Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 21:05   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I am a regular user of that route upto Anantapur and I have done BLR-HYD just last month, due to an emergency had to start at 5PM and reached HYD by 1AM, i genrally avoid the night driving much. But to my surprise the roads are superb, and no issues with night driving at all, with all the roads well marked. In fact i learnt that reaching HYD by night is a good idea as the traffic is almost scarce and you can save much time.
Old 31st March 2013, 21:32   #827
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Coming into Bangalore please be aware of the speed cameras immediately after devanahalli junction. Got caught today along with another 5-6 cars coming from Hyderabad.
Even my friend was fined Rs. 300(before airport while coming from Hyderabad) for over speeding. This happened couple of days back.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:17   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I am a regular user of that route upto Anantapur and I have done BLR-HYD just last month, due to an emergency had to start at 5PM and reached HYD by 1AM, i genrally avoid the night driving much. But to my surprise the roads are superb, and no issues with night driving at all, with all the roads well marked. In fact i learnt that reaching HYD by night is a good idea as the traffic is almost scarce and you can save much time.
Second that completely. Did BLR-HYD last year in November. Left Hebbal at 5 PM and was in Punjagutta at 12.15 AM. And this is after a very comfortable 110-120 cruise, no high speed driving. I must really mention the high levels of road discipline. All the vehicles, whether HCVs, private cars, buses, heck even autos and two wheelers would just give way with a couple of pass flashes, it was unbelievable (Esp after driving in BLR). The discipline really added to the pleasure of the drive, not to mention reduced a lot of stress. I dont know the reason, maybe since it was night time and most of the traffic was long distance, but i am not complaining.

Trivia: I realised early on that there was barely a need to honk, so I started to measure how much distance i can go without using the horn. To my absolute amazement, i drove for 527 Kms before i needed to honk . And that too, because a lady decided to suddenly take a U turn in Hyderabad without signalling. .
Old 7th May 2013, 08:09   #829
BHPian

I drove Bangalore to Hyderabad on Sunday, 5th May. Got speed trapped after Bangalore Airport before Devanahalli. Service was pretty quick though. Rs. 300, receipt from portable printer in less than 2 minutes.

No good eateries on the way, the Ghar Dhabas at both Chikballapur and Kurnool are not great. Just OK. We found one called Vaishali near Penugonda on left hand side which is a little better than the above two. Road conditions are great but watch out of occassioinal speed breaks near Kurnool and Anantapur areas. Had around 10 instances of morons driving in opposite direction.
Old 7th May 2013, 08:34   #830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmurali View Post
I drove Bangalore to Hyderabad on Sunday, 5th May. Got speed trapped after Bangalore Airport before Devanahalli. Service was pretty quick though. Rs. 300, receipt from portable printer in less than 2 minutes.
This is surprising (Or did I not got it correct)! You said speed trapped on the 4-lane after the BIAL exit point and before Devanahalli? Why should the authorities place a speed limit after the airport exit? Its anyway out side the city and the 4-lane!
Old 7th May 2013, 10:15   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is surprising (Or did I not got it correct)! You said speed trapped on the 4-lane after the BIAL exit point and before Devanahalli? Why should the authorities place a speed limit after the airport exit? Its anyway out side the city and the 4-lane!
They said speed limit is 80 and I was driving above that. Yes, that's after Airport and before Devanahalli
Old 7th May 2013, 10:23   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think thats outside city limits.Traffic police is present just after Chikballapur all the way till the city and the speed guns are placed immediately after you exit the chikballapur bypass.
Old 7th May 2013, 10:35   #833
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I dont think thats outside city limits.Traffic police is present just after Chikballapur all the way till the city and the speed guns are placed immediately after you exit the chikballapur bypass.
Chikkaballapur I thought totally out side limits. Its about 30km from Devanahalli.
Not sure if they have expanded till that point!
Old 7th May 2013, 10:52   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chikkaballapur I thought totally out side limits. Its about 30km from Devanahalli.
Not sure if they have expanded till that point!

I've seen cops noting down the registration numbers of all non-Karnataka cars (mine too) right after the monstrous speed-breakers at Chikkaballapur. This was around 11 pm. So I guess they are active even on that stretch.
Old 27th May 2013, 11:54   #835
Senior - BHPian

A short update had been to Coimbatore from Hyderabad and back.
The roads are good throughout.
While coming from Banglore huge speedbreaker at starting of Chikaballapur bypass.
Another one at Bagepalli checkpost.
After the second flyover in Anathapur bypass.
A new speedbreaker one at the end of Pamidi town Bridge.
Need to slow down at these places otherwise it is a breeze to drive the whole stretch.
Old 27th May 2013, 12:31   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
A short update had been to Coimbatore from Hyderabad and back.
Can you please tell me how much was the travel time between Hyderabad and Bangalore and also between Bangalore and Coimbatore.

Do not miss telling me what time of the day you were on which sector and on which day of the week as these would help me to get a realistic update.
Old 27th May 2013, 13:02   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Can you please tell me how much was the travel time between Hyderabad and Bangalore and also between Bangalore and Coimbatore.

Do not miss telling me what time of the day you were on which sector and on which day of the week as these would help me to get a realistic update.

I usually do not pen down my timing between the travel distance for the simple
reason every one has their own way of driving style.
As I have traveled a lot many times in this route my running time a little stiff.
Due to my work constraints I usually travel in the nights so that I can have a
full working day with me.
I started on Thursday around 5.15pm crossed Shamshabad 6pm.Stopped at Gooty(Ravi Teja hotel) for dinner half an hour (9pm-9.30pm)
Stopped at Shoolagiri Mac Donalds 12.45am refuelling.Started around 1 am reached Coimbatore 6.a.m.
On the return Sunday afternoon 3pm stopped at Thoppur 10mins biobreak.
Shoolagiri Mac donlds 7.45pm-8.15pm with refuelling.
It is a non stop drive except for biobreaks reached Hyderabad 3.30am.
I do not know how much time it takes during the day as I prefer to cross Banglore during the night.
Hope this helps.
Old 27th May 2013, 14:21   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Bangalore-CBE is usually a 8+5.5hrs of driving time for me during daytime drives to kerala(dep 6am).and peak traffic it takes about an hour to 90mins at times to reach Hosur from Devanahalli via the BIAL-Hoskote-Whitefield-Attibele bypass option.

The volvos take 12hrs-14hrs from Hyd to CBE with a departure of 4pm from Hyderabad.Hope this helps.

PS:Ofcourse to go to Kerala, I dont take the NH47 between Salem & CBE now a days tthanks to the road widening in progress between Avinashi & the Kerala border at Walayar and beyond.We usually drive Secunderabad to Park Plaza / GRT Estancia Salem in about 11hrs including bypassing Blr during afternoon traffic,
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 11:30   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've seen cops noting down the registration numbers of all non-Karnataka cars (mine too) right after the monstrous speed-breakers at Chikkaballapur. This was around 11 pm. So I guess they are active even on that stretch.
That was before KA elections.
It is not a norm.
Old 31st May 2013, 12:29   #840
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Anyone planning to drive from B'lore to Hyderabad on next Friday evening or Saturday Morn.? I don't want to drive alone.

Waseem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks