to waste time in the midst of a drive.Intend on checking at the Thrissur Paliyekara toll if the tags are indeed available on demand while I am here in Thrissur for the next couple of weeks.The speed guns at Devanahalli were doing duty as expected somewhere near Nandi Upachar.

PS:The Waverly on top of VR Mall is a fantastic place to stay.
www.thewaverly.in
Old 26th April 2017, 17:51   #1447
BHPian

Day before yesterday, 24th April, a posse of RTA/Police officials were on documents verification checking duty in the Hyderabad - Bangalore direction near Highway Restaurant just before Pebbair at around 08:30 in the morning. All vehicles were being checked for RC, Insurance and PUC and driver for DL, no exceptions were being made for any vehicle. Took 25 minutes to pass through after checking.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:59   #1448
BHPian

Started from Hyderabad on 27th at 8 pm reached at 3 pm.
Started back on 1st at 12 noon and reached at 8 pm.

Excellent roads barely any traffic. A couple of speed breakers to watch out for near Karnataka check post. It was an excellent drive.
Old 14th June 2017, 11:29   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Traveled last weekend to Banglore.
The Hotel at Gooty Blue Moon has opened up occomodation too.
They have 8 rooms.
Rs. 2000 for A/C with complimentary breakfast.
Non A/C Rs 1500.
Food is decent and clean washrooms
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 18:20   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Restaurant scene is slowly improving.There is a new Sandarshini open at Jadcherla (upmarket one).Not to be confused with the existing Sandarshini Food Court which is an average to dirty place.This comes to your left in the BLR-HYD direction as you enter Jadcherla.I would definitely reccomend this place.Also there are a couple of more restaurants now open much before Nandi Upachar at Devanahalli(all in the BLR-HYD direction).However Nandi Upachar continues to be the best in terms of washrooms and food
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 22:07   #1451
Senior - BHPian

I drove to Bangalore on June 1st and then to Chikmagalur the following day. Returned from Bangalore on 4th.

The onward journey was smooth, with lunch at Dasmesh dhaba, just after Kasepalli toll. Typical punjabi dhaba with good food. Amibience was a typical roadside dhaba. Filled up petrol at BPCL COCO bunk just before it.

Surprisingly, we were diverted to a beaten track just after Chikballapur. We had to turn left and go via an offbeat road full of speed breakers and lots of traffic. We finally merged with the highway at Devanahalli village cross-roads. This added around 15 kms to our trip apart from 30 minutes time. When we inquired mid-way, we were told it was due to a college strike.

The return was smooth though. It was a great experience picking up fresh mangoes right next to a farm on the highway near Dhone. We had late lunch at Food Pyramid. Nice ambience and wash rooms. Cost wise it was similar to 7 Restaurant on the Hyderabad-Vijaywada highway.

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th June 2017 at 22:09.
Old 26th June 2017, 14:19   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Also there are a couple of more restaurants now open much before Nandi Upachar at Devanahalli(all in the BLR-HYD direction).However Nandi Upachar continues to be the best in terms of washrooms and food
Try India Paratha Co., 50 metres before Nandi Upachar, in Bangalore - Hyderabad direction.
Expensive. But. You will not want to halt anywhere else but this place ever again between Hebbel and Anantpur.
Actually, same applies even if travelling from Hyderabad side. Just get on the service road (which falls on your right side) at Nandi Hill Junction.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 12:43   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Traveled last weekend to Banglore and back

Penukonda - Bagepalii Stretch

Kodur Junction and Palasamudram junction have got speed breakers newly laid.

Need to slow down a bit regulars in this route to take notice
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 13:26   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I barely escaped the other day. A Honda City was trying to overtake me for some time. Though I was not racing him, I too was doing good speeds. As I was new to this road, I was a bit more cautious than usual. There was a bend in the road, I slowed down to below 80, and right after the bend there were cops with speed gun. Honda City, which overtook me, ran straight into their arms.
Old 29th July 2017, 06:46   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Pictures of the new Sandarshini at Jadcherla.I should have posted these earlier.It is approximately 100kms before PVNR Expressway in the BLR HYD direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20170729061707_1.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20170729061645_1.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20170729061625_1.jpg  

ranjitp1 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks