Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 11:50   #766
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Thanks for the Q's
Our purpose is only sight seeing and we do not know people there
My better half and kids are Veggie so prefer Veggie hotel. Another family accompanying us is also Veggie
Would prefer a place/hotel where we can get cooked food as we don't want to end up cooking during vacation. If service apartment has an option of available food then it is OK
My budget is from 2.5 to 3.5K per day. I am looking for clean hotel ie clean toilets and bedsheets with facility of parking and food
We will spend 3 nights at Hyd ( Will reach by 22 afternoon and leave by 25th noon)
At this budget,you can check out the following places:

The Purple Leaf (DBL at 3K all inclusive):http://thepurpleleafhotels.com

Mango Suites: http://www.mangosuites.com/hotels/co...bad-india.html

Mercure Abids (Veg only):http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-7831...ds/index.shtml

Major attractions:Ramoji Film City (would take you one full day,book online to avoid the hassle of standing in q),

Salarjung Museum-Charminar -Shilparamam can be done as a single circuit with an early start.

The Hussain Sagar Lake followed by the various gardens around the lake (NTR,Lumbini)Eat Street can be done as another circuit.Birla Temple is close by as well.

You could drive through Banjara Hills-Jubilee Hills-Puri Jagannath Temple.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:57   #767

Dear BHPians,

I did a Bangalore to Warangal drive over the weekend. Left from Kundalhalli at night 12:30 am. I took the Hopefarm-->Kadugodi-->Budigere-->Devanahalli route to reach NH7. I guess everyone knows about the mountainous speed breaker sections near Budigere cross. I would like to mention about this killer speed breaker on NH7 right after Devanahalli. I was doing at 100 and I suddenly spot this hump. The reflectors on the hump were not working unfortunately and I had to break really hard. Still I couldn't avoid jumping a bit.

The drive till Hyderabad was pretty much smooth except some minor hiccups. There was a dead calf on the road near to Kurnool and I had to make a sharp cut to avoid it. Also somewhere on the highway at around morning 4 am, a man was walking on the middle of the left lane and that too when the road was curving. I always follow the Drive on Left and Pass Right rule on 4 lane highways and I got the scare of a lifetime when I saw this guy.

We reached Shamshabad near the Outer Ring Road entry at around 8 am. There were sign boards showing Warangal take exit 9 on ORR. I didn't know that the ORR work till Warangal highway is not yet complete. So I take the ORR and I must say, it was like driving in a foreign country. Absolutely awesome 8 lane road. As soon as I reached the Vijaywada exit, I see that the road ahead is closed. At the toll booth, I asked for directions to Warangal. The person told me to go back to Uppal and take the inner ring road.

The GPS device was showing another route via Bhoodan Pochampally to Bibinagar. The road was named MG road. So I decided to take it anyway since I didn't see any sense going back to the city again to catch the highway.

The route taken is given below.
http://maps.google.com/maps

This turned out to be a huge mistake. The road was very bad. We had reached Vijayawada exit of ORR at 8.30 am and we reached Bibinagar by 10.30 am. After Bibinagar, the road till Bhongir was excellent. From Bhongir onwards it is a 2 lane road. Finally we reached our destination in Hanamkonda at exactly 12 pm. The 2 lane stretch was pretty much stress free and I could do an average speed of 60+.

While returning we took the conventional Uppal-->LB Nagar-->NH7 route. Had our lunch from Grand Bawarchi before Uppal on the Warangal highway. Return trip was much faster. We left Hanamkonda at 11.30 am on Sunday and we reached Grand Bawarchi at 1. Started again at 2 and we were on NH7 by 2.45. Took small tea breaks at Kurnool, Anantpur and Devanahalli. And we reached home at 11 pm.

The return drive was very satisfying. After crossing Penukonda and into the Karnataka state, I was a bit worried about the speed breaker experience I had while coming. So I followed a fast moving lorry till Devanahalli. Thankfully he was doing close to 90 and I didn't lose time following him.

I hope this post is helpful
varunmukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 12:15   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmukund View Post
We reached Shamshabad near the Outer Ring Road entry at around 8 am. There were sign boards showing Warangal take exit 9 on ORR.
The NH7-Warrangal connectivity might take another year to complete from the way things are progressing.However NH7(BLR)-NH7(Nagpur) is now open for traffic.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:38   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
At this budget,you can check out the following places:

The Purple Leaf (DBL at 3K all inclusive):http://thepurpleleafhotels.com

Major attractions:Ramoji Film City (would take you one full day,book online to avoid the hassle of standing in q),

Salarjung Museum-Charminar -Shilparamam can be done as a single circuit with an early start.

The Hussain Sagar Lake followed by the various gardens around the lake (NTR,Lumbini)Eat Street can be done as another circuit.Birla Temple is close by as well.

You could drive through Banjara Hills-Jubilee Hills-Puri Jagannath Temple.
Thanks ranit for quick pointers which will help us to plan better
hyd_traveller any addition to ranjit pointers !!
Old 4th December 2012, 12:58   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
any addition to ranjit pointers !!
Must Visit in Hyderabad ( Provided you have time and depending on your interests) :-

1. Charminar
2. Salarjung Museum
3. Lad Bazaar (Bangles Shopping) and Chowmullah Palace (This is a must visit if your in Charminar area)
4. Golconda Fort (1/2 Day session)
5. Birla Temple
6. NTR Gardens
7. Lumbini Park (Clubbed with Boat Ride to Buddha Statue in Hussainsagar Lake)
8. Snacks/Meal at Eat Street on Necklace Road which will be enjoyed by kids (It's on bank of Hussainsagar Lake)
9. IMAX movie in Prasad Theatre (First IMAX in India)
10. Ramoji Film City (Full Day Session)

11. Dhola-Ri-Dhani
12. A slow drive-by Hitech City and Gachibowli Financial District

1,2, 3 are all in vicinity and can be covered in one full day

5,6,7,8,9 are all in vicinity and can be covered in one long full day (though it will be a bit hurried affair)

I recommend you stay close-by ( Mercure being one of them). Another hotel is next to Taj Mahal, Abids ( It's called One International or something like that. Use google) which is also a good option as you will be in bang heart of city in an area called "Abids"

Cheers and have a good time in Hyderabad !!!
Old 4th December 2012, 13:11   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmukund View Post
I would like to mention about this killer speed breaker on NH7 right after Devanahalli. I was doing at 100 and I suddenly spot this hump. The reflectors on the hump were not working unfortunately and I had to break really hard. Still I couldn't avoid jumping a bit.
There is one more speed breaker (read suspension-breaker) without adequate signage just before the Chikballapur bypass begins. I was doing an overnight drive to Hyderabad (and beyond) last month and went over this at considerable speed - thankfully no damages to my car's suspension! Also spotted speed breakers at some of the junctions (do not remember the exact locations) b/w BLR-HYD - it is really a dumb move to have speed breakers on a highway where the speed limit is 100 kmph for the most part!! That said, the BLR-HYD stretch of NH7 is arguably one the best highways in India currently.

Quote:
NH7(BLR)-NH7(Nagpur) is now open for traffic.
Wow! That is good news. When I was there around Diwali timeframe, I learned from the toll-booth guy that the stretch would open up within a month. Looks like he was correct. The Miyanpur-Medchal stretch is still manageable when crossing around midnight but is hell during day time.
Old 4th December 2012, 21:33   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Would prefer a place/hotel where we can get cooked food as we don't want to end up cooking during vacation. If service apartment has an option of available food then it is OK
My budget is from 2.5 to 3.5K per day. I am looking for clean hotel ie clean toilets and bedsheets with facility of parking and food
We will spend 3 nights at Hyd ( Will reach by 22 afternoon and leave by 25th noon)
Quote:

Major attractions:Ramoji Film City (would take you one full day,book online to avoid the hassle of standing in q)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Charminar
2. Salarjung Museum
3. Lad Bazaar (Bangles Shopping) and Chowmullah Palace (This is a must visit if your in Charminar area)
4. Golconda Fort (1/2 Day session)
5. Birla Temple
6. NTR Gardens
7. Lumbini Park (Clubbed with Boat Ride to Buddha Statue in Hussainsagar Lake)
8. Snacks/Meal at Eat Street on Necklace Road which will be enjoyed by kids (It's on bank of Hussainsagar Lake)
9. IMAX movie in Prasad Theatre (First IMAX in India)
10. Ramoji Film City (Full Day Session)

11. Dhola-Ri-Dhani
12. A slow drive-by Hitech City and Gachibowli Financial District

1,2, 3 are all in vicinity and can be covered in one full day

5,6,7,8,9 are all in vicinity and can be covered in one long full day (though it will be a bit hurried affair)

I recommend you stay close-by ( Mercure being one of them).
Mercure is a 100% pure veg 4-star property belonging to the Accor Group which owns Novotel, etc. and is ideally located in Abids, a pretty central area for your needs.

I would not suggest Mango Suites as it is a pretty desolate area after 9pm being located in the business commercial district though the rooms are very nice and modern and when I went there, it was totally vacant but for 2 rooms, both occupied by businessmen and not families.

You can check out Ivory Sands Service Apartments (however if you do decide on them, choose to stay in the one located at Kundanbagh / Uma Nagar and not the one at Begumpet which is next to old airport) on the internet. They have a 3 bedroom apartment option which will give you a sitting room, dining hall, kitchen, fridge and 3 bedrooms with toilets. Nice clean beds and toilets. Not in league with Mercure at all but much cheaper. Located just behind Lifestyle. Plenty of food options around including 100% veg Ohri's De-Thali and Ohri's Jiva Imperia apart from the famous Ten Downing Street and Haveli Restaurant, Mainland China and so many more. They do have food but only against prior orders (like book dinner before lunch time types). You can order parcels from nearby or even ask their staff to get you takeaway. Secure parking is also there. The 3-BHK with complimentary B'F and WiFi can be negotiated below 6K all inclusive.

22nd evening : visit Birla Temple, take a boat ride to Budha Statue from eat Street, visit Lumbini Park, visit NTR Gardens, have a meal at Eat Street before calling it a day. You can also take a slow drive around Hussainsagar Lake (9km/30min), preferably anti-clockwise.

23rd : Start by a visit to Salarjung Museum, then drive past Charminar and Mecca Masjid, park at Chowmohallah palace and see it, walk back to Charminar via Laad Bazar, later visit Sudha-Kar Car Museum nearby. Can be done by lunch time if you start your day by 9am (Salarjung Museum can be done in 1.5 hours or even 4 full days depending on interest and time availability). Later visit Golconda Fort and stay back to see the Sound & Light Show there (carry odomos in ample quantities) and if time permits, see the tombs before the fort.

24th : Visit Ramoji Film City. Relax in the evening (you will need it). If your budget allows, take the Star Experience Package there (I think it may be around 1.5K per person) if it still exists as it could be withdrawn due to Christmas holidays.

25th : Drive back to Bangalore via Banjara Hills - Jubilee Hills - HiTec City - Gachibowli - Outer Ring Road to Shamshabad Airport from where you can be on the NH7.

Now wait for the Gurus of Hyderabad to tweak and fine tune my plans to make them suitable for you.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 22:11   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The NH7-Warrangal connectivity might take another year to complete from the way things are progressing.However NH7(BLR)-NH7(Nagpur) is now open for traffic.
Actually the ORR stretch from Patancheru till Shamirpet was thrown open to public yesterday. So it stretches beyond NH7 (Nagpur side) all the way till the Karimnagar Highway at Shamirpet.

For those planning to drive to Warangal from BLR, taking a left turn onto the ORR at Shamshabad is better, though much longer. From there one can travel till Shamirpet, take the exit towards Hyd city on the Karimnagar highway, and turn left near Tumkunta (before Hakimpet air force base) and take the link road that proceeds towards Ghatkesar on the Warangal highway. I used that road long back and it was good. No recent updates however.
Old 5th December 2012, 11:12   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Now wait for the Gurus of Hyderabad to tweak and fine tune my plans to make them suitable for you.
Bajaj Saab, I think Aka_iitd should pay you a event organizing fee for such an immaculate plan for his visit to Hyderabad

Why dont we get such planners when we visit other cities?
Old 5th December 2012, 11:41   #775
BHPian

I drove on NH 44 Hyd to Blr, couple of weeks back and I am spoilt by it. Just looking for an excuse to do a Bangalore trip. Expect nothing but the best roads now.

Toll update: Its up from Rs. 450 (from what I read last) to Rs. 493 one way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bajaj Saab, I think Aka_iitd should pay you a event organizing fee for such an immaculate plan for his visit to Hyderabad

Why dont we get such planners when we visit other cities?
For other cities, we have a resident expert, ranjitp
Old 5th December 2012, 12:31   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post

Toll update: Its up from Rs. 450 (from what I read last) to Rs. 493 one way.
The toll's gone up quite considerably!This is a killer for a distance of 550kms approximately, toll of INR 493
Old 5th December 2012, 14:07   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Mercure is a 100% pure veg 4-star property belonging to the Accor Group which owns Novotel, etc. and is ideally located in Abids, a pretty central area for your needs.
hyd_traveller you are too much You planned my itinerary with so much of details many many thanks. It was one of the biggest part of any vacation and you did it so well

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th December 2012 at 14:18. Reason: Please do not quote entire large post...Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 19:38   #778
BHPian

Leaving tomorrow on my Honda Jazz from Hyderabad. Any recommended Petrol Pumps on the way? Carrying food from home so that won't be an issue.
Old 16th December 2012, 21:39   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Leaving tomorrow on my Honda Jazz from Hyderabad. Any recommended Petrol Pumps on the way? Carrying food from home so that won't be an issue.
The highway is dotted with COCOs.
1. IOC COCO between Shamshabad and Shadnagar on right
2. BP COCO on left at Rangareddy Guda, before Jadcherala.
3. BP COCO on right before Kurnool, just before Tungabhadra river.
4. BP COCO at Gooty just after Toll on left
5. HP COCO just before toll on right.
6. BP COCO along with Kamat Upchar in KA

Most of them are just perfect in terms of quality of fuel. all accept cards as well.
Old 17th December 2012, 13:28   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Assuming you tank up in Hyderabad before leaving and also assuming your Jazz has 35L capacity with 15kmpl average, you need just one stop before entering bangalore to cover 580kms

I always look at a large sized bunk with latest dispensers and some vehicles filling up as a sign to use it for refuel OR not

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks