Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 11:19   #706
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Just returned from Hyderabad trip. Went there to meet some of my army buddies after 27 years!! It was a reunion of sort. Covered Hyd-Blr in 5Hrs 15 Mins Airport to Airport.....Non Stop.

Road condition as usual is excellent.

Caution - There are many undulations/bulging - not road humps as such - between Kurnool - Anantpur section. This is specially at culverts or flyovers and also at curves. Since the road is so good and we tend to drive very fast - there were small cars which over took me at 135 - there is a strong chance of jumping off the road or rolling over. Take care when you drive in this section.
Hope you got to dig into all the Eid goodies when you were here
Old 21st August 2012, 17:05   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

My mom was flying to Delhi on Saturday morning ( Aug 18th) and an impromptu plan took shape. As we had to drop mom off at airport so decided why not carry on and go to Bangalore

Hyderabad-> Bangalore (Aug 18)

Left Hyd airport at 9:45am and reached Bangalore Airport at 2:45pm.

5 hours exactly with 2 ten minute stops.

Bangalore-> Hyderabad ( Aug 20)

Left our hotel in Gandhinagar in Bangalore at 3:30pm and reached home in Himayathnagar in Hyderabad at 9:45pm. Total time took was 6 Hours and 15 minutes. Hotel to Home

My observations :-

1. While going there was peak morning traffic until Kurnool which was horrendous with lot of slow moving traffic and autos etc.

2. As Fauji mentioned, some of the curves come up suddenly and you need to keep constant focus on road or go slow

3. Speedbreakers come up suddenly at Chickballapur bringing your momentum down at once.

4. Lots of small vehicles, people cross the road suddenly and had a close call while return as i was taking a steep right curve and a bullock cart fellow decides to jump the divider. Had it been on a straight road, i would have slowed down. But, no such luck. I had to veer completely to left, go on the shoulder and miss him by a small margin. Whew !!!

5. The road has lots of descents and ascents while coming back to Hyderabad for atleast 200kms outside of bangalore which aids your speed but, also can keep surprises in store. So be careful.

Overall, it was blissful drive but, the roads are nowhere as awesome as Hyderabad ORR stretches.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:57   #708
BHPian

I driving to HYD in a while from now, on work. Would be in HYD till Friday ( 24th eve)

Have not driven that rtoad, so had a quick glance at the comments here. 7-8 hrs is what I was told, but I see people munching in at 5 hrs too

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th October 2012 at 07:05. Reason: Please refrain from posting high speeds on the forum. Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:59   #709
Senior - BHPian

Planning to ride to Hyd mid next week. Have rode till Gooty around 5 years back when the expressway was being built.

Have heard from many and this thread the roads are good all the way.
Was wondering if there are good eateries as well as puncture shops on the way or is it barren land like some of our expressways from Blore.

Also is it raining in Andhra? I hope not!

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:31   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I driving to HYD in a while from now, on work. Would be in HYD till Friday ( 24th eve)

Have not driven that rtoad, so had a quick glance at the comments here. 7-8 hrs is what I was told, but I see people munching in at 5 hrs too

Looking forward to driving legally at 120 on the ORR and to some TBhp spottings.
All the best,drive at whatever is your comfort speed,there are no targets to meet anyways.Safe driving and have a good stay in Hyd.Which side of Hyd are you in?Depending on that take the ORR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Planning to ride to Hyd mid next week. Have rode till Gooty around 5 years back when the expressway was being built.

Have heard from many and this thread the roads are good all the way.
Was wondering if there are good eateries as well as puncture shops on the way or is it barren land like some of our expressways from Blore.

Also is it raining in Andhra? I hope not!

Thanks in advance
Nil eateries enroute beyond Chikballapur Kamat.Carry something with you to be on the safer side.Fuel not an issue on the route.No rains as of now in Hyderabad.Ride Safe.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 12:17   #711
BHPian

Hi friends please suggest is this the best route from Bangalore to Secunderabad.

Bangalore-Ananthpur-Kurnool-Vallur-Mahbubnagar-Shamshabad-Secunderabad= 600 kms
Old 13th September 2012, 12:43   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends please suggest is this the best route from Bangalore to Secunderabad.

Bangalore-Ananthpur-Kurnool-Vallur-Mahbubnagar-Shamshabad-Secunderabad= 600 kms
All through on NH7 Hebbal-Devanahalli-Anantapur-Gooty-Kurnool-Shamshabad-PVN Rao Elevated EWay-Mehdipatnam-Masab Tank-Banjara Road Hill Rd1-Panjagutta-Begumpet-Paradise(Secunderabad)

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=2&t=m&z=14
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 14:18   #713
BHPian

Hi travelled to Secunderabad and back to bangalore yesterday. The roads are perfectly good. Very minimal traffic, but need to watch out for the cattles where i had to brake hard near Anathpur. Night journeys seems to be very lonely because of least traffic.It was very difficult to find good food, but one can find a lot of dhabas on the way.

Tolls were extremely high, i had to spent 958/- for to and fro.It took apprx 8.5 hrs to cover 615 kms.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th October 2012 at 07:06. Reason: Please refrain from mentioning high speeds on the forum.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:57   #714
BHPian

Hello Guys, I am planning to drive from Hyd to Bangalore this weekend (22nd or 23rd) and return on 26th or 27th. Let me know if someone is planning around the same time. We can drive together.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:08   #715
BHPian

Just completed the Hyderabad-Bangalore-Hyderabad trip. I started on 15th and returned yesterday.

Surely this can be done in 5 hours if you drive at insane speeds. I would strongly advise to remain at/below 100 and be consistent so you average out at 90-100 KM/hr. While returning, I was doing around 120 and a group of cattle was grazing when suddenly a calf decided to cross the road and galloped in front of my Scorpio. I braked, steered, veered, panicked, don't know what all I did in those scary seconds but just.. just missed the calf somehow. With the huge momentum the Scorpio carries, the calf would have been blown apart, and who knows, the Scorpio could have broken down too. For the rest of the journey, I did not cross 90. Hyderabad to Bangalore was done in 6 hours and the return trip took 7 hours (timings are engine start to engine stop and do not include half hour breaks)

My advice: Wherever you see farmers, goats, cattle, children, honk and/or slow down and watch out for the gaps in median.
Old 20th September 2012, 17:07   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
I was doing around 120 and a group of cattle was grazing when suddenly a calf decided to cross the road and galloped in front of my Scorpio. I braked, steered, veered, panicked, don't know what all I did in those scary seconds but just.. just missed the calf somehow. With the huge momentum the Scorpio carries, the calf would have been blown apart, and who knows, the Scorpio could have broken down too.
And imagine the ruckus you would get into with the owners of the cattle,thats the last thing anybody would want to get into in an unknown place.
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:40   #717
BHPian

Hi All,
I am planing for a Hyderabad trip on the next long weekend. From all the threads i got that the road condition is great and only things to take care are cattle's on roads and carry breakfast. Also those who are in hyd, can you help me what are the places to visit there. and which are the places where i should try to avoid taking my car.
Below are some of the places shortlisted by wifey
1) Golkonda Fort, Golconda Fort, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
2) Charminar
3) Taj Falaknuma Palace
4) Ramoji Film City
5) NTR Garden
6) Lumbini Park
7) Botanical Garden

Last edited by devil_klm : 23rd September 2012 at 22:41.
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:39   #718
BHPian

Came to blore from hyderabad today. Took about 8 hrs. Was driving alone so kept it relaxed. Took 15-20 mins break at 200, 300, 400 n 500 kms. Was carrying food n drinks with me so dint ve to search for a dhaba. Did a tank full at hyd n was able to reach electronic city with still some left. :-)
So dint need to search for a petrol bunk either.
The best part of the trip- not a single patch of bad road in the entire 600km drive (from hyd infy office to blore infy office). Found traffic only after entering bangalore.
The entire highway has a lot of openings for merging traffic n u-turns so have to be on the lookout for the strays(public + cattle) always. Carrying your own food n drinks is recommended as it definetly saves a lot of time.
Overall an amazing drive. Cant wait to drive on this highway again... Which is anyway gonna happen in 3-4 days when i return to hyd. :-)
a.bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 12:40   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Hi All,
I am planing for a Hyderabad trip on the next long weekend. From all the threads i got that the road condition is great and only things to take care are cattle's on roads and carry breakfast. Also those who are in hyd, can you help me what are the places to visit there. and which are the places where i should try to avoid taking my car.
Below are some of the places shortlisted by wifey
1) Golkonda Fort, Golconda Fort, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
2) Charminar
3) Taj Falaknuma Palace
4) Ramoji Film City
5) NTR Garden
6) Lumbini Park
7) Botanical Garden
Golkonda fort-be there around 330-4pm so that you can walk around and see the fort and then see the light & sound show which starts at 6pm or 630,its a one hour show and worth a watch with Amitabh Bachchan's voice over.

Charminar-Not reccomended to take your car,parking is a big pain and especially with the COP-II UN conference scheduled to start from Sep 29th not sure what the rush is going to be like at Charminar.

Taj Faluknuma:You need to have a reservation for either lunch or dinner to go there.Its around 1600 plus taxes per head iirc for lunch and 2000 or round abouts for dinner.

Ramoji is a one full day affair.You can only take your car till the main gate.If you opt for the Star Experience,then you can take you car inside,else you cant.Book your tickets online at ramoji site to avoid the long qs at the main gate.If you manage to reach the main gate by 9am you should be able to get back to the city by 6pm.Ramoji buses take you around inside the film city.You could also stay a night inside RFC and see the film city in two parts.There are three hotels within RFC

NTR & Lumbini gardens are next to each other,you could also check out Eat Street on Necklace Road.From Lumbini park and Eat Street,you also have boat rides on the Hussain Sagar.

You could also check out Shilparamam http://www.shilparamam.org/

Driving time etc depends on which part of the city you are staying in as all these places are at different parts of the city.When you are Charminar,you could also visit Salarjung Museum(if you are taking your car,then a saner option would be to park your car at the museum and rick it out to Charminar).

If you are ok with eating non-veg,then a visit to Paradise would be a good option.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:35   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Looking forward to driving legally at 120 on the ORR and to some TBhp spottings.
Airport to Airport possible in 5 hours depending on the traffic/time of day. I have done it while the other few times it took me longer since I was taking more breaks. Better to assume 6 hours and plan.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th October 2012 at 07:04. Reason: Please do not mention high speeds on the forum. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks