Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2012, 00:21   #751
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
I am driving to Bangalore tonight, have to reach JP Nagar by around 8-9 AM, which route will have lesser traffic, via Hebbal-Sheshadripuram or via the Nice ring road. And will the city route have a lot of traffic on a saturday morning?
If you reach Hebbal by 7-8 am, then just head straight to JP Nagar through sheshadripuram. you wont find much traffic on saturday mornings.

if you ask me, you dont really have another good option. The nice ring road option is a long detour and there is no easy way for you to get onto the ring road in the first place. You will have the same chances of hitting traffic, both getting on and off it, as you would driving from hebbal to sheshadripuram-JP Nagar.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 20:02   #752
BHPian

[quote=sanju.iitm;2931635]Hi Guys,

I travelled on 29th Sept 2012 from Bangalore to Hyderabad;I am sorry for updating my road trip after two weeks.

Sanjeev I am planning to visit Hyderabad shortly in my Hyundai i10 with my wife and daughter for a vacation of 3 to 4 days. Since you have travelled very recently can you inform me the route from Bangalore to Hyderabad? total Kms and best place to stay in HYD. Also please inform me whether the road conditions upto HYD is good and if possible toll particulars
Old 18th November 2012, 20:38   #753
Senior - BHPian

Road conditions are excellent.Approx 600kms should take you around 8hours to cover.4laned all the way.Eating facilities enroute nil to negligible.Carry your own food.Plenty of petrol pumps enroute.Cards accepted.tbhpian Ramki067 did a vacation trip to hyd last week.Total toll one way would come upto approx INR 450.

For hotels,if you have a budget in mind people here would be able to help you with reccomendations,else its too open ended a query!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI
Trip to hyderabad for three four days

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 18th November 2012 at 20:40.
Old 26th November 2012, 17:10   #754
BHPian

Hi,

I am doing a Bangalore Hyderabad on my motorcycle, KTM Duke. The tank range is approximately 250kms (erring on the low side), I guess there are enough Petrol bunks around. Had a quick question on the Nehru ORR in Hyderabad, I am getting conflicting answers whether bikes are allowed or not. I got one answer saying bikes are not allowed, but another saying it is allowed on the service road. Has anyone been on the ORR in their bikes?
Old 26th November 2012, 17:52   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Hi,

I am doing a Bangalore Hyderabad on my motorcycle, KTM Duke. The tank range is approximately 250kms (erring on the low side), I guess there are enough Petrol bunks around. Had a quick question on the Nehru ORR in Hyderabad, I am getting conflicting answers whether bikes are allowed or not. I got one answer saying bikes are not allowed, but another saying it is allowed on the service road. Has anyone been on the ORR in their bikes?
For your questions:

Yes the entire highway is littered with petrol pumps.No worries on that front.

Bikes are not allowed on the ORR and neither is it allowed on the elevated PVNRE road.Toll collection on the ORR has begun,so patrolling has begun on the ORR.Not worth it to try your luck at the end of a long ride.
Old 26th November 2012, 18:00   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333
Hi,

Enough petrol bunks enroute. You will need at least 2 fills enroute.

Bikes are not allowed on ORRbut they are allowed on service roads.

Note that service roads do not exist / are not ready at some points. Exanple : there is no service road for the last 300 metres joining Bangalore Highway when coming from Gachibowli side so one has to turn off the service road and go through Shamshabad and then towards Hyderabad and take U-Turn at the police station which is a bit of a distance.

Your query can be better answered if you tell starting and ending points.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 18:06   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Your query can be better answered if you tell starting and ending points.
Hi Hyd_traveller, thanks for your reply. I will be coming from Bangalore and my end point is Kondapur. I am not familiar with Hyderabad much, any other route apart from the ORR would be much appreciated. I will be reaching Hyderabad around noon on a friday.
Old 26th November 2012, 19:25   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
I will be coming from Bangalore and my end point is Kondapur. I will be reaching Hyderabad around noon on a friday.
From Bangalore Highway aka Shamshabad to Gachibowli, at least one side of the service roads are complete for the total stretch.

Get on the service road just before the ORR and keep on the left side of ORR service road. Not sure whether you can keep on the left service road at Himayatsagar lake aka Rajendra Nagar Junction and if not allowed on the left side, move to the right side service road. The next is Narsingi Junction and hereafter you need to stick to the service road on the right side till Nanakramguda Junction from where you can climb up on the ORR and use it till Gachibowli exit (as it is, there are no service roads after Nanakramguda till Gachibowli).

Once at Gachibowli, go straight under the flyover and you will soon reach Kondapur.

Use exactly the same route on the return till Shamshabad which means you will join the Bangalore Highway and need to turn towards Hyderabad City and then need to take a U-Turn below the ORR.
Old 26th November 2012, 22:51   #759
PVS
BHPian

I was on NH7 this weekend, driving Hyderabad to Gooty one way, and Dhone to Hyderabad on the return trip. Tolls each way worked out to be Rs 249(51,53,65,80).

Roads are good, and though its is possible to maintain decent speeds, you would have to keep slowing down many times, at intersections. And then you would need to contend with slow moving traffic on both the lanes - would have to rapidly change lanes, to keep up the momentum.

On the way out, we left Hyderabad outskirts by around 07:45 am and reached Kurnool by 09:50 am and Gooty by around 11:30 am.
After exploring the areas in and around Gooty, Guntakal, Yadiki and Dhone, we got on to the highway at Dhone at around 01:30 pm and reached Hyderabad - Shankar Mutt by around 04:45 pm - around 268 Km in 3 hours 15 minutes.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:34   #760
BHPian

hi, will be diving to bangalore tomorrow from hyderabad. this thread is really good with so much help on the route and other needs.
have one specific query, i need to reach Ejipura, Koramangala. how do i head there from Hebbal?

thanks
sri
Old 1st December 2012, 12:16   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri
hi, will be diving to bangalore tomorrow from hyderabad. this thread is really good with so much help on the route and other needs.
have one specific query, i need to reach Ejipura, Koramangala. how do i head there from Hebbal?

thanks
sri
From Hebbal interchange take the left on the ORR.
Keep on the ORR till KR Puram where you see a big flyover curving to the left.Do not take the f/o instead keep left and go under the flyover and take right and run parallel to the railway track.You are now on NGEF road.
Keep on the road,you would cross Byappanahalli metro terminus onto your left and end up at a very busy signal intersection on Old Madras Road.
Take a right at the signal,go straight at the following signal,and at the next signal also go straight (you would find the Swami Vivekananda Metro stn to your right).At the next signal take a left.You are now on Indiranagar 100ft road.
Keep straight on the road crossing all signal intersections and climb on the big clover leaf interchange at the end of the road and keep straight.The interchange lands on Koramangala Intermediate Ring road.
Keep on the road and at the first signal you encounter on the IRR,take a right.Once you take a right you are in Ejipura.

This is the easiest way to get to Ejipura.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...16,17&t=m&z=16

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 1st December 2012 at 12:28. Reason: Map added
Old 1st December 2012, 12:25   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
hi, will be diving to bangalore tomorrow from hyderabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
From Hebbal interchange take the left on the ORR. Once you take a right you are in Ejipura.
Tomorrow is a Sunday.

It depends on what time you reach Hebbel.

If it is in the pre-lunch session, and if I were doing it, I would go straight through the city.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:03   #763
BHPian

Folks I am planning to go to Hyderabad this Xmas please let me know the major attractions there and good hotel to stay with family
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 11:18   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
good hotel to stay with family
Budget is a very important consideration to give suggestions.

Is your agenda only sightseeing or do you know people here and would be meeting up with them in which case their area of residence can play a role in deciding the hotel location?

Also whether you are a veggie and would like to stay in 100% pure veggie hotel?

Are you okay with service apartments? If so, with self cooking kitchenette or just rooms type?
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 11:31   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Budget is a very important consideration to give suggestions.

Is your agenda only sightseeing or do you know people here and would be meeting up with them in which case their area of residence can play a role in deciding the hotel location?

Also whether you are a veggie and would like to stay in 100% pure veggie hotel?

Are you okay with service apartments? If so, with self cooking kitchenette or just rooms type?
Thanks for the Q's
Our purpose is only sight seeing and we do not know people there
My better half and kids are Veggie so prefer Veggie hotel. Another family accompanying us is also Veggie
Would prefer a place/hotel where we can get cooked food as we don't want to end up cooking during vacation. If service apartment has an option of available food then it is OK
My budget is from 2.5 to 3.5K per day. I am looking for clean hotel ie clean toilets and bedsheets with facility of parking and food
We will spend 3 nights at Hyd ( Will reach by 22 afternoon and leave by 25th noon)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks